UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What would allow more people to PvP?

What would allow more people to PvP?

• Less insurance cost.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Moving the PvP away from moongates/houses.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Easier methods for obtaining gear.

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • New reasons for PvP.

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • PvP Sucks, Remove fel.

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters

Insomniac-

Sorceror
Re: What would allow more people to PvP?

Everyone who voted for:

- Moving the PvP away from moongates/houses.

Needs to show up tonight, 6pm EST at despise for the spawn. Ill be leading the party for the blues, and everyone is welcome to come. Be ready to fight and probably get owned but im sure it will be fun :)

If money is a problem PM me before hand i got some gold to cover your insurance.

Also, Working hard for gear is fine... but the only current way to get artis is being "lucky", not working for anything. A brand new char with a spellweaving book can spam furies in gauntlet and get a "chance" for artis, but thats neither working hard or a good way to award good items. What we need is to get ML and some other ML Publishes/Patches that allow Everyone to Get decent gear through a Variety of methods. Ofcourse this part is (hopefully) being worked on as much as possible by our busy devs. But also, players can do there own part to help the problem. New PvPers DO NOT want to(and wont) spend A YEAR getting gear to PvP. Im not saying hand them a full suit but help em out for sure, they are the future of the shard.

Please dont continue to post the "ideas to change the shard" these arent helping anything. If the staff wanted these ideas im sure they would ask. Demise is and always will be an "osi clone" and the RunUO core TC.

Thanks everyone for every post and vote so far. Keep it up :)

*****Spoiler*****
PvP school coming soon.
*****Spoiler*****

Insomniac-;402907 said:
Also, Working hard for gear is fine... but the only current way to get artis is being "lucky", not working for anything. A brand new char with a spellweaving book can spam furies in gauntlet and get a "chance" for artis, but thats neither working hard or a good way to award good items. What we need is to get ML and some other ML Publishes/Patches that allow Everyone to Get decent gear through a Variety of methods. Ofcourse this part is (hopefully) being worked on as much as possible by our busy devs. But also, players can do there own part to help the problem. New PvPers DO NOT want to(and wont) spend A YEAR getting gear to PvP. Im not saying hand them a full suit but help em out for sure, they are the future of the shard.

My best advice is to get a taylor, get some bods, and instead of doing them, sell them at first time, till you get massive money to get resources and legendary scroll of tailoring.

Then you can sell brsks and such.

Please dont continue to post the "ideas to change the shard" these arent helping anything. If the staff wanted these ideas im sure they would ask. Demise is and always will be an "osi clone" and the RunUO core TC.
One last time because 3 was not enough: Im not saying to change the shard, im saying that we should get some ideas for cool events
(EXAMPLE: FIND THE X SPOT ON FELLUCA BY FOLLOWING THE HINTS)
and send those ideas to the staff. I have some already, prolly none of them are new, but theyre rather interesting.

For everyone else who tries to say that im asking for shard changes: Events are slightly diferent than changing the server scripts.

If it sounded rude im sorry, im only getting a little pist with it already... (i know its been talked about my post, because no one else said anything about changing the shard)

Edit: if it wasnt meant to me, then ignore it.

personally i think that more ppl could try pvp after often tournaments, not only for advance pvpers, but also for new players without suit. They could than raise their skills with each other, without suits, and just have a fun.
When i havent got good pvp suit i tried champs, i tried to defence them, i tried duels with better players. I think ppl will more pvp when they will like it, hen they will see that everybody have a chance even without befored 50 hours spent in gaunt.
Also for advance players best way are tournaments or fighting like 10 vs 10 or something, these are best ways. I hate staying at brit gate waiting to get gank or giving gank. It sux. Hope my opinion will take anyone attention.
Jacek

Jacek.Kosiarz;402976 said:
personally i think that more ppl could try pvp after often tournaments, not only for advance pvpers, but also for new players without suit. They could than raise their skills with each other, without suits, and just have a fun.
When i havent got good pvp suit i tried champs, i tried to defence them, i tried duels with better players. I think ppl will more pvp when they will like it, hen they will see that everybody have a chance even without befored 50 hours spent in gaunt.
Also for advance players best way are tournaments or fighting like 10 vs 10 or something, these are best ways. I hate staying at brit gate waiting to get gank or giving gank. It sux. Hope my opinion will take anyone attention.
Jacek

In this case, pvp is field. (as it seems) So the tournaments are just the opposite of it...

Hmmmm Hows this. Naked PvP!!!!!

Your allowed to carry spell book and shield or weapon and shield or 2 handed weapon. In bag, you can have whatever regs, bandages, potions, etc.

And that's it!!!!

That would take half of the "haves vs have-nots" problem out of it. You'd still have the difference between those who had the millions to buy the 120 scrolls, those who settled for 115, and those below. But what you wouldnt have is the compounded issue of those with 9-figure suits vs those with 6 figure suits or less.

BAN CLOTHING IN FEL!!!!! :)

weinster666;402984 said:
Hmmmm Hows this. Naked PvP!!!!!

Your allowed to carry spell book and shield or weapon and shield or 2 handed weapon. In bag, you can have whatever regs, bandages, potions, etc.

And that's it!!!!

That would take half of the "haves vs have-nots" problem out of it. You'd still have the difference between those who had the millions to buy the 120 scrolls, those who settled for 115, and those below. But what you wouldnt have is the compounded issue of those with 9-figure suits vs those with 6 figure suits or less.

BAN CLOTHING IN FEL!!!!! :)

That actually is an tournament im going to throw later...

Supplies will be provided by me, so no one gets better stuff than other...

Onlt good thing will be ps =)

Btw: weapons and shields are not going to be SC ;)

(Good reminder of the pre-aos glory days)

And armor will be Spined, that way phys resists > magic resists, to mantain balance.

(the viewers can prepare to have good laughs when ppl start to fizzle them selves for not having 2/6)

EDIT: By later i mean not today.

Insomniac-

Sorceror

Im doing something similar, except its mages only and everyone will be 2/4 +naked but i dont have the funds to buy some 1/2 rings and braces and make a prize yet, but hopefully my luck will change soon and i get some riches ;P

Ok. First off, just something all Fel-newbies should keep in mind:

Everyone on this shard is a Trammelite at heart. Even the PvPers, even the PKs and especially all the "l33t" trash talkers. If they didn't love Trammel and insurance and "itemz" they would be on one of the Fel only RunUO shards, not here. Remember that and smile to yourself when you get insulted and told to "go back to Tram". :)

(and believe it or not, there are actually a lot of pretty decent guys out there who will not only not insult you, but will treat you with the same respect you show to them. Even if they do kill you in 3 seconds flat... ;))

...and talking of "3 seconds flat", here is an off-the-wall idea to help get more PvP going in Fel:

It would be really helpful for new PvPers if some of the 1vs1 and 2vs2 tourneys were organised with standard suits and weapons for all participants and NO fc, fcr or ssi allowed.

One of the biggest problems when you are starting is that everything happens too fast. You don't have time to learn much before you die.

Tourneys with no ssi on weapons and no faster casting would be much slower, giving both opponents time to think what they are doing and begin to plan and automate attacks and defences. It wouldn't matter if the balance wasn't perfect since these tourneys would be aimed at anyone who wants to improve their skills without worrying about who "wins".

Obviously, this would involve the collaboration of one or more of the GMs to actually organise these events - but I believe that the tourney system already has the code in place to "standardize" and restrict items, so if enough people thought it was a good idea they might be willing to try it...

Jm2c

FE

PS - thanks to AV and Weinster for putting the idea in my head.

Feersum Endjinn;403018 said:
Ok. First off, just something all Fel-newbies should keep in mind:

Everyone on this shard is a Trammelite at heart. Even the PvPers, even the PKs and especially all the "l33t" trash talkers. If they didn't love Trammel and insurance and "itemz" they would be on one of the Fel only RunUO shards, not here. Remember that and smile to yourself when you get insulted and told to "go back to Tram". :)

(and believe it or not, there are actually a lot of pretty decent guys out there who will not only not insult you, but will treat you with the same respect you show to them. Even if they do kill you in 3 seconds flat... ;))

...and talking of "3 seconds flat", here is an off-the-wall idea to help get more PvP going in Fel:

It would be really helpful for new PvPers if some of the 1vs1 and 2vs2 tourneys were organised with standard suits and weapons for all participants and NO fc, fcr or ssi allowed.

One of the biggest problems when you are starting is that everything happens too fast. You don't have time to learn much before you die.

Tourneys with no ssi on weapons and no faster casting would be much slower, giving both opponents time to think what they are doing and begin to plan and automate attacks and defences. It wouldn't matter if the balance wasn't perfect since these tourneys would be aimed at anyone who wants to improve their skills without worrying about who "wins".

Obviously, this would involve the collaboration of one or more of the GMs to actually organise these events - but I believe that the tourney system already has the code in place to "standardize" and restrict items, so if enough people thought it was a good idea they might be willing to try it...

Jm2c

FE

PS - thanks to AV and Weinster for giving me the idea.

Im going to do that tournament more as an experience as for a big kool event.

Im going to tape it on AVI (dunno if the gms have razor) and then post here, hoping them admins could watch and see what they think of doing tactical tournys (its called tactical because usually your mana runs out in a few secs, for both kinds)

Ferris

Page

What is all of this "if someone would teach me to PvP" crap, you go to fel you fight, if you lose you fight some more. In my day we didn't have people to teach us how to PvP, we just killed people untill we could kill better people, then we killed them too.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

Ferris;403178 said:
What is all of this "if someone would teach me to PvP" crap, you go to fel you fight, if you lose you fight some more. In my day we didn't have people to teach us how to PvP, we just killed people untill we could kill better people, then we killed them too.

I know it took you a while before you could [kill people before they dropped you, then you got those speedhacks and started [kill'ing everyone.

Ferris

Page

Just like your mother Trebek. I'm being serious though, everyone wants to "learn" to PvP. I'll teach them how:

Step 1: Go to fel
Step 2: Attack person
Step 3: Fight
Step 4: Die
Step 5: Repeat steps 1 through 4 until you win
Step 6: Keep winning

Ferris;403185 said:
Just like your mother Trebek. I'm being serious though, everyone wants to "learn" to PvP. I'll teach them how:

Step 1: Go to fel
Step 2: Attack person
Step 3: Fight
Step 4: Die
Step 5: Repeat steps 1 through 4 until you win
Step 6: Keep winning

For anyone who is already convinced they want to PvP - you are right, F.

But I think most of the ideas have been more on the lines of how to persuade more of those people who for whatever reason aren't already convinced, that PvP can be fun...

FE

Well said, FE.

I agree, Ferris, that you method might work. However, it might also discourage a lot more PvPers than it creates. For me, I only have so much time to spend online gaming. Id rather not have to spend months getting ganked before I glean some insight into how one PvPs properly.

All you experienced PvPers have knowledge, skills , tactics, etc. you can teach us. If you choose not to help, don't be surprised when there aren't as many PvPers as you might like.

Ferris

Page

Most of the ideas seem to be either to force pvp or implement some arbitrary reward system, the reward is the pvp. If you want to kill something more difficult than the AI can offer, you go and you fight.

If you want to be rewarded for your efforts, tell your mommy you just made a bad man go away in the video game you play on her computer, I bet she'll make you a sandwich.

The problem is that PvP players still PvM, but the reverse is not true a large percentage of the time. There's no changing that, it's been that way since the launch of this game. The numbers drop, but what do you expect, no one fights on neutral ground anymore, someone always has to have the home field advantage. It was easier to lose that leather armor when it didn't have properties on it and you could just go home and restock what you lost. Todays UO makes people cheap.

Insurance costs atleast 5k per death? Go earn gold for a few days and finish the week dying, eventually you'll get to a point where the gain is more than the cost.

Gank Squads got you down? Run your ass off, sometimes you get lucky and the dipshit of the squad gets singled off from the pack.

Can't kill the red cause he house hides? Get off the damned moon gate and maybe he'd be willing to toe up with you, if not who cares? He's hiding and your not dead, battle won.

It's all excuses, get over it, fight because you want to, or don't but remember, if you want people to fight you have to make it fun for everyone and not puss out when you're about to drop a 5k check and handful of potions in someone else's pack.

Ferris

Page

weinster666;403207 said:
However, it might also discourage a lot more PvPers than it creates. For me, I only have so much time to spend online gaming.

Why not? you're willing to spend months in the gaunt waiting for that one special item to call your own.