UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Gold Seller Scam - UOGAMERS PUSHER/Push-

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRADE MAN

Squire
Moon wraith, you are a good friend of mine and I'm very sorry this happened to you. White Lotus couldn't have said it any better, always do your homework to find out who legit and honest sellers are. White lotus and myself,(Wedge), are two of the most trustworthy vets in the game. Remember people, if a guy is selling so cheap that it seems to good to be true, then it's probably a scam. Also remember, make sure u show the shard some love. They have some very cool items on donation sight. We play here for free so doesn't hurt to toss a little $$ at one of your hobbies. And never let anyone tell you that it's dumb to spend Rl $$ on the game. Think of all the hobbies we spend tons on. Nothing wrong with spending a little here and there on a game that we have a great time on. So please check out some of the cool items on donation site, and when you decide you need a little gold, feel free to contact me xxwedgexx84 on Skype or white lotus. I sell when I'm doing good with poker and trading. And I buy when I'm broke. I just enjoy haggling :p ps SCAMMERS, remember when Rl $$ is involved... Your not pulling of an in game scam.. You are now nothing more than a low life thief. You may get away with it and fool us, but remember.. You can't fool the good Lord. -Wedge

. What you do and how you act in game reflects how you act in real life and I will call bullshit right now if you deny that...

If that's the truth then you take this game WAY too seriously.

I met quite of few ultima online players when OSI was still booming and I can't think of one that acted the same way irl as they did in game.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
If that's the truth then you take this game WAY too seriously.

I met quite of few ultima online players when OSI was still booming and I can't think of one that acted the same way irl as they did in game.

OSI (for me at least) was a completely different story in terms of "questionable" things in game.

I scammed, I duped, I pkd, I trolled, I harrassed. I was also 13.... and was playing with a global population of about 150,000+. In my mind rightly or wrongly at the time, I figured nothing I did could really have an impact on the shards I played on.. I mean at that age who would..

Now? Well most of us are adults.. have jobs, lives, families, most of us feel a certain duty and obligation to always look out for the best interest of hybrid and u o's future. We think bigger picture

But then again as we have seen some of us still choose to act like children and be selfish for the sake of 50 bucks

Karma will come back to them sooner or later :)

St. George

Wanderer
scamming for rl money is shit... but its been part of uo since day 1 lol chalk it up to buyer beware just like irl.. just cant punch a face off in uo :(

So everyone make sure shit clears before you give items because I really loved that Kasa.
Im not saying I was Scammed either. I just have to wait 3-5 days to find out :0

Yeah... It's not going to clear bro. This dude is the equivalent of the squish sound when you step in dog shit.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
Even though I HATE scammers it is not considered fraud.

Paypal will not cover the cost of virtual items purchased and with it being under a $1000 it is not a federal crime so even if they did they wouldn't put fourth much effort into it.

gimp

Sorceror

Paypal will not cover the cost of virtual items purchased and with it being under a $1000 it is not a federal crime so even if they did they wouldn't put fourth much effort into it.

This is not true at all. Knowingly not having money and trying to buy items from you is just right like writing a fake check.

Last edited:

Payan

Sorceror

Actually it is exactly considered fraud because that is what fraud is

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
Actually it is exactly considered fraud because that is what fraud is

No,

You can't commit fraud with something that does not exist.

The item you are purchasing or selling is a virtual item so its technically not a real item.

Contact Paypal and see what they say about it but I can almost guarantee I am right.

It sucks, but that's just how it is. People having been getting away with that for years on WoW and other MMO type games.

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
Unfortunately this is the price of USD-to-UOgamers gold trades. To say people are "scum" because they are scammers is misrepresenting the fact of the matter. Scamming someone for 60 USD, then converting it to your home countries currency can make a big difference in the value of that money.
That 60 USD would be about 145 or so Turkish Lira . After adjusting for purchasing power parity (meaning comparing country cost to monetary value) it become like a 4-fold increase in value.
Everyone has a particular price that they would be willing to sell-out their honor for(some of you may not admit it, but it has a price PERIOD). For some it's money ($50 and others its 20,000$) and others its some kind of emotional value (love, respect, whatever floats your boat). The range of that sell-out price changes when you consider exchange rates. The USD is very strong right now which encourages scamming in USD.

And some people see that money as a way to feed themselves. You just have to understand the value proposition from thier point of view. How much would scamming by american's go up if I scammed $40 from your pocket and it all the sudden quadrupled to $160 in my pocket?

Vizeroth

Sorceror
No,

The item you are purchasing or selling is a virtual item so its technically not a real item.

Contact Paypal and see what they say about it but I can almost guarantee I am right.

It sucks, but that's just how it is. People having been getting away with that for years on WoW and other MMO type games.
To say that UO gold doesn't exist would be akin to saying that your digital music collection doesn't exist. These things exist -- and have value -- even though they are intangible. Fraud pertains to anything of value that has been taken through deceit, and that includes scamming for UO gold.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
To say that UO gold doesn't exist would be akin to saying that your digital music collection doesn't exist. These things exist -- and have value -- even though they are intangible. Fraud pertains to anything of value that has been taken through deceit, and that includes scamming for UO gold.

Digital music has ownership and a declared value which gold on a video game does not.

If I am wrong then please go ahead and contact Paypal for yourself and see what they say.

I can almost guarantee they will tell you the same thing.

Payan

Sorceror
No,

Such a brilliant legal mind. Also a retard

Status
Not open for further replies.