UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What this shard needs

El Ugly 707

Traveler
I'm almost to a $1 million that I obtained by actually playing the game . Yes , I farmed it all. And I can tell you, if someone came and wiped away all those hours of grinding, I would leave. Somehow I know I'm not the only one who farms as evident in how crowded Deceit has been since the new paragon spawn. This game has always been about people and the way you interact with them - if we had as many of the people who come on here to cry and whine and troll the shard actually logging on and playing the game , this shard's population would explode.

Neppg

Sorceror

Fr0sty

Lord
I like how these people dont know whats on donation store, then gives random advice on how to "fix" a shard they obviously never Contribuated to ... Either by opening the donation store and helping with founding.... Or actualy playing enought to get some of the shiny neon thingy's there complaining about..... Oh and I just love how people keep giving advice too staff or the owner of shard to "What To Improve". If you guys really think any of these Changes that you are suggesting is gonna bring more people on your WRONG. People bring People in duh! Why dont you invite a friend to play? Why dont you guys leave a couple of chars afk at bank so that new players dont see an empty bank?, Why dont you guys donate 5-10$ once or twice a year for a game you love? pretty sure you spend more on chips in a week. Maby keep repeating over and over that you hate this shard that its boring or that its dead isnt helping? Maby you can meditate and realize that its not the shard that is boring its you that are bored of a game your have been playing for 10 years in the same way? Find a new passion! Make a detective! Make your own pvp event, ya theres a player event section here! why dont you try to roleplay for once in 10 years instead of waiting in the same spot you have always waited for action?! The shards Population are responsable for the atmosphere and action that accures on shard, stop blaming anything and anyone you can. This game is about people, take a second to talk a couple minutes to that flashy neon eye hurting persone at bank next time you passe trew bank chassing the same guy you have chassed for years, maby you will remember that this isnt Diablo......... Instead of insisting in seeing "flaws" or "whats missing" give yourselfs a chance too see what we still have after 10 years? Give yourselfes the chance too like this game again....

I haven't been on gamers in awhile so I haven't seen the latest donation store. I guess gold was removed and bulk regs added. My fault. I assume most of your post was directed at me, so to say that I've never contributed to this shard is non-sense. I've donated money to this shard plenty of times. Maybe not thousands of dollars worth, but I've donated quite a bit. Not to mention I've been playing/supporting this server since the day it started. The only person I've recognized in this thread is Heavy Smoker so I would say most of you are somewhat new or have changed your forum names for some reason. You are right that it takes people to bring people. With that being said, this is, and has always been, a PVP server. Right now there is rarely any PVP, therefore people don't want to play. A shard wipe would put EVERYONE on the same level and would require people to go out and farm items. If everyone is doing that, there is going to be pvp. I know quite a few people that would come play if this happened. The higher the population gets, the more people will come back. There is no "fix all" solution to the population problem of UOGamers, and I understand that to some, a shard wipe would be disappointing. But I would rather have no gold/items, than have no one to play with/against. In my opinion, it's worth a try, because nothing else has worked. We've been using the "people need to bring people in" argument for probably 5 years and it hasn't worked. When zanzibar started, a crap load of people went over there to start fresh, but obviously with the lack of staff involvement in that server, it's went dead. There is no perfect solution, but I think it's time to try something drastic.

EDIT: Haha Zanzibar.... good one.

El Ugly 707

Traveler
I haven't been on gamers in awhile so I haven't seen the latest donation store. I guess gold was removed and bulk regs added. My fault. I assume most of your post was directed at me, so to say that I've never contributed to this shard is non-sense. I've donated money to this shard plenty of times. Maybe not thousands of dollars worth, but I've donated quite a bit. Not to mention I've been playing/supporting this server since the day it started. The only person I've recognized in this thread is Heavy Smoker so I would say most of you are somewhat new or have changed your forum names for some reason. You are right that it takes people to bring people. With that being said, this is, and has always been, a PVP server. Right now there is rarely any PVP, therefore people don't want to play. A shard wipe would put EVERYONE on the same level and would require people to go out and farm items. If everyone is doing that, there is going to be pvp. I know quite a few people that would come play if this happened. The higher the population gets, the more people will come back. There is no "fix all" solution to the population problem of UOGamers, and I understand that to some, a shard wipe would be disappointing. But I would rather have no gold/items, than have no one to play with/against. In my opinion, it's worth a try, because nothing else has worked. We've been using the "people need to bring people in" argument for probably 5 years and it hasn't worked. When zanzibar started, a crap load of people went over there to start fresh, but obviously with the lack of staff involvement in that server, it's went dead. There is no perfect solution, but I think it's time to try something drastic.

If you haven't been on UO Gamers for a while, how could you know that no pvp was taking place? Log on and go to Deciet . You'll find some - most likely red zergs but hey PVP is PVP :)

If you haven't been on UO Gamers for a while, how could you know that no pvp was taking place? Log on and go to Deciet . You'll find some - most likely red zergs but hey PVP is PVP :)
fighting one group of zerging reds is boring. People want small scale, field pvp without being forced to use and abuse every wand this game has to offer.

Nobody soloing the dungeons or venturing out into the world solo causes there to be no need for solo pkers. It's just boring. I myself know of 7 people that would play if there was a gold/item wipe. And these 7 haven't played actively in over a year or 2.

El Ugly 707

Traveler
fighting one group of zerging reds is boring. People want small scale, field pvp without being forced to use and abuse every wand this game has to offer.

Nobody soloing the dungeons or venturing out into the world solo causes there to be no need for solo pkers. It's just boring. I myself know of 7 people that would play if there was a gold/item wipe. And these 7 haven't played actively in over a year or 2.
Fighting groups of reds is fun, getting ganked 3 v 1 not so much .

Fighting groups of reds is fun, getting ganked 3 v 1 not so much .
the funnest fights i've ever been apart of were the 1v2's or 1v3's and killing both or all opponents.

Skill has a lot to do with it, which is what I and many other players like about this games pvp, but also when both sides limit themselves to regs/pots and fight honorably and not gazillions of wands/bolas/mares/unnecessary offscreens/heal mods/bots

times have changed I guess, people are a lot gayer now.

MelodyTFA

Squire

First my comment wasnt directed against you I was talking to everybody who keeps Saying they want staff to change stuff when thats not the probleme. A wipe wouldnt make anything better? AGAIN, If you do a wipe the people who are still playing would have no reason to stay, And IN what way would it encourage people to come to hybrid rather then some other random shard?? A wipe would be the final death blow of hybrid. The players do the PVP, The players do the farming, The players bring other players, The players decide if hybrid is a plesent place to play or not...... Theres not a thing you can delete or add that would bring more players, its our responsibily as the remaining population to make hybrid an active shard with a plesent atmosphere..... If everyone left 1 char afk at bank instead of safe zones, we would automaticly attract more people that will in turn attract more action..... Soon thoses afk chars would start moving again.......

I'm almost to a $1 million that I obtained by actually playing the game . Yes , I farmed it all. And I can tell you, if someone came and wiped away all those hours of grinding, I would leave. Somehow I know I'm not the only one who farms as evident in how crowded Deceit has been since the new paragon spawn. This game has always been about people and the way you interact with them - if we had as many of the people who come on here to cry and whine and troll the shard actually logging on and playing the game , this shard's population would explode.

We get it dude, you're vehemently against a shard wipe. You're in the minority.

TheHawks

Sorceror
Oh, you.
I sold all my nice shit during the last fair.

Also, stop being so fucking negative all the time and enjoy life, peace.
I made a dick joke and you posted a melodramatic picture. Who is being negative here? I enjoy my time in this game and life tyvm.

Oh they forgot to tell you? You actually have to Play the shard or own stuff to qualifie to vote on a wipe.... El ugly qualifies, do you??
sloth has been around since near the beginning. Active players or not, his and many players vote count who currently don't play but have all asked about a wipe or something very near it.

You don't see it but a larger population of players, new and old, is much better than a loss of your economic standing that you can easily gather again with time and it be worth so much more.

MelodyTFA

Squire
AGAIN, Explain to me why would a player be drawn to come play on hybrid if they made a wipe? what would be diffrent about hybrid then any other random shard that has nothing on it? At least now the people who have stuff are staying. You guys keep saying wipe but dont explain how you would keep players that are still here any why people wouldnt just go to UO forever, an corp, or even "zennvera if they had to start again? Your wipe idea dosnt make sense its like you guys want to kill shard

Neppg

Sorceror
I made a dick joke and you posted a melodramatic picture. Who is being negative here? I enjoy my time in this game and life tyvm.
Actually, I didn't even get the dick joke, just now got it when you said it. Sorry, I don't always get the funny jokes in English.(More often than Melody though)

I was referring to your bitter-sounding statement when I said stop being so negative; about me removing all my "good shit" from my house.

Also, I'm glad that you enjoy your life, keep it up.