UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What ML Features do you want the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What ML Features do you want the most?

exactly, if we had it one bit at a time then we could have some features next week :eek: then another the week later. that would be good competition.

UOmeadollar

Wanderer

I left for long enough for my old accounts to dissapear and still only spellweaving kinda implemented when I came back...better than nothing i guess! =)

adverserath;414637 said:
exactly, if we had it one bit at a time then we could have some features next week :eek: then another the week later. that would be good competition.

ML is intertwined in many aspects so it's not that simple. Being able to do something in ML requires more than one system to be active. For example: To make a new UOML craftable artifact, you need the recipe system which drops from the quest system which ties into the craft and resource system and peerlesses. For you to be able to make that 1 item, you would need 7+ systems to be revamped or coded. Releasing one system without the rest would be incomplete (Kind of like how the colored resources were accidently launched. You can collect em but can't do anything with them).

Balthazar-demise;414823 said:
For you to be able to make that 1 item, you would need 7+ systems to be revamped or coded. Releasing one system without the rest would be incomplete

well that is true, but from reading that, there isn't a program with releasing the dungeons on their own first. that doesn't involve any quests. and we can already mine gems for the crafting. A dungeon will give us the spawns, and the pets, these pets will drop ML items. Thats only 3 systems, so that would be the best to start with. I can't wait for ML though. I was on osi last year, and really like the items. I wish there was a system to still get tokuno items though. The whole tokuno islands are useless these days, except for hiryus.

adverserath;415709 said:
well that is true, but from reading that, there isn't a program with releasing the dungeons on their own first. that doesn't involve any quests. and we can already mine gems for the crafting. A dungeon will give us the spawns, and the pets, these pets will drop ML items. Thats only 3 systems, so that would be the best to start with. I can't wait for ML though. I was on osi last year, and really like the items. I wish there was a system to still get tokuno items though. The whole tokuno islands are useless these days, except for hiryus.

That is, in fact, do-able to a certain extent but not all UOML dungeons are free access. Blighted grove requires you to obtain a bone machete VIA getting a quest recipe from the fisherman. Bedlam and Twisted Weald require you to complete an entry quest. So if they are to do things accurately, these dungeons would not be opened until the quests were in which ties into the quest system. Many of these dungeons also have side quests within them.

antonious

Wanderer

I want to play a full ML version (ML bosses,arties,dungeons,quests and craftable artifacts) i hope one day it will happen ;):D

The peerless system would be sweet. I've seen some pretty nicely done systems on other shards. Perhaps someone has released their code. The one shard I was on had the OSI like timers and all. The keys expire after some time, and you have 2 hours to do peerless or it boots you.
<br><br>
Their mobs also cast spells in a more "smart" matter. DFs for example will corpse skin FS EO painspike you and stuff. They switch targets more too. I was suprised how easy mobs are here when I started playing about a week ago.

ack-sync-request;416471 said:
The peerless system would be sweet. I've seen some pretty nicely done systems on other shards. Perhaps someone has released their code. The one shard I was on had the OSI like timers and all. The keys expire after some time, and you have 2 hours to do peerless or it boots you.
<br><br>
Their mobs also cast spells in a more "smart" matter. DFs for example will corpse skin FS EO painspike you and stuff. They switch targets more too. I was suprised how easy mobs are here when I started playing about a week ago.

Demise doesn't accept other player/created code. They do everything themselves. It would be cool to have advanced AI though, like monsters that do necromancy.

Think that's their problem. I don't think any of the staff here actually know how to code. It's kinda like trying to run a restaurant without a cook.

UnholyTidus

Wanderer

I want Tokuno artis and watnot back :( and reptalons would be nice but i dont want them used by chun in PVP so leave those out

guino

Wanderer

Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu

aeonnadir

Wanderer

I'm not trying to be antagonistic in any way by this post. Now that that's made clear, I'm curious. Are we ever *really* getting ML on this shard? This thread was started nearly nine months ago. And still, no ML. I realize that this is a free shard, I realize that everyone who works on it volunteers time and talent (and this is greatly appreciated!). I realize that coding takes time. But sometimes it almost feels like ML implimentation is a big tease. That it's not high on any priority list and will or won't get done...maybe. I like this shard. I'm not planning on going anywhere. I would however like some sort of rough estimate at least, when (or if ever) we can expect it. For example, say...by Christmas of 08, or summer of 09 (whenever).

If it's just not doable, I'll live (but would like to know that). And if it is doable, I'd love the ML craftables, furniture and other house deco items (those mounted pixies are disturbingly adorable).

Thanks Ryan (and everyone else who works on this shard) for its existance. Thanks for listening to us gripe (and providing a place to do so).
Thanks for your time/money/effort to provide a shard that I personally, like every bit as much (or better) than any of the osi/ea shards I've played on.

guino;429093 said:
Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhecu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu Sidhe Cu

Here it is, its as close as you'll get to seeing one. :p

Code:
using System;
using Server;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Targeting;
using System.Collections;

namespace Server.Mobiles
{
[CorpseName( "a Cu Sidhe corpse" )]
    public class CuSidhe : BaseMount
    {
        public override WeaponAbility GetWeaponAbility() { return WeaponAbility.BleedAttack; }

[Constructable]
        public CuSidhe() : this( "a Cu Sidhe" )
        {
        }

[Constructable]
        public CuSidhe( string name ) : base( name, 277, 0x3e91, AIType.AI_Melee, FightMode.Evil, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4 )
        {
            BaseSoundID = 0xE5;
            Hue = 0;
            if (Utility.Random(12) == 1) Hue = Utility.RandomList(593, 2425, 2419, 2219, 2413, 2207, 2418, 2213, 1278, 26, 96, 900);
            else if (Utility.Random(24) == 1) Hue = Utility.RandomList(1643, 2406);
            else if (Utility.Random(50) == 1) Hue = Utility.RandomList(1150,1153);
            else if (Utility.Random(75) == 1) Hue = Utility.RandomList(1161);

SetStr( 1200, 1225 );
            SetDex( 150, 170 );
            SetInt( 250, 285 );

SetHits( 1010, 1200 );

SetDamage( 21, 28 );

SetDamageType(ResistanceType.Physical, 0);
            SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Energy, 50 );
            SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Cold, 50 );            

SetResistance( ResistanceType.Physical, 45, 65 );
            SetResistance( ResistanceType.Fire, 27, 45 );
            SetResistance( ResistanceType.Cold, 70, 85 );
            SetResistance( ResistanceType.Poison, 30, 50 );
            SetResistance( ResistanceType.Energy, 70, 85 );

SkillsCap=8000;

SetSkill( SkillName.MagicResist, 50, 100 );
            SetSkill( SkillName.Tactics, 50, 100 );
            SetSkill( SkillName.Wrestling, 60, 100 );
            SetSkill( SkillName.Anatomy, 50, 100 );
            SetSkill( SkillName.Healing, 60, 100 );
            ;SetSkill( SkillName.AnimalLore, 100 );
            ;SetSkill(SkillName.Veterinary, 100);

Fame = 10000;
            Karma = -10000;

VirtualArmor = 75;

PackGold(1000, 1300);
            PackItem(new Bandage(Utility.RandomMinMax(5, 15)));

Tamable = true;
            ControlSlots = 4;
            MinTameSkill = 101.1;
        }

public override bool StatLossAfterTame{ get{ return true; } }

private void UseBandage(Mobile healtarget)
        {
            //check if beneficial target is pending
            Target targ = this.Target;

if(targ!=null && ((targ.Flags & TargetFlags.Beneficial) != 0) && healtarget!=null)
            {
            if(InRange(healtarget,1))targ.Invoke( this, healtarget );
            else 
            return;
            }

//ensure we did not already recently double click a bandage, and just pending for heal
            if(BandageContext.GetContext( this )!=null)return;

//we don't have a target, so we'll double click a bandage instead        
            Bandage band = new Bandage();
            band.Delete();

band.OnDoubleClick(this);
        }

public override void OnThink()
        {
            base.OnThink();

if((Hits<HitsMax || Poison!=null) && 0.5>Utility.RandomDouble() && !MortalStrike.IsWounded( this))UseBandage(this);

Mobile owner=null;

if(ControlMaster!=null)owner=ControlMaster;
            else if(SummonMaster!=null)owner=SummonMaster;

if(owner!=null && owner.InRange(this,2) && !MortalStrike.IsWounded( owner))UseBandage(owner);            
        }

public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
        {
            if(from==null)return;
            Item a = from.FindItemOnLayer(Layer.Shoes);
            if (( a != null && a is PadsOfTheCuSidhe) || (from.Race==Race.Elf))base.OnDoubleClick(from);
            else    from.SendMessage("You must be elf or wear pads of the Cusidhe to mount this!");    
        }

public override void GenerateLoot()
        {
            AddLoot( LootPack.FilthyRich );            
        }

public override int GetIdleSound()
        {
            return 1399;
        }

public override int GetDeathSound()
        {
            return 1397;
        }

public override int GetAttackSound()
        {
            return 1398;
        }

public override int GetHurtSound()
        {
            return 1401;
        }

public override int GetAngerSound()
        {
            return 0x577;
        }

public override int Meat{ get{ return 3; } }
        public override int Hides{ get{ return 5; } }
        public override HideType HideType{ get{ return HideType.Barbed; } }
        public override FoodType FavoriteFood{ get{ return FoodType.Meat | FoodType.FruitsAndVegies; } }
        public override int TreasureMapLevel { get { return 5; } }    
        public override bool IsMLCreature { get { return true;} }         

public CuSidhe( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
        {
        }

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
        {
            base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
        }

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
        {
            base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
        }
    }
}

aeonnadir

Wanderer

ack-sync-request;429229 said:
They are working on Duke Nukem Forever, once that's done, we may have ML.

Man. I did not intend for my post to invite this sort of completely unproductive flaming. I know who you are, I know you've been banned from here before for the same sort of comments, and I'm sorry that I've been involved in it, in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.