UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Five on Friday #12

hickman48

Knight
yeah the castings faster. w/e reason you have for that shouldn't matter unless you plan on fixing the problem.

Casting on demise is not to much faster than osi as far as the only major difference i can remember was i was able to gheal between dexxer swings on osi uness they had hit magic arrow or fireball.

otimpyre

Sorceror
^ I thought they disabled this for a few skills.. Med is the one I was thinking about.

Is this true?
Yes I left off that bit of info because I was unsure if it applied.
Humans have a basic ability in all skills, even untrained ones.
Note - As of Publish 64, it no longer contributes towards mana discounts on Special Moves. If players do not have 200 or more modified points in various combat skills (Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu), their special moves will use the full mana cost.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Casting on demise is not to much faster than osi as far as the only major difference i can remember was i was able to gheal between dexxer swings on osi uness they had hit magic arrow or fireball.
I used UOSteam on OSI there was very little difference. The reason a lot of freeshard players feel that UOSteam is so wrong is because they used built in wrongness in Razor for so long. Built in delays, built in pauses, built in limitations. As seen fit by the creator of it. Make sense? This is not a blame game or evil vs good statement. It is just kinda the truth. There are differences. However being me...And what I love or hate...I have my own likes/dislikes and will do nothing to harm/help my likes/dislikes them by pushing for changes or fixes that I feel make my experience/game suck.... The ultimate goal is that we all have fun. Right? Not that we make melee/caster God/Ants or vice versa. The so called balance. The middle ground is what is fair. The struggle is real and I believe we have a great admin making great decisions. Keep on rocking in the free world!

Last edited:

royal kapero2

Sorceror
Everyone is whining like they are paying for playing here and shit..

HAIL EOS for investing her time in a 20 year old wizard game.

An useless post. Why we shouldn't improve the shard? What's wrong with you? Notice: I am not asking why you suck so much in game.

Mantvis

Sorceror
An useless post. Why we shouldn't improve the shard? What's wrong with you? Notice: I am not asking why you suck so much in game.

WE - don't improve the shard, EOS - does. Notice: OMG, that is so nice of you. did your dick grew a couple of millimeters and you are less pissed towards the community?

Last edited:

royal kapero2

Sorceror
WE - don't improve the shard, EOS - does. Notice: OMG, that is so nice of you. did your dick grew a couple of millimeters and you are less pissed towards the community?
If you want to discuss first gain a common sense. We improve the shard indirectly by proposing things.

Mantvis

Sorceror
If you want to discuss first gain a common sense. We improve the shard indirectly by proposing things.
If you would pay attention a little bit more, you could make out that there are only a handful of people who reports bugs and adds suggestions. Neither me or you or the ones that whine are not on the list.

Whats wrong with you kapero? You seem civilized.. Last time I remember, you would come on mumble and loudly declare that you are the BEST :D did that change?

hickman48

Knight
I used UOSteam on OSI there was very little difference. The reason a lot of freeshard players feel that UOSteam is so wrong is because they used built in wrongness in Razor for so long. Built in delays, built in pauses, built in limitations. As seen fit by the creator of it. Make sense? This is not a blame game or evil vs good statement. It is just kinda the truth. There are differences. However being me...And what I love or hate...I have my own likes/dislikes and will do nothing to harm/help my likes/dislikes them by pushing for changes or fixes that I feel make my experience/game suck.... The ultimate goal is that we all have fun. Right? Not that we make melee/caster God/Ants or vice versa. The so called balance. The middle ground is what is fair. The struggle is real and I believe we have a great admin making great decisions. Keep on rocking in the free world!

First off did you read what you quoted i said casting on demise is not much faster than that on osi pretty much what styx said. What iv said in the rest of my post is what was wrong with casting and what needs to be tested but based on styx post was not tested.

otimpyre

Sorceror
First off did you read what you quoted i said casting on demise is not much faster than that on osi pretty much what styx said. What iv said in the rest of my post is what was wrong with casting and what needs to be tested but based on styx post was not tested.
What if I told you I knew the answer to these things already? Did you read what I said?
There are differences. However being me...And what I love or hate...I have my own likes/dislikes and will do nothing to harm/help my likes/dislikes by pushing for changes or fixes that I feel make my experience/game suck.... We are in fact ALL bias. ;)

hickman48

Knight
What if I told you I knew the answer to these things already? Did you read what I said?
There are differences. However being me...And what I love or hate...I have my own likes/dislikes and will do nothing to harm/help my likes/dislikes by pushing for changes or fixes that I feel make my experience/game suck.... We are in fact ALL bias. ;)

This is not a blame game or evil vs good statement.This is from what you said when you quoted me i did not blame anyone i just said that styx was testing something that no one really said anything about and i explained that fcr was the problem with the casting i even offered to help them test it so they can better understand the problem with casting and fix it.

DannoBro

Wanderer
Always been curiouse why some newb with JOAT can easily detect someone with 100 hideing and 120 stealth.
It happens to me frequently when i am a long distance away from the person using it.
Is this how its ment to work.

DannoBro

Wanderer
Yeah you're a fucking dumb fuck, who obviously relies on holding a button down and still getting shit on, 1v1 for mills any time.
people cry and cryy about this
does and archerss sor swords man have to double click every time he attacks?
Does anyone double click and click on themselves to bandy any more? do u even?

now STFU newb

Bama

Bug Huntress
Always been curiouse why some newb with JOAT can easily detect someone with 100 hideing and 120 stealth.
It happens to me frequently when i am a long distance away from the person using it.

Eos wants to know more about your bug report Dru

I have a stealther. He has 100 hide 100 stealth 100 or so dex.
I can detect him in 1 go 99% of the time with my human with the racial +20 bonus. This is standing in a feild not in my house. the stealther is naked and has resist spells which i dont think matters
This doesnt seem right.

Eos seems to think there was something else happening in your report

Humans do get the JOAT bonus, but at 20 detect hidden it's impossible to detect a person with more than 40 hiding. (A quick test on the TC verifies this.) Something else must be going on in that bug report, maybe he was using the Reveal spell?

Until he makes a new forum account or his ban is lifted we may never know
Welcome back Dru

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Does anyone double click and click on themselves to bandy any more? do u even?

now STFU newb
Dood WTF you never had to double click and target self with bandies since September 27 1994. inside uo there is a build in macro that would do that. who the fuck is the newb here?

kolbycrouch

Knight
Kapero is right, we should be improving the shard.

Did we pay them to waste their time observing some imaginary problem with OSI's internal timing? No, they choose to.

Like any software project that you volunteer for, we can't expect them to use up all their time trying to improve something, but we can point out when they are wasting their time going in the wrong direction, and they will tell you themselves, there only desire is to improve the shard for the better of our community, not their own personal bias.

Or we can point at the fact that, just because they are decent programmers of a scripting language subset of another program, it doesn't mean that they are experts at this game itself. One thing that is required of you when you write emulation software, is that you are deeply familiar with what your trying to emulate ( for us OSI ).

MB

Knight
JOAT is pretty weak against someone with hiding. I think it's proximity based. When you tested in your bug report you were probably targeting within one tile of your hidden character. When you are being revealed spawns, it's usually by someone who has the detect skill. You don't know that they are only JOAT or even who used detect.

awe did the forum get a couple new QTPIE moderators? cuteness... they can take the time to add new staff, but still cant fix the topic of discussion, FIX CASTING