UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What would allow more people to PvP?

What would allow more people to PvP?

• Less insurance cost.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Moving the PvP away from moongates/houses.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Easier methods for obtaining gear.

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • New reasons for PvP.

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • PvP Sucks, Remove fel.

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters
Re: What would allow more people to PvP?

In my opinion, the insurance cost has nothing to do with the lack of PvP, so I doubt anyone will pick that. If insurance was cheaper, then people wouldn't get as much for killing people, and that might cause some players to stop PvPing, but I don't think its that big of a deal. On the other hand, if it was more expensive, it could cause some players to stop PvPing because they can't afford it.

Moving PvP away from the moongates and houses would be awesome and would certainly increase the amount of players that PvP, but it's very unlikely to happen. This isn't something staff or other players can change, its all up to those who are PvPing at moongates and houses, and they've been there since the beginning of time, why would they move now?

Easier methods for obtaining gear would be good for new players, and there would be more people PvPing, but a lot of older players that got their gear the hard way might get upset and stop playing once they see that everyone has the same stuff, and didn't have to work for it.

New reasons for PvP would be nice, but I can't really think of any myself.

Definitely its the armor...

Getting artys is kinda easy... The rest is not. And getting rid of the house PvP

removing blues from bg will increase pvp.

ie: get some balls

most reds got fed up of 10 on 1 ganks. so most reds are going blue. and when reds group together and defeat blues, all blues would be in luna. those are the main reasons. for example hanabi, izzy, akuma. all of em suck. lancelot went red, hes going back to blue bec he cant handle ganks etc

Khephren

Knight

i dont pvp but what would be cool is to have it away from houses so it would be pure pvp and no house hiding and whatever else...

but for sure, don't expect the server to make those changes, if OSI doesn't do it, neither will us... its up to the players to move somewhere else, but that will never happen.

Hawken

Wanderer

I find true PvP is hard to find, most of what I have had the unfortunate opportunity to experience is PKing.

Moving pvp away from moongates and houses would NOT increase people that pvp. It is almost impossible to get anyone who plays a blue character (With the exception of a few) to flag on ANYBODY, let alone leave their protected circle of rocks. You take away the guards zone, and houses to hide in, and LESS people will pvp. The only one that's even remotely viable on that list is easier methods to obtaining good gear, but I'm not even going to vote for it. Because there are tons of players that have ridiculous suits that don't enter fel, except for a champ spawn here and there.

Tempest

Knight

Remove all Tram facets, duh.

When you force PvMer`s to protect themselves, they will learn to PvP.

ParagonDancer;401489 said:
Moving pvp away from moongates and houses would NOT increase people that pvp. ...

I stopped to PvP at brit mg with my blue one. Most reds hided in their houses, when I was about to kill them.

I stopped to PvP at brit mg with my red one. Most blue hugged gard zone and waited for 4+ ppl to gank me (and I don't have a house there to hide).

But you seem to be right ParagonDancer, because I never saw anyone at BucDen mg.

Hyphy Train;401572 said:
When you force PvMer`s to protect themselves, they will learn to PvP.
No, they will either whine a lot, or they'll just get frustrated and leave the shard, as evidenced by all the OTHER shards that are all "fel only" like seemingly 99% of free shards are.

I think removing the guards would utterly kill what little PvP there is. While a lot of reds wish that if only they could nuke those blue GZ hiders... Well, why don't you grow a pair and do so? (no offense meant to any female PvP'ers around here...) I've actually managed to kill a few blues even when they thought they were safe insize that zone. They were pretty shocked to find that the guards don't come if you die too quickly to scream.

Aeolus

Sorceror

I'm sorry, but this poll is pointless- none of this stuff is going to happen unless it happens first on OSI. And even if it happed tomorrow on OSI, who knows how much longer it it would take to be implemented here. I made a comment about this before and the point of it was basically that If you want PvP to improve here- the players will have to provide the incentives to make it happen, whether by temptation, reward, or other. Pondering hypothetical situations like demolishing all the houses around Brit moongate though won't change anything- that just gets people worked up for nothing.

First, do you want to fight PvP vs people who WANT to fight you or just people who happen to be in Fel for another reason? I'm thinking you want the former. So, there needs to be some incentive to taking part in PvP to make more people interested in it. Something like, the system randomly and secretly tags a Red so that, when killed, he drops an Ltot or Gaunt arty into the killers bag. No one knows who. No one knows when the tag might change. Once the person is killed and the arty delivered, some other red is chosen. That would get people interested in PvP. it sure beats grinding the Gaunt for months.

Of course, unless that happens on OSI, it will never happen here.

Aeolus

Sorceror

weinster666;401663 said:
Something like, the system randomly and secretly tags a Red so that, when killed, he drops an Ltot or Gaunt arty into the killers bag. No one knows who. No one knows when the tag might change. Once the person is killed and the arty delivered, some other red is chosen.
That's a really creative idea, but like you said...

Of course, unless that happens on OSI, it will never happen here.

Insomniac-

Sorceror

This isn't a poll asking for change. This is just a fact finding expedition for my own benefit. Sorry if its misleading at all. Its part of a greater plan, step 2 is coming soon, stay tuned!

Infact, few of the polls options were implemented on OSI. Demise just doesn't have them yet because its 3~ years behind OSI in updates. Mostly, because the RunUO devs have lives, or don't care for the AOS-rulesets. Whichever there reasons are its there choice what to do.

Also: Please leave out your custom ideas to 'fix' pvp. Its been clearly stated that Demise will always be a OSI clone, and a "test center" for the RunUO core.

Anyways... Have fun and stay in Fel.

Ulrich

Wanderer

Honor

I would spend more time in Fel and contribute to the PvP... but those I've had encounters with have no honor, and have no interest in growing the PvP community. They have one goal and that is to be a complete A-hole....

cmcmcm

Knight

First i want to learn how chinese guys can run and cast that fast...

Oh!! Mr.M, can you reveal that trick? :)

Tempest

Knight

Nottheking;401596 said:
No, they will either whine a lot, or they'll just get frustrated and leave the shard, as evidenced by all the OTHER shards that are all "fel only" like seemingly 99% of free shards are.

Hybrid is a huge success.