UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why Won't (rp) Guilds Stay Active on UOG?

Re: Why Won't (rp) Guilds Stay Active on UOG?

This is my 2 cents:

There needs to be a guild meeting with the top sponsored RP Guilds. The Guildmaster of each guild decide on a new rule set for RP, to be honest the rule set now sucks. The rules need to be srict. If someone thinks a rule shouldn't be passed, it shouldn't until everyone is OK with it. This is one probem. The other main reasons RP is dying is griefers (People getting mad and quitting), equipment (People with most gold always do best), and unorganization

The people with the best stuff will always come out on top in a war. To fix this I say we restrict armor to player crafted or normal and if you want, weapons as well. When someone breaks one of the rules I want to see them punished some way, not just "Don't do that again." I don't get on much anymore, but it is rare to see many people on in any RP guild.

GM given islands or trammy lands are not the way to solve this problem, it just makes it worse.

Just my 2 cents, now you can complain about what I've said.

PraWN

Wanderer

Elendili! said:
who said i was? only you of course
It's a figure of speech you asshat... You made a comment as though you should own the rights to roleplaying on Hybrid or something... I was merely stating the simple fact that you're a moron.

Elendili!

Knight

PraWN said:
It's a figure of speech you asshat... You made a comment as though you should own the rights to roleplaying on Hybrid or something... I was merely stating the simple fact that you're a moron.

really, then what are you doing or unrequited? you need to calm down some, if you dont see how pathetic it is for guilds to operate only cause of gm help then mabey you are the moron?

Watabou

Knight

Nale said:
This is my 2 cents:

There needs to be a guild meeting with the top sponsored RP Guilds. The Guildmaster of each guild decide on a new rule set for RP, to be honest the rule set now sucks. The rules need to be srict. If someone thinks a rule shouldn't be passed, it shouldn't until everyone is OK with it. This is one probem. The other main reasons RP is dying is griefers (People getting mad and quitting), equipment (People with most gold always do best), and unorganization

The people with the best stuff will always come out on top in a war. To fix this I say we restrict armor to player crafted or normal and if you want, weapons as well. When someone breaks one of the rules I want to see them punished some way, not just "Don't do that again." I don't get on much anymore, but it is rare to see many people on in any RP guild.

GM given islands or trammy lands are not the way to solve this problem, it just makes it worse.

Just my 2 cents, now you can complain about what I've said.

A meeting about this sort of thing happened a while ago. I know that the Bloodclan Orcs for one, are very strict.

I agree that there's no need to create a new zone for every RP guild ever, although it's a nice addition if they can prove they'll be around for a long time and won't just be a small group (Bloodclan Orcs got the Kleering, Savages got the house with chests in the fort, lots of other guilds share Tenebrae, etc).

Merberol

Wanderer

how do you start a sposored guild .. how do you get an existing guild to be sponsored . ?

Elendili! said:
really, then what are you doing or unrequited? you need to calm down some, if you dont see how pathetic it is for guilds to operate only cause of gm help then mabey you are the moron?

I am trying to simply help build the role playing community. Currently I am working on uniting ToF and RcB. If you really have a problem with me use the pm button.

Elendili!

Knight

unrequited love said:
I am trying to simply help build the role playing community. Currently I am working on uniting ToF and RcB. If you really have a problem with me use the pm button.

yeah, and im trying to help to, so shouldnt you be flamed to?

(just making a point, prawn is an asshole)

selo

Wanderer

The ONLY way forward is for guilds to stop fucking around with each other and warring and pvping with fancy words, and their dumb ass GM's, me included, think up quests to run and run them. Give people a reason to log on.

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

While I haven't really branched into roleplaying on gamers (it's not to my liking currently) I spent nearly all of my time roleplaying back on Europa in the CoY/erpa group, they had a strong leadership (outside of game) where by the guildmasters controled the rules and which guilds where allowed in and likewise kept tabs on anyone breaking the rules and actually dealt with them.

They also created all of the quests/storylines themselves, and not always in cahoots, ie you rarely had the leader of the Rogues telling the leader of the GRD "HEY, WE R ATTACKING YOUR D00DS AT 7PM BE THERE RAIDRAIDRAIDL OL L8R M8" on AIM, you had the rogues organise a raid and spring it, the grd collected taxes, dungeon crawled, enforced the law.

No one knew who they were talking to in game until they introduced themselves (a little imagination is what 90% of roleplayers here seem to lack) so say someone came by in an unknown outfit (save orcs, you always know an orcs an orc) you wouldn't instantly say "hi Jim, how r you?" a stranger was just that, so you talked, and just small things like this made the whole roleplaying situation more enjoyable.

If 4 rogues accosted you in the woods and let you know they were taking you hostage for a ransom you damn well went, you didn't run away because UO has no way of forcing you to do it.

Now I am not saying every rp guild and member here lacks the imagination or love for RPing to do it creatively and enjoy it, but there seems to be a lack of understanding what made real roleplaying institutions great on the old OSI servers.

From the small things like magic armour/weapon rules, to horse and looting guidelines and so many other points, it really wasn't much to take in and made everything a lot more fun, for example a Knight of the highest rank in a guild had obvious ingame advantages over his lessers, making it easier for him to be a feared and respected character, everyone wearing the same top gear because they can afford it just seems a little wangtastical in my opinion.

I'm not trying to change anything or bust in on the scene talking smack on you, I know there are a lot of great roleplayers out there that I have had good times with on some of my lesser known characters but the overall scene is lacking and clear structure and that leads to most guilds and individuals thinking they need, and therefore seeking GM approval/assitance just to roleplay.

Much love guys.

Merberol

Wanderer

wanka youve got a point . a very good point .. i only hope the rest of the rprs here see that too ..

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

I apologise for any spelling or gramatical errors in my posts as it's nearly 6am and I have been "unwell" for a few days, but I also realise I haven't been around and actively involved in the UOGamers roleplaying scene enough to understand the whole dynamic so there may well be flaws in any ideas I would have for helping the roleplaying community grow, but I hope to come back tomorrow (well today) after work and see more of this discussion.

selo

Wanderer

Mate I totally agree. Once guilds work out some quests and story lines, roleplay will be proper roleplay.

Merberol

Wanderer

mm but dont forgett we need spontanious aktivities aswell ..

like lets go raid dem towns folk .. and things like that .. dont over do the planning

PraWN

Wanderer

Elendili! said:
I highly doubt that, if GMs suddenly decided to wipe all the roleplaying things from the shard and never give us any help again, that the whole roleplaying community would crumble and die... We are probably more than capable of operating without the help of GMs, it just makes it that much sweeter that we have our own town and such

As for you're other post... No comment... I also apologise for calling you a moron, I was tired and raged :(

ResNulis

Sorceror

Oh flamers let us get back to topic. This is a serious discussion that is about to get ruined by two guys... fight it out in PMs or on AIM.. just not in a decently informational/positive thread.

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

I guess I can see what is wrong with some of the roleplaying community, when a decent thread that people are trying to use to brainstorm and offer suggestions to improve the quality and quantity of roleplayers on UOG is on the brink of being ruined by the type of talk that makes the "pvp" forums a laughing stock, maturity, keep your problems personal no one else wants to hear about them, not that I have a problem with anyone in this thread but come on, reasonable mature discussion isn't that hard even with people you dislike. :/

PraWN

Wanderer

I have apologised once and I'll do it again... I'm sorry :(