UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What ML Features do you want the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What ML Features do you want the most?

aeonnadir;429181 said:
I'm not trying to be antagonistic in any way by this post. Now that that's made clear, I'm curious. Are we ever *really* getting ML on this shard? This thread was started nearly nine months ago. And still, no ML. I realize that this is a free shard, I realize that everyone who works on it volunteers time and talent (and this is greatly appreciated!). I realize that coding takes time. But sometimes it almost feels like ML implimentation is a big tease. That it's not high on any priority list and will or won't get done...maybe. I like this shard. I'm not planning on going anywhere. I would however like some sort of rough estimate at least, when (or if ever) we can expect it. For example, say...by Christmas of 08, or summer of 09 (whenever).

If it's just not doable, I'll live (but would like to know that). And if it is doable, I'd love the ML craftables, furniture and other house deco items (those mounted pixies are disturbingly adorable).

Thanks Ryan (and everyone else who works on this shard) for its existance. Thanks for listening to us gripe (and providing a place to do so).
Thanks for your time/money/effort to provide a shard that I personally, like every bit as much (or better) than any of the osi/ea shards I've played on.

I'm sure they will eventually have UOML but as suggested earlier, some of the devs are not really all that interested in ML itself so motivation may be lower.

They likely won't give an ETA on its implementations for 2 reasons:

1) Due to the amount of content in UOML and all the systems and the work that's spread apart with the devs, there's no accurate way to calculate how much time it will take. Because:

2) Setting a date means that they have to stick to a schedule to deliver. If they post a date, they would be required to put something in the game by then. If they didn't, players would complain and I'm sure they're already tired of the complaining they get on a daily basis. They do this in their spare time and I'm sure they would rather work at a leisurely pace with enough time for coding and testing. As many threads state "It'll be implemented when it's implemented".

xantier

Sorceror

Machu-demise;337311 said:
ML craftable artie, pets, bosses etc .. it can help with new templates, an more.

and activate the disabled spells !!

aeonnadir

Wanderer

Balthazar-demise;429661 said:
I'm sure they will eventually have UOML but as suggested earlier, some of the devs are not really all that interested in ML itself so motivation may be lower.

I think this too, I got that impression from reading the runUO forums. However then this should not be billed as an "osi/ea clone*. That too would put an end to the questions and complaints.

Quotes from the website;

"UOGamers: Demise is a free Ultima Online server produced by The RunUO Team designed to be the flagship development environment for The RunUO Team to keep up with the latest updates by EA Games." and although it does go on to say "Demise offers a true to form Ultima Online experience that veteran players are accustomed to including content from both the Samurai Empire and Mondain's Legacy expansions." After the first statement and *true to form* saying *including content* is a little vague. Because the expectation has already been set by that time.

So while I totally understand it from the developers point of view. And while I accept that they are doing this on their own time, I also understand it from the players point of view. And I don't personally think it's unreasonable for anyone to question it when they find it's not exactly as billed.

In my Aspie head it all makes sense. However trying to convey it to another person/s is a lot harder. My original comment was not meant to be critical of the shard in any way, it was more... I'm curious about this. And this post is not meant to be critical either. It's just how I see it.

So why does it feel like I'm just digging myself in deeper? *shakes head*.

xantier

Sorceror

i want everything new on mondains. i read uo.stratics.. it excited me. Peerlesses artifacts.. new crafting system. working spellbook xD

Instances imo suck, every other mmorpg have them now, i dunno how u would have peerless boss without them though:( . Definatly any of the tougher pvm things from mondains, as it will actaully make pvm well... fun

Gilly;430582 said:
Instances imo suck, every other mmorpg have them now, i dunno how u would have peerless boss without them though:( . Definatly any of the tougher pvm things from mondains, as it will actaully make pvm well... fun

You mean like, instanced corpses? How can you say that would suck? You get the loot you merit without some cheap scripter ruining everything. Those who play the game properly shouldn't have to suffer from it.

Also, peerless loot packs where meant to be shared with the group. If a single person hordes off everything, they're an asshat and should immediately be rejected from further battles. There's enough loot in there to pass around.

Peerless are great because they encourage group battles (Which IMO, tops everything else in ultima). Group battles are the shit, and often times have a ton of laughs.

UnholyTidus

Wanderer

Well i just want a scrappers compendium and a pendant of magi :D craftable artis are the shit :D

Heugike

Wanderer

So all these things taht are mentioned here, is there any chance they will actually add these things, or are our pleas all in vain..? :/

Heugike;431448 said:
So all these things taht are mentioned here, is there any chance they will actually add these things, or are our pleas all in vain..? :/

I'm sure they will eventually but your "pleas" only annoy them. From what I see, there's a good 50 pages worth of "I want this". Kind of reminds me of the kid asking for all this stuff for christmas like a pony or the moon but all they're getting is megablocks and a gingerbread man.

Hamtardo68

Wanderer

I want Anything. This thread was started over 6 months ago. ML has been out for quite some time. Anything would be nice just to show you are working on it.

babiqtee015

Wanderer

I would pretty much, as many others have said, Love to see most of the ML adds on this server. All the peerless dungeons are something that add so much to the game, the loot, I really don't care about but who would wanna do the dungeons without it. The questing, the crafting, the creatures, the turn ins for reward items at the zoo, bank etc. Those are all fun! I wish I could send a programmer your way who had the time to help accomplishing this task.

babiqtee015

Wanderer

Well Luigi would definitely have the time, heck Luigi why don't you just learn how to program and get this done for all of us. hahaha!

Rmac-Demise

Wanderer

dude how could we possibly be thinking about ML when we dont even have AOS done yet like wtf where are inquis?????? comon now :(

lordwolfx

Knight

why spend all the time geting inquistors up ?

1 person happy per month

when instead you could be doing instance loot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.