UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why Won't (rp) Guilds Stay Active on UOG?

PraWN

Wanderer
Re: Why Won't (rp) Guilds Stay Active on UOG?

Elendili! said:
an other good reason is everyone makes their own guild, thus thinning active guilds
This guy wins! ;p

We should all concentrate on the current active guilds rather than constantly making new ones... For now at least :)

ResNulis

Sorceror

Tay I can't tell if this thread is now a recruitment thread or a idea thread anymore. You did have several great points however. Consolidation sounds good and I would like to see it as well but the issue is the people who are on top of the guilds probably wouldn't like to lose their seat of power by having to join another guild. As well where do vampires fit into the Orcs or savages? Good guilds tend to be able to merge because ultimately most are human characters. The orcs certainly have a problem with the vampires. The vampires probably wouldn't lower themselves to hang out with savages or orcs in the end.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

ResNulis said:
Tay I can't tell if this thread is now a recruitment thread or a idea thread anymore. You did have several great points however. Consolidation sounds good and I would like to see it as well but the issue is the people who are on top of the guilds probably wouldn't like to lose their seat of power by having to join another guild. As well where do vampires fit into the Orcs or savages? Good guilds tend to be able to merge because ultimately most are human characters. The orcs certainly have a problem with the vampires. The vampires probably wouldn't lower themselves to hang out with savages or orcs in the end.

This is still an idea thread...but in the context of wanting to create a RP environment I wanted to extend the seriousness of what The Eastland Coalition is and extend the invitation to anyone who would be interested in serious plotlines and stories...but back to topic.

Consolidation is not the full out answer becuase you limit the involvement of one of the basis of RP which is diversity and you'll end up with a Factions or O/C type of environment. If some people are worried about losing their seats of power with these guilds, they shouldn't be guildleaders in the first place as it is your duty to create the best possible play environment for your friends/guildmates. Creating multiple guilds (thought it should be limited) allows for diversity and an opportunity for players to join something that they are not able to pronounce during character creation....such as an Orc, Vampire, Savage, etc...

One of the main issues however is the number of 'like' guilds. For example, how many guilds support the Monarchy and pronounce themselves as some form of knights for virtue or something of the like? These are the guilds that should consolidate and create a more involved and open infrasture. Having multiple clans of Orcs or Savages is cool becuase they are like tribes and of course tribal warfare is common for the arena. But there doesn't need to be 100 different virtue guilds who's only purpose is to defend a town or something. I amn develop something more, engage your audience (that is what the base of The Eastland Coalition is, there is alot more to the guild but that information is only available to ally/enemy guild leaders and our own members...hence the deep plotlines).

The points you make regarding the relations between Vamps, Orcs and Savages is great...they should feel that way..it's RP..Vamps think themselves royalty and above everyone...Orcs are natural predators and hunters while savages are aggressive tribe folks.

I apologize if it seemed I had hijacked your thread...that wasn't my intent.

PraWN

Wanderer

TayM'real said:
This is still an idea thread...but in the context of wanting to create a RP environment I wanted to extend the seriousness of what The Eastland Coalition is and extend the invitation to anyone who would be interested in serious plotlines and stories...but back to topic.

Consolidation is not the full out answer becuase you limit the involvement of one of the basis of RP which is diversity and you'll end up with a Factions or O/C type of environment. If some people are worried about losing their seats of power with these guilds, they shouldn't be guildleaders in the first place as it is your duty to create the best possible play environment for your friends/guildmates. Creating multiple guilds (thought it should be limited) allows for diversity and an opportunity for players to join something that they are not able to pronounce during character creation....such as an Orc, Vampire, Savage, etc...

One of the main issues however is the number of 'like' guilds. For example, how many guilds support the Monarchy and pronounce themselves as some form of knights for virtue or something of the like? These are the guilds that should consolidate and create a more involved and open infrasture. Having multiple clans of Orcs or Savages is cool becuase they are like tribes and of course tribal warfare is common for the arena. But there doesn't need to be 100 different virtue guilds who's only purpose is to defend a town or something. I amn develop something more, engage your audience (that is what the base of The Eastland Coalition is, there is alot more to the guild but that information is only available to ally/enemy guild leaders and our own members...hence the deep plotlines).

The points you make regarding the relations between Vamps, Orcs and Savages is great...they should feel that way..it's RP..Vamps think themselves royalty and above everyone...Orcs are natural predators and hunters while savages are aggressive tribe folks.

I apologize if it seemed I had hijacked your thread...that wasn't my intent.
I've changed my mind... This guy wins!

To summarise for you lazy people... Guilds of the same class should consolidate, whereas guilds with a different class shouldn't consolidate :)

Merberol

Wanderer

yezz ... yezz,,, we have heardzz that nowzzzz ... those whozz not understadzzz nowzzz muzztzz be tupidzz ...

the true question is .. are you good guilds willing to reliquish power and conform with what seems to be the general opinion ... one STRONG ( read really really strong ) good rp guild is better that two or three medium strong guilds ...

Bacon

Wanderer

I tend to disagree at this time, perhaps at a later stage when there is more evil active members, from what i have seen ToF have had our day's of domination, now the guild has lost a few members to RcB and we are warring each other as the other guilds do not tend to be active. Although it is a nice image that i have when thinking of not all pvp but actually going on quest's for items or tasks it is just a common attitude of most i have seen (including myself) that war between the guilds is fun as it gives us controlled pvp.

Now if we joined the good guilds and re-united ToF to be the dominating guild once again there would be no one to hold a real challenge against us thus people would grow bored after the first few tasks such as slaying an ancient wyrm (as we have done before).

Feel free to argue with what i have said as long as your points make sence, i dont mind being proved wrong.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

PraWN said:
To summarise for you lazy people... Guilds of the same class should consolidate, whereas guilds with a different class shouldn't consolidate :)

I couldn't of said that better myself *smiles*

Bacon-

In response to what you said regarding ToF and RcB. I am going to use this as purely an example..members of both guilds, please do not be offended or think that I am trying to tell you how to run your guilds..this is purely a scenario.

They each represent a common basis...a loyalty to the Monarchy (rule of Lord British) and each uphold the virtues. Each reside in Tenebrae and defend it as their own home.

See the commonalities? This would be an example of a good consolidation of guilds. What you could see (again strictly an example). Is the joining of two common orders for the strength of the better good. The Templars of Fire - per the defination of a Templar order, that represents a knighthood devoted to a common cause with an undying affection for that cause. That cause becomes their lifeblood and their muse, their inspiration and their desire. RcB is a collective group of citizens supportive of the crown and it's rule. If you joined these orders, you could have your standards of the RcB representative of the governmental representatives of the guild with the standard militia in charge of the defense of Tenebrae and the standard citizens consisting of craftsmen etc. The ToF then becomes the holy order, a path that an RcB member could pursue as they make a devotion to the cause and enter their ranks as a student. Similar to person who has changed their roles in life to join a clergy.

This is just one scenario of how infrasture can be developed to create a more robust guild that gives followers an opportunity for growth and change and alternate paths with which to follow in one guild. The longer a person stays with a guild and develops friendships, the more involved that person becomes and that just adds the overall enjoyment of everyone. A guild of 5 people is just as good as a guild of 50. It's entirely dependant on your leadership, shared vision and the support of allying/enemy guilds.

A RP community is very much a team and it's important for all alignments to work together for the common good. Forget GM/Admin support...let that come...learn to rely and trust on eachother to make things happen..becuase former players make the best GMs.

Merberol

Wanderer

Tay well said ..

bacon -

well what could you two "good" guilds to exept war eachother .. well we have a problem with non rp pks... thos you can hunt when they come to our isle .. the vikings are making trubble ... see .. lots of things to do .

I think the problem is everyone wants to be in charge. Not directing anything at you Tay but your an exact example of what is happening in the role playing community. Someone creates a new rp guild, they offer members of other ones higher ranks in theirs. So members leave old guilds. Then guilds become inactive with less members. This cycle just keeps repeating.

People need to stick loyal to the big 4 role playing guilds of ToF, RcB, CsC, and Orc. I learned my lesson and disbanded the Clerics. While all these new guild ideas sounds great they are actually hurting the population of the rp community.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

unrequited love said:
I think the problem is everyone wants to be in charge. Not directing anything at you Tay but your an exact example of what is happening in the role playing community. Someone creates a new rp guild, they offer members of other ones higher ranks in theirs. So members leave old guilds. Then guilds become inactive with less members. This cycle just keeps repeating.

People need to stick loyal to the big 4 role playing guilds of ToF, RcB, CsC, and Orc. I learned my lesson and disbanded the Clerics. While all these new guild ideas sounds great they are actually hurting the population of the rp community.

No offense taken...but who said anything about wanting to be in charge?

If you limit your RP community to one of 4 guilds, you're just Factions with some GM assistance. You limit the direction of how far and with what path players can choose to go. The issue of RP doesn't come down to people disbanding and joining other guilds for rank etc..it's that players become bored with the same elements of their gametime when they login. They login, see the same players...fight the same battles...deal with griefers and PKs and it's the same thing everytime they login. So this of course leads to additional guilds and the promotion of their own in the hopes of having something new and different.

TayM'real said:
No offense taken...but who said anything about wanting to be in charge?

If you limit your RP community to one of 4 guilds, you're just Factions with some GM assistance. You limit the direction of how far and with what path players can choose to go. The issue of RP doesn't come down to people disbanding and joining other guilds for rank etc..it's that players become bored with the same elements of their gametime when they login. They login, see the same players...fight the same battles...deal with griefers and PKs and it's the same thing everytime they login. So this of course leads to additional guilds and the promotion of their own in the hopes of having something new and different.

My point is there are 4 main rp guilds. If we cannot keep those active then how do you expect ever new guild to stay active. The 4 main guilds need to constantly be actie so new guilds can grow along side them.

Well, If the good guilds consolidated, it would offer for the one strong guild to branch of into divisions. One division stands watch in one location, but can be called in for assistace ect... Also, A NAVAL DIVISION! If good guilds started a naval division, it would offer the pirates someone to fight, and then mabey the pirates could consolidate. Right now, they have no one to fight but themselves, and the occasional fisherman. Ok, thats all i have to say for now.

Lets be honest, neither leader of RcB or ToF will step down to be under another and neither would be willing to drop their guild. To be honest I would like to see the guilds merge under a new name and new location. Maybe ToF and Rcb each get 3 representatives on the council and these representatives all have access to a dummy guildmaster account for recruitment purposes. This is the only idea I see that would work.

Also for a guild this size I would hope staff could supply them with an Island Castle and scratch Tenebrae. Give the consolidated good guild an island with a castle/keep and a small town in front with a stable/banker/blacksmithy and move the tavern there. Redirect the sparkles here and you would actually have an active rp town.

Elendili!

Knight

cant you people do anything without gm help, its sooo pathetic that you need your own island to rp (mostly just pvp with funny words)

PraWN

Wanderer

Elendili! said:
cant you people do anything without gm help, its sooo pathetic that you need your own island to rp (mostly just pvp with funny words)
Who died and put you in charge? :(

PraWN said:
Who died and put you in charge? :(
He thinks he is important. Anyway I have terms and an idea in which ToF would be willing to merge with RcB. I am just waiting on misti aka A Very Black Man to get on. I will explain later but if everthing works out we can solve alot of problem with the current rp situation.