UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why Won't (rp) Guilds Stay Active on UOG?

Merberol

Wanderer
Re: Why Won't (rp) Guilds Stay Active on UOG?

so shall we get back to brainstorming ,,

what can we do to make roleplaying better ...

i would sugest finding a plase easier to move about or maybe hijacking a static town and claim as ours .. we have help from gm´s with the rpg forum .. maybe have a meeting with them to find out what they can and can not do and what they would want in return from us roleplayers ..

not that we "need" gm intervention to rp .. but if they are willing to give further help i say we take the help ..

i feal the consolidation might be a good idea ... we need only one militia of tenebrae .. i would like to see more opportunities for political roleplaying ..

if we constitute our own kingdom .. with its own noble houses that intruige and compete for political power .. like our own mini rp faktions ... rp is more than a sertain way of speaking and dress kodes .. it is also intruige ..

gha .. i dont have al the words for what i wanto describe ..

i hope you guys get the picture ..

Merberol

Wanderer

well .. we dont "need" it .. its youst wishfull thinking ,, but you musst agree that it would be good for the rp komunity to have it .. or if you think big a whole map designated for rp only .. but that i dont think will happend .. but on any shard this is where it is most likly to happen of all the UOG shards out there

btw .. do you mighty gods of the sosarian sky line peek in at this forum from time to time ( yes its the gm´s im talking about )

The orcs on ipy werent always active, they would have their high and low points. Towards the end of ipy, the orcs were not active at all. In the simplest terms, the rp guilds on uog dont stay active, because they dont rp.

They get a village, a bunch of extras to help further rp... but its wasted on them becuase they arent real rpers. People stopped coming to the village because they werent getting an rp experiance, they were just gettin pk'd and you can do that anywhere.

So when the people stopped coming to the village, the pseudo rpers stopped playing their rp characters and stuck to their normal characters. And the sparkle tele's in town are just a desperate attempt to get people (mostly noobs who dont know what they are) to forcibly come to the deserted rp area of uog.

A few of you got your feathers ruffled on the last (loosley) rp related thread I posted on, tuff. It was the truth, my aim isnt to fight with you or have some rediculous forum war with you. Just take the constructive critisizm.

I for one would LOVE some real RP here, and I really do hope someone can get something together, that is worthy of being called rp. ALOT of people arent happy with what passes for RP on this shard... and that is the whole reason the villages are all empty. Basically the way it is now, its just a waste of good real estate.

Tay: What your doing lookin interesting, I hope your as strict about rp as you say you are (because everyone else whos made that claim isnt strict at all). If you are really that strict, then your attemp should work out good. And I look forward to seeing what you have to offer.

Until next time kiddies,
Love, The Gasm

selo

Wanderer

Orgasmatron said:
The orcs on ipy werent always active, they would have their high and low points. Towards the end of ipy, the orcs were not active at all. In the simplest terms, the rp guilds on uog dont stay active, because they dont rp.

They get a village, a bunch of extras to help further rp... but its wasted on them becuase they arent real rpers. People stopped coming to the village because they werent getting an rp experiance, they were just gettin pk'd and you can do that anywhere.

So when the people stopped coming to the village, the pseudo rpers stopped playing their rp characters and stuck to their normal characters. And the sparkle tele's in town are just a desperate attempt to get people (mostly noobs who dont know what they are) to forcibly come to the deserted rp area of uog.

A few of you got your feathers ruffled on the last (loosley) rp related thread I posted on, tuff. It was the truth, my aim isnt to fight with you or have some rediculous forum war with you. Just take the constructive critisizm.

I for one would LOVE some real RP here, and I really do hope someone can get something together, that is worthy of being called rp. ALOT of people arent happy with what passes for RP on this shard... and that is the whole reason the villages are all empty. Basically the way it is now, its just a waste of good real estate.

Tay: What your doing lookin interesting, I hope your as strict about rp as you say you are (because everyone else whos made that claim isnt strict at all). If you are really that strict, then your attemp should work out good. And I look forward to seeing what you have to offer.

Until next time kiddies,
Love, The Gasm

I agree with everything you say but I must defend alot of the roleplayers out there. You are discrediting many roleplayers which in my mind are brilliant. Sure this is a small bunch of them, but they bust their ass off to keep this RP community alive.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

A black man (fast & big) said:
I agree with everything you say but I must defend alot of the roleplayers out there. You are discrediting many roleplayers which in my mind are brilliant. Sure this is a small bunch of them, but they bust their ass off to keep this RP community alive.

I agree...I think the potential is there...the leadership has the ideas but they need to be more forthcoming in their efforts and ideas. Their needs to be consistent meetings between leaders to coordinate and build relationships so that when one guild takes a quick action without planning, the others can read them and go along...it will help to build a stronger relationship between all alignments.

Again, I appreciate the efforts you have been making lately ABM..the others need to follow suit.

PraWN

Wanderer

Agreed... I've seen some good and bad roleplaying on this shard, but I've seen more good than I have bad so far in my opinion... You can't expect everyone to be perfect, I'm sure as hell ain't but I try my best to be as strict as possible

Oh and as for the reason why Tenebrae and roleplaying guilds seem to die is not because people can't roleplay, it's because we get constantly griefed by PKs so they just give up and leave... Or at least in my opinion anyway

Merberol

Wanderer

so shall we call forth an ooc meating at the inn in tenebrae to diskuss things ,, what would we need to diskuss if we do meet in such a fasion ..

and shuld it be guild leaders only or any one who wishest to attend

PraWN

Wanderer

IRC would be much better... I suggest we set up an IRC channel that is moderated meaning anyone who doesn't have voice won't be able to talk, this will allow people to put across their ideas without somone interrupting half way through... I know there was one a few weeks ago, but I missed it :(

TheBorrower

Sorceror

Let me ask you all this:

What's the point in PVPing and not being allowed to chat OOC with friends in a convenient manner if you can just PvP regularly and not worry about it?

That's why RP guilds fail. They're nothing but PvP guilds with a theme. There's no personal/political intrigue or anything to get involved in aside from killing eachother. This Shard's roleplay mentality is heavily distorted and is not productive. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying.

-The Borrower

ResNulis

Sorceror

You are right to an extent. We don't do a heck of a lot due to inactivity. When we do something it is go and fight a little bit or raid each other... even then it is with great irregularity. A little hard to raids orcs with none on... little hard for orcs to raid RcB with no council members on. Can't attract anyone because we don't do much and we don't do much because we can't attract more people. Circular reasoning problem I know... but it is a lot of the problem.

PraWN

Wanderer

The Borrower said:
Let me ask you all this:

What's the point in PVPing and not being allowed to chat OOC with friends in a convenient manner if you can just PvP regularly and not worry about it?

That's why RP guilds fail. They're nothing but PvP guilds with a theme. There's no personal/political intrigue or anything to get involved in aside from killing eachother. This Shard's roleplay mentality is heavily distorted and is not productive. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying.

-The Borrower
Just because you see one or two people doing this does NOT mean we are all like this, I actually prefer sitting down and having a talk or debate with someone than going out and picking fights... So you're completely wrong

I'm fed up with people thinking this just because they see one or two people doing something wrong... We are not all the same!

Merberol

Wanderer

well .. lets se here ... pvp with a theme .. hmm well bad rp is pvp with a theme ..

where as rp with no pvp is youst as bad ..

i would love to see some intruige going on .. but for that we need some unity with in the roleplaing komunity ..

id love getting on with some roleplaying .. but as stated before there is alot of inaktivity ..

how ever that could be due to that i live basikally on the other side of the world from every one else ....

PraWN

Wanderer

I agree that PvP is, has and always will be a part of roleplaying... I also agree that The Borrower is right in his statement about some people within the community, but we are not all like that

Personally, the only thing I would really like to see change is more activity with more events and quests happening... And a little less emphasis on the PvP side of things, but as you say Merberol that can be quite difficult :(

Merberol

Wanderer

id like to see more ppl onlline .... if that happends we can role play more ..