UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

why do you consider yourself a top tear demise player?

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
What makes you a better player than the others, is if you can enjoy every little things in the game.

If you fight in fel and die, but had fun during your battle, you win!
If you have fun hunting in dungeons and picking up your loot, you win!

As a countepart tho,

If you fight in fel and die, and you rage quit. You lose.
If you fight in fel, and win, and shit talk the one who died to you. You lose.
If you hunt in dungeons, and gets pissed off at the crappy loot you get. You lose.

This obviously will only based on people opinions, but to me that's what winning this game is about, just have fun, enjoy, and have a good time, whether rich or poor, good at pvp or not, this matters not.

Americana

Sorceror
I'll tell you why I'm not. :)

In 2006-2008, I would've shamelessly put myself in the top 20 in skill and wealth. Heck, I got accused of breaking the economy haha. Some of you old farts may remember me as Argyle. I had some bad run ins with the staff, as did .e/.di, my guild, and a good many of us were banned, deservingly so.

Back then I played a ton, and being good at UO is NOT like riding a bike. You have to keep your reactions and strategy instinctual. Part of it was I REALLY cared about being a performing PVPer.

These days I simply don't play enough, nor do I take the game as serious. I really enjoy playing still, maybe more than I ever have, because I don't get frustrated as often as I once did.

Lately my guild has been busy or in some cases a bit bored...I miss playing with them. But I haven't ever been one to guild hop so I'm riding it out.

Playing solo makes the game a bit limiting because UO has grown to where certain activities really do take groups for things to stay fun or manageable.

Lastly, the biggest part of being "top tier" is two factors. Being great at whatever part of the game you focus on...and being a beneficial member of the community. You can be the best PVP'er on the earth, but if you're an asshole, you'll never be top tier because you're a detriment to the shards overall fun level.

Diz

Wanderer
Interesting thoughts, Americana.

This game has definitely shifted towards group dynamics at end game, that's for sure... unless you're a tamer or something built with solo meta efficiency in mind.

However, there are always going to be assholes in all games that are legit top tier PvPers; it's lonely at the top. But I will say this, those types of cats burn out quicker than the rest... I'd speculate that the torching of bridges along the way in pursuit of solely validating ego has a bit to do with that... the icing on the cake is when said player has justified themselves enough, true apathy seeps out and "dgaf" supreme mode sets in until the uninstall comes - chaotic neutral!

Last edited:

royal kapero2

Sorceror
You all got stucked in misery while i am on the top, killing people with two, sometimes only one special abilities.

PS: except Hz, because only chosen can become Hz, they are special and co-operate with me perfectly.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
what makes you so good and better than the rest? what other players are of the same higher eshelon?
Shits this is too easy...

#1 Cause am Frost
#2 Cause am Canadian
#3 Cause i exercise my freedom of speech
#4 Cause I believe in razor
#5 Cause i stopped caring but can't stop saying the word care in all my post.

but the most important one

I don't hide behind a second or third account to ask dumbass question.

I am the best all around player.. What makes someone the best? Someone that can play ALL styles of UO, AOS/Pre AOS, T2A and still destroy anyone aka me.. Also I pride myself on using no macros to pvp "besides double click mount to remount, and another to double click a bola but manually throw it" while these other "top players" use macros for every single action they do including using a moongate rofl.

Reactions: SCV