UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Gold Seller Scam - UOGAMERS PUSHER/Push-

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonWraith

Sorceror
All,
I was recently scammed by Push- on a transaction for 30mil that we made.

Rule number one, DO NOT PAY ON PAYPAL AS FRIENDS/FAMILY because you have no recourse for refund/dispute.

Second, don't but from this guy, I got 10 mil last night and it went smooth and legit. Today, he tried to push his PW bear on me in lieu of the money. His name is Tyler Conrad on paypal, uogamers-pusher as Skype and
[5:48:59 PM] Frank Steves: [Monday, January 05, 2015 8:04 PM] Marlboro Menthal:

<<< [email protected] is his paypal address.

Buyer Beware!

-MoonWraith

MoonWraith

Sorceror
He DC'd and is attempting to rectify the transaction.

Update: "Cancel the dispute!"

So I did, but he refused to reply to the dispute for fear of looking "guilty". So now the dispute is canceled, but I have no item...lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
All,
I was recently scammed by Push- on a transaction for 30mil that we made.

Rule number one, DO NOT PAY ON PAYPAL AS FRIENDS/FAMILY because you have no recourse for refund/dispute.

Second, don't but from this guy, I got 10 mil last night and it went smooth and legit. Today, he tried to push his PW bear on me in lieu of the money. His name is Tyler Conrad on paypal, uogamers-pusher as Skype and
[5:48:59 PM] Frank Steves: [Monday, January 05, 2015 8:04 PM] Marlboro Menthal:

<<< [email protected] is his paypal address.

Buyer Beware!

-MoonWraith

This guy is a known scammer, he scammed us - do not buy anything from him.

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
Don't let this poison the legit and honorable people that exist here, being totally paranoid, I have still not been scammed once using RL $ since it was allowed. There are those that will fuck you, but there are more that are legitimately good people.

Uomvp

Knight
Your scum if you scam anyone for in game money/items or real money. I was scammed for over 100mil in game by a "friend" and third party, I learned my lesson the hard way. What you do and how you act in game reflects how you act in real life and I will call bullshit right now if you deny that...

That being said... There are a few people who have proven to be legit seller but you should always beware before handing cash over as a Friend/Family gift.

Ryan, Suzy, Francis and Eos are the only people I would hand cash over to.

drogonlord23

Sorceror
I think the way paypal works is you cannot dispute any online service like trading gold, leveling etc. I'm not sure if it makes a difference if you use friends or family or business except the fee for them. Under the buyer protection:
Items Not Covered
Intangible items like digital goods or services, real estate, motorized vehicles (of any kind), custom made items – we may cover you in the event that a custom made item is not received – travel tickets, industrial machinery (for manufacturing), prepaid cards, or items that violate our policies or eBay’s policies, anything you buy in person, or money transfers to friends or family. You must open any dispute within 180 days or you will not be covered.
Maybe i read it wrong but thats my take on it! So using family or the other if you try this i would use extreme caution because its not longer pixels your being scammed out of T_T
I am sorry to hear this happen to you!

We could shame this guy to death or you could just re write the rules on cash transactions as a delete able offense if they scam
they rewrote the rules the first time so they didn't have any obligations to get involved in all of these sticky situations that arise in these proceedings.

it sucks the dude got scammed, but ultimately it's a risk that was heavily noted in the rule list. Staff shouldn't have to to turn into some sort of money fraud team.

Cossi

Traveler
The same happened to me with him

BUT

I made instantly a protest through the paypal system of notifications, and i had the money back in about 5 hours, also If it was sended as a friend/family transaction.

How has this guy scammed the server an be known to scam players and still not be ip banned seems like hes nothing but a hindrance to the server trying to scam the server anyone else he can

White Lotus

Sorceror
Yea when buying gold it is best to consult with other players to find legit sellers as well as buyers. Normally seller ask it to be sent as a gift to avoid being scammed via charge back themselves. Best bet is to use someone such as myself or wedge or any other vet who is well known and has done transactions with many people.

That being said tell me his character names ill gather the crew to kill him several times for you. Also Ryan you should go snatch his gold out of his bank. If he has no gold to try to show to scam with, who cares if he changes his IP, whats he gonna sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.