UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

what makes roleplay die?

Eomir

Sorceror
Re: what makes roleplay die?

Of course abm knows how to rp with others! He is a hybrid moderator, which indicates he has had a lot of experience in dealing with all types of hybrid players. I didn't post in order to bash him or anything and if i came across that way then i'm sorry. I just wanted to help other people that don't have a clue on how to "safely" (its never really safe) interact with the orcs. If anyone else has suggestions on how to have good interactions with rpers in general i would love to hear them.

Caz

Knight

Eomir;1299238 said:
Of course abm knows how to rp with others! He is a hybrid moderator, which indicates he has had a lot of experience in dealing with all types of hybrid players. I didn't post in order to bash him or anything and if i came across that way then i'm sorry. I just wanted to help other people that don't have a clue on how to "safely" (its never really safe) interact with the orcs. If anyone else has suggestions on how to have good interactions with rpers in general i would love to hear them.

There's no safe way to rp with orcs :3 Just be prepared to lose a few limbs while you're at it.

They eat trolls, you know.

Eomir

Sorceror

Caz;1299654 said:
There's no safe way to rp with orcs :3 Just be prepared to lose a few limbs while you're at it.

They eat trolls, you know.

Bwhahahaha! You got a point there Caz. Rping with the orcs is well... rping with orcs! Trying to rp with them myself has gotten me an axe in the back on some occassions. However this only occured because I was arguing with a pug about whether my music was good enough to be considered tribute. Even then i just go get raised by some npc healer and then recollect my stuff. They don't loot rpers. Either that or i had nothing of worth to them on my person.

Moyvin

Wanderer

Truthfully, there really needs to be a balance here. There is a place for 'attack on sight' rpers, and there is a place for diplomatic, or not combatant rpers. If you don't have balance between the two, you get extremely boring dialogue that gets old real fast.

If you have too much combat it becomes just as obnoxious, and basically becomes like someone said 'pks that talk funny'. There should be a story behind the tensions between two people, there should be actions aside from being killed over and over again that would cause another person to hate the other.

The orcs on the other hand can easily be 'attack on sight' roleplayers, BUT they can also take hostages. Steal a bunch of goods from towns, and caravans, and just cause general havoc aside from killing you when they see you.

I think the problem is there is no structure here, no one that wants to write back stories to follow, and if they are the other rpers aren't cooperating as they should.

The problem is there no well defined rules of how UOG world works.

If, for example, RP world rules follow usual game rules, then nothing would stop you from murdering people left and right because there is no much of consequence.

If RP world do not follow usual game rules and has own additional mechanics, it should be all properly described in the form of "what you should know about UOG Britannia world before you RP" - the basic information that every character in the world knows.

Ie instead of vaguely sayin "you can not just murder anybody!", it should be properly described, why exactly.

Phyrex

Page

I'm semi-glad I left during the Baronship of Cove's prime time.
BoC and the Pirates Guild I ran have been the two most awesome Guilds I've ever Roleplayed with and in, not only because I lead them, but because of the roleplaying we got rolling.