UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why Won't (rp) Guilds Stay Active on UOG?

ResNulis

Sorceror
Why Won't (rp) Guilds Stay Active on UOG?

I remember the Orcs on IPY always being active. The Undead were always active. I was shortly in a drow guild that even had about six members on at a time. The last RP guild I was in on Abyss Reborn I don't even remember the title but we always had at least 10 on. Is there some reason Rp guilds are destined to fail on UOG? I mean the savages and orcs have over a hundred on their respective stones but rarely have more than ten on... combined. I was in RcB until lately when boredom set in and I felt I needed to try something new out. Is there a singular reason? Does anyone feel like offering an idea or their thoughts on it? Somehow, someway we need to strengthen the RP guilds because on this shard it is RPers versus the world... when there are 20 roleplayers on there are nine hundred people who want to kill us. Perhaps consolidation of some of the guilds or ... I just don't know. We need to do something though or roleplaying will die out as many of the roleplaying guilds have. Those that haven't are just shells of their past entity or a beast in its last pains of death. Any ideas would be appreciated.

:( :tissue: :feedback:

Merberol

Wanderer
Re: Why Won't (rp) Guilds Stay Active on UOG?

i am new to hybrid but ive been playing on demise for a while ..

the main problem with rp guilds vs the real world is that good aligned rprs have both evil aligned rprs to fight aswell as the rest of the world thus making it less apealing to play "good" and when the good guilds die out the evil have none to play with , thus dies the rp komunity ..

when you get an imbalance between the good and the evil it is eacy to loose intrerest .. when you know your either going to get whaked by pirates vikings or your run o the mill pk .. why try ....

to bring more rp guilds we need a strong and firm and aktive militia guild that dont war the other good aligned guilds .. and that has enuff members to fend off any invasion...

atleast as far as i know .. what do the rest of you think

Elendili!

Knight

an other good reason is everyone makes their own guild, thus thinning active guilds

ResNulis

Sorceror

Exactly why I said to consolidate the guilds somehow. Ele, I agree with you this one time. We can't make that a habit. *bump(as well)*

MoxMcPox

Wanderer

Because only about 200 people have rpers, and all of those 200 have atleast 4 chars in different rp guilds. This means that none of them ever get on at the same time on the same guild.

Merberol

Wanderer

also a part of the problem .. if you could only have one charakter in a rp guild and that being your main charakter that would solve alot of problems

Elendili!

Knight

well thats how the first rp community died, everyone had their own guild so nobody was on

"if you could only have one charakter in a rp guild and that being your main charakter that would solve alot of problems"

thats a pretty bad idea actaully

selo

Wanderer

It is because Rp guilds on this shard hardly RP at all. RP involves politics, treason, quests, adventures, story lines and the like, but here it is PVP with fancy words. Currently I am working on several quests and story lines for my guild but its hard to come up with new material constantly.

Merberol

Wanderer

lol . * smiles* well i am all for intrigue and politiks .. the only sad thing i have yet to find myself a guild to my liking ,,

PraWN

Wanderer

There's always at least two or three RcB members on when I am... Yes we'd all like to see that number to be at least twenty or thirty, but on Hybrid it just ain't going to happen :(

I agree with consolidating the guilds though... Off the top of my head I can name RcB, ToF, Blackrock Orcs, Bloodclan Orcs, Savages, Vikings and AAR... Maybe consolidate all the other roleplaying guilds into one of these guilds? But I just know that isn't gong to happen either :(

What's the differene between the two Orc guilds by the way?

PraWN said:
What's the differene between the two Orc guilds by the way?

From what i can tell Blackrock have Bloodclan forks in it which in end does not go well with Bloodclan.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

One thing to be wary of when coming to a freeshard is that you're not governed by a TOS agreement that would stipulate the kind of language and overall attitude that you could approach the shard with.

Take in consideration the number of griefers that you find here on UOG. During OSI's control of UO, you had griefers but in the grand scheme of things, the total number of RP'rs exceeded them becuase people didn't come to UO becuase they wanted to be an ass, they came to play an interactive game and to RP. Most people ran around with semi-roleplayish names and names that weren't offensive. Here on UOG, you see practicatly everyone with some form of sexual or racial basis to their name and that takes away from the beauty of what Ultima Online really was. Becuase we are on a freeshard, of course we don't have to pay and can have upto 3 different accounts totaling 15 players chars. That's alot of templates and with skill gain the way it is, most folks are able to easily create mules and maintain their own stockpiles of weapons and armor thus resulting in less player interaction (no need to seek out a smith for repairs) and less of an overall interactive community...

Take in consideration the above and how it affects the RP community. You have an overall large amount of players who's interest is turning a RPG into an FPS and are more actively involved in Factions, O/C, Guild Wars and overall PvP. The interest and the time isn't there to be interactive with a RP community and get into stories and creating plotlines etc. Less interested plahyers make for smaller guilds and the eventual decay in the natural excitement when a new RP guild starts.

It takes strong guild leadership to keep a guild active. We all have lives, some of us have families and careers of our own. That's why it's important to have a full line of guild leadership that can command the troops when the guild leader is absent. When you have well structured and active guild members, it's easy to maintain constant storylines and get away from the PvP all the time mentality.

If you're interested in RP, I would welcome you to the following forums:
http://ecoalitionuo.proboards49.com/

It's still in the works, but we're steadily getting closer to the point of recruiting people who really want to RP and not fool around with PvP all the time. The basis for The Eastland Coalition is political and virtuous influence throughout Britannia with much much more under the seams.

Also, you can PM me if you're interested and I can give additional information...this invitation is open to anyone serious about RP. I have been a UO player for several years and was a big RP'r on Atlantic during my OSI days with guilds that stretched both Facets, through what was called the Territorial War Project (very exciting) and major plotlines that were GM supported and ended in special 1 of a kind rarities when they were neat to show and wasn't for pixel crack bank sitting.

I am a serious RP and would invite anyone of RP maturity and interest to pursue The Eastland Coalition.

Merberol

Wanderer

TayM'real said:
but we're steadily getting closer to the point of recruiting people who really want to RP and not fool around with PvP all the time.

define what you mean by this exaktlly .. pending on how you define this quote i am or am not intrested ..

Tay M'real

Sorceror

Merberol said:
define what you mean by this exaktlly .. pending on how you define this quote i am or am not intrested ..

Hi Merberol-

Thank you for your interest in The Coalition.

The Eastland Coalition was started shortly after the dissapearance of Lord British (chronicled in Ultima V) in Vesper by San'Ral Vatursan an idealistic youth and aspiring bard. After British's departure, the ways of the Virtues became an afterthought as the world was faced with the rule of Lord Blackthorn and it's induction of the 8 Laws. This too led to the mysterious appearance of The Shadowlords which have wreaked havoc upon the township.

Seeing the virtues decaying, San'Ral spread the word and began to rally the support of the Vesper citizenry through his charismatic speech. His ways would also lead to his demise. As he gained the favor of many of the township, so too did his desireability with the wife of the mayor. During the annual Mayoral Township Meetings in Britain, San sought the company of the woman and was discovered by the mayor whom returned early. It was through mercy and pleading woman that San's life was spared and he was banished from the town and told never to return.

But the roots of the Coalition was allready established as during his tenure San met a young soldier of the Monarchy...myself Tay M'real. San and I quickly became friends and learned to trust eachother greatly. After he formed The Coalition I was asked to lead as First Knight and Field Marshall. First Knight as THE right hand of the Highlord and Field Marshall as the head of the military arm.

As San spent his time travelling through Britannia's islands, I stayed on the mainland to spread the word of The Coalition and have gained considerable support through many of the towns. Now, after spending a number of years roaming the world, San has returned to the mainland and to his rightful role as Highlord of The Eastland Coalition.

His goal, to gain political influence throughout the world by spreading the word of the Virtues.

So as you can see, we are a politically motivated guild and wish simply to gather all peoples...from warriors to craftsmen to join our ranks and support our cause as we gain voice in the Monarchy and in the Mayoral Township.

Because we are politically motivated, it leads to a limitless number of possibilities for plotlines and advancement for individuals so no one can ever be 'stuck' within our guild. Show the desire to be a leader and you will be rewarded.

We do not rely on GM's to create stories...I perfer to do it myself and with the help of other players. Then the GM's will support and we can get special things created etc. The goal is to be reliant on eachother as players and not on GM/Admin support.

The Eastland Coalition is for RP'rs and RP'rs only. PvP is second to encriched gameplay, player relationships and overall UO RPG enjoyment. UO is a game and should be done for fun...this is an escape and an opportunity to be a mage or an archer or whatever it was you wanted to be in your dreams...so have fun with it and take advantage of others that are willing to enhance your gameplay...

Sorry for the speal at the end...

Merberol

Wanderer

i am currently training a mage for roleplaying purposes .. and am intrested in this idea of yours ,,

Tay M'real

Sorceror

Merberol said:
i am currently training a mage for roleplaying purposes .. and am intrested in this idea of yours ,,

Terrific-

Please check out our forums and fill out an App...it's just a bit of info about who you are and where you came from character wise. You can also gain additional knowledge about The Coalition.

http://ecoalitionuo.proboards49.com/

to be honest I was guilty of starting a seperate rp guild. At the time rp was growing very quickly and it made sense to get more guilds involved to spread out tenebrae beyond the TOF temple. I soon realized that a guild of 4 people doesn't achieve that purpose.

What role playing needs is more open recruitment. Alot of guilds don't do this and really try to close themselves off from the rest of the uog community. New players that havent played uo until gamers need to be taught rp and not excluded from it. It isn't hard to teach a young player.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

unrequited love said:
to be honest I was guilty of starting a seperate rp guild. At the time rp was growing very quickly and it made sense to get more guilds involved to spread out tenebrae beyond the TOF temple. I soon realized that a guild of 4 people doesn't achieve that purpose.

What role playing needs is more open recruitment. Alot of guilds don't do this and really try to close themselves off from the rest of the uog community. New players that havent played uo until gamers need to be taught rp and not excluded from it. It isn't hard to teach a young player.

The Eastland Coalition welcomes anyone who is interested in serious RP..whether you are new or not matters nothing..we are open to anyone.

But I agree...with it being a freeshard, it's difficult to befriend folks and allow them to enter your guild where there is so much freedom to do stuff and stab people in the back....