UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

what makes roleplay die?

kio123

Knight
what makes roleplay die?

im just curious. i heard roleplay used to be great in here. what happaned to all the people played at that time? wouldnt imbus be a success if rp wasnt dead?

Re: what makes roleplay die?

If it didn't die Imbus probably would have. I think it probably had something to do with attendance, and lack of participation or griefing, but not sure.

Retro

Wanderer

imbus died because it was far too big for the small amout of roleplayers on the server. and it didnt help when some of the big guild like orcs didnt pay any attention to it.

selo

Wanderer

Roleplaying dies when players expect everything from staff and are too lazy to make this work themselves. Also their attitude, some roleplayers on this shard, myself included, have a cocky - listen - to - noone attitude and that does not help at all.

Cloud Flyer

Wanderer

sorry, might be a noob question, but what/where is imbus? i miss the olg guard rp guild, anyone know if thats still around?

Nienor

Wanderer

Imbus is going ot be closed really soon so there is no point traveling there no Rp guilds use it.

Roleplay dies and it will revive. Alot of people get bored and the community is so small and spread out all over the world. Hopefully with the release of the Islands alot more Rp will be on hybrid again.

The best chance you have of roleplaying is to to head to the last bastion of rp left and that is in the town Yew.

krump_king

Sorceror

Imbus Is Gone Made Me [e cry And Guardsmen Are No Longer On This Shard I Think They Went Back To OSI

Orcs didn't use imbus because it was made too difficult to get to inbus. Plus, a majority of orchish RP involves fending off humans. Those were pretty much non-existant in inbus. Also, everyone in that has ever played ultima online who knows anything about RP orcs knows that Yew orc fort = RP'd orcs.

I remember my favorite orchish moniker for inbus. "Skahbus." A close second goes to "Skah Uzg."

On topic: Roleplay is on a semi-decline because of the time of the year. Stressful part of the school year and all. If you want to find roleplay... check the area between the Yew orc fort and the Yew guard tower. If you want to have a meaningful conversation with an orc without getting killed on sight, get off your mount before you approach and offer something shiny, food or cyder. If you have a live mount, it might get killed, so be warned.

Or, avoid orcs and talk to your friendly local militia man or woman.

Green Jelly

Wanderer

Honestly I don't think building islands is going to work I think just letting people use their own areas across the world works better like the savages had the Cove Savage Fort and Bloodclan has the Yew Orc Fort. Knights and stuff can have the towers all over the roads etc.

Roleplaying died because of griefers.

Eomir

Sorceror

Roleplaying isn't dead! It's growing!!!

Up with rpers!!!!

Down with Griefers!!!!

Arven

Wanderer

Griefers killed RP, plain and simple.

And it's sad, because it's exactly what they set out to do.

Green Jelly;1294268 said:
Honestly I don't think building islands is going to work I think just letting people use their own areas across the world works better like the savages had the Cove Savage Fort and Bloodclan has the Yew Orc Fort. Knights and stuff can have the towers all over the roads etc.

Roleplaying died because of griefers.
Exactly how I feel. I feel using the land we're given now is the best course of action. Creating new lands solely for RPing seems like it is spreading the community too thin just like Imbus did.

Elendili!

Knight

griefers dont affect rp in the slightest bit, it actually makes it better having somone to kill and lewt without roe

i think the absence of rp stuff going down makes it to bland, nobody does rp stories and makes them into events and stuff

Arven

Wanderer

Elendili!;1294764 said:
griefers dont affect rp in the slightest bit, it actually makes it better having somone to kill and lewt without roe

i think the absence of rp stuff going down makes it to bland, nobody does rp stories and makes them into events and stuff

And it is that attitude that is further killing RP. Because of the griefers everyone has to be ready to fight at all times. It's nearly impossible to roleplay a noncombatant character.

It's getting to the point where most of the RP guilds are nothing more than PvP guilds that talk funny.