UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Five on Friday #12

kolbycrouch

Knight
change healing bandage timer from 4 seconds to 6-7 seconds max, but increase archery base swing ticks.

Decrease minimum melee weapon ticks against players to 0.75 seconds.

Don't change casting.

I imagine this would actually feel pretty balanced.

DannoBro

Wanderer
JOAT is pretty weak against someone with hiding. I think it's proximity based. When you tested in your bug report you were probably targeting within one tile of your hidden character. When you are being revealed spawns, it's usually by someone who has the detect skill. You don't know that they are only JOAT or even who used detect.
I was testing right out to 8 tiles. It's not working properly.

DannoBro

Wanderer
Eos wants to know more about your bug report Dru

Eos seems to think there was something else happening in your report

Welcome back Dru

No there's just something wrong with detect hidden and tracking skill checks. As I have 100 tracking but I can't track my spawner for shite either.

MB

Knight
I was testing right out to 8 tiles. It's not working properly.
I just tested.

JOAT Detect never revealed GM hiding/60 stealth even when targeting the exact tile.

GM tracking found GM hiding/60 stealth almost every time.

joat.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Eos

Hagnok

Sorceror
uo supose to make pattern pings, like makinging all people ping 200 @ least, amking it fair, but there is no interest on this so lets make excuses to casting telling this is not a bug :D

Kurupted

Squire
Everyone is whining like they are paying for playing here and shit..

HAIL Eos, Styx and other staff members for investing their time in a 20 year old wizard game.

time is worth more than money, people donate all day too. they donate because people play here.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
no one is actually complaining about the speed that spells are cast its that there is pretty much zip recovery on demise as soon as your interrupted your able to recast instantly.
This issue was not looked into for this FoF, but it has been pointed out before and has been looked into previously.

Currently, tests on OSI result in no casting delay after being interrupted while casting. (Other than the mid-way casting failure explained in the original post.) Though, old Stratics threads do mention a casting delay when fizzling. The delay not being there (anymore) makes it hard to verify.

These excerpts are from a PM I received about the delay after fizzling (~1 year ago):
Player said:
On osi if a mage is interrupted and fizzled they can't instantly recast another spell I want to say there's a .25s or .5s recovery delay if you're fizzled.
Eos said:
I've done some testing on OSI, using damage as a way to interrupt my spells. There does not seem to be a delay after fizzling before being able to cast again.
Player said:
I don't recall if it's only players who induce the recovery delay or not... I do know that it is not possible to completely instantly recast after being disrupted by another player.
Eos said:
I'm testing it in a PvP setting as well. The set-up is that one character casts blade spirits (a nice long spell) while the other hits with magic arrow. Upon fizzling, the character instantly tries to recast. The recasting is succeeding, although it seems like after one cast animation the second spell occasionally just stops. OSI is confusing...

I see a lot of threads on the Stratics forums talking about the same delay you mentioned. Yet I cannot see a cast recovery message in-game, it's possible they broke it?
:space:
Any more information on this delay, or different ways to test it, would be much appreciated. :) Perhaps Bama can dig us up some official OSI notes about it. ;)

Bama

Bug Huntress
Perhaps you could make this thread public where information was posted but shelved because:

"When we have the current work out of the way. I will be all for addressing this, NOT NOW. We have enough on our plates without this sure-to-be-a-hassle issue, and when we do, I feel very strongly that all templates' timing / delay fixes need sorted at the same time. If you think pvp is out of wack now, fix it for just one template and see what happens :D"
Xavier, Oct 13, 2011 Report