UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What would allow more people to PvP?

What would allow more people to PvP?

• Less insurance cost.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Moving the PvP away from moongates/houses.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Easier methods for obtaining gear.

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • New reasons for PvP.

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • PvP Sucks, Remove fel.

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters

Facko

Sorceror
Re: What would allow more people to PvP?

arbitrary reward system? all i want is OTHER players to be able to get decent gear faster (and the money to keep it) so that they're more willing to step into fel and do the things you said. not everyone wants to spend months in the gauntlet or weeks running bods on 4 accts, some ppl just wanna play the damn game.

right now there are basically only 2 areas really worth hunting in (yamandons and gaunt). and in those areas you hafta compete for loot. money isnt really easy to get unless you can run a series of solo champs one after the other...

there is nothing more boring to me or half the player base than spending weeks crafting or camping the 2-3 good hunting areas and then having to grind money endlessly to keep what we've found...

Ferris

Page

Yes, arbitrary award system. It has too much potential for abuse, and to remove that potential makes it ineffectual. it's the old bring back ToTs chant, only with a different harmony. It's a shame that people don't want to spend months doing things and would rather just play the game, but months doing things is the name of the game, if they can't build a suit or make some cash, they sure as hell aren't going to have the patience to learn to PvP either.

Some good points made..I didn't have the best players on the shard teaching me how to PvP; I played with Rmac for gods sake. Pretty much had to learn the game all by myself, and I did.

1) I don't grind in Gauntlet for months, which is why I don't have any cool arties except the ones I have purchased.

2) I do spend time tailoring, but it is mind-numbing too, but you need to do something if you want to make enough money to afford a few nicer items.

All in all, Im sure not having 5 hours a day every day may be the biggest reason I dont have all the goodies. Which brings us to the point....

The Goodies. I'm sure PvP is its own reward..for those who choose that route. But when your wearing a suit made of toilet paper carrying a toothpick fighting dudes in glowing armor and carrying shields and swords, I imagine it gets old real quick. Thats what its like walking into Fell without the skills, without the proper equipment, without the proper 120s, and without the experience.

For some, thats the challenge. I applaude you for it. For others (like me), theyre just asking for a helping hand to learn the ropes a bit. Its not like Im asking for you to give me orny, rbc, etc. Just some training.

Insomniac-

Sorceror

heres a few pro tips:

- weaken/clumbsy is your friend, offensively and defensively
- bigger spells are normally horrible. (gheal, ebolts)
- ganking wont help u learn, get your ass owned 1vs1 and go over your own mistakes.. use RPVs or something
- SMASH your keys. seriously. you'll probably do better and wont even know why. just smash them, hard. it sometimes helps to scream "I AM TEH LEETNESS" irl while doing this... dont worry your neighbor is probably pvping too and will understand.
- speed is really the key. keep moving keep casting keep doing shit. whatever your doing just do it fast.

Insomniac-;403377 said:
heres a few pro tips:

- weaken/clumbsy is your friend, offensively and defensively
- bigger spells are normally horrible. (gheal, ebolts)
- ganking wont help u learn, get your ass owned 1vs1 and go over your own mistakes.. use RPVs or something
- SMASH your keys. seriously. you'll probably do better and wont even know why. just smash them, hard. it sometimes helps to scream "I AM TEH LEETNESS" irl while doing this... dont worry your neighbor is probably pvping too and will understand.
- speed is really the key. keep moving keep casting keep doing shit. whatever your doing just do it fast.

ANOTHER:

When someone is at half life and poisoned, trying to go on the defensive and use my baddie of a combo:

Explosion, mind blast, magic arrow, lightning. If they aren't dead, sic another poison on them

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror

This is not a "I am the 1337ness" reply, lol. I am an experienced PvP'er from OSI, not great but I understand how to work in a team environment. I have been back for a few weeks and am currently grinding doom to get some cash. There is NO WAY I could PvP in the trash newbie LRC suits that I own. I could Xheal, field, and res but a single exp, mb, lightning would thrash me eveytime (without scribe :( ). You have to grind doom forever then hope someone will take your artis (people offer's for artis have been low-budget everytime. It just seems we really have no options to make the ton of cash required for PvP other than endless doom grinding. This really stifles PvP as noone wants to roll into fel and get smashed eveytime (especially me). I know that making artis easier to get will destroy the market but there has got to be a better way for new players to make cash than grind 1000- hours of doom or kill 1 billion yamadons. The reason OSI added the ML content was to give players more options and a wider variety of cheaper items. This really helps out newbie players.
I do have some issues with the ML content including gimping out bows while not adding any real [PvP] melee weapons, but the variety of bosses and things to do makes it more fun to gain these items and takes away the endless doom grinding. At least you have the choice of grinding for a little bit then switching to peerless then back again, breaking up the monotony of trying to build a competitive suit. I am not a newb asking for free arty handouts, just a returning player asking for decent options to rebuild my account.

Insomniac-

Sorceror

I agree but you dont have to mindlessly grind gaunt for gear, lrc is fine to do some champs with. Join a pvp/champ guild and get some scrolls and cash. Sell/use some scrolls, trade/sell some others for valuables which u can then trade for other shit. Its the less boring way, untill ML is finally released (Maybe before darkfall!)

Chaos_Lord;404238 said:
This is not a "I am the 1337ness" reply, lol. I am an experienced PvP'er from OSI, not great but I understand how to work in a team environment. I have been back for a few weeks and am currently grinding doom to get some cash. There is NO WAY I could PvP in the trash newbie LRC suits that I own. I could Xheal, field, and res but a single exp, mb, lightning would thrash me eveytime (without scribe :( ). You have to grind doom forever then hope someone will take your artis (people offer's for artis have been low-budget everytime. It just seems we really have no options to make the ton of cash required for PvP other than endless doom grinding. This really stifles PvP as noone wants to roll into fel and get smashed eveytime (especially me). I know that making artis easier to get will destroy the market but there has got to be a better way for new players to make cash than grind 1000- hours of doom or kill 1 billion yamadons. The reason OSI added the ML content was to give players more options and a wider variety of cheaper items. This really helps out newbie players.
I do have some issues with the ML content including gimping out bows while not adding any real [PvP] melee weapons, but the variety of bosses and things to do makes it more fun to gain these items and takes away the endless doom grinding. At least you have the choice of grinding for a little bit then switching to peerless then back again, breaking up the monotony of trying to build a competitive suit. I am not a newb asking for free arty handouts, just a returning player asking for decent options to rebuild my account.

Only thing to be done is to give out new players some suit, maybe some lrc, or luck that are useless... I was doing that myself, but my stock ran empty...

Zalchol

Sorceror

For me to PVP they need to get rid of the arties, they unbalance the game.

yesteday was event. Dont you think it was very nice and gave even not best players fun?? i saw eveybody had a fun. More events like that one :D

scrim

Sorceror

lol.

the admins dont even cared about changing the fucking darts yet