UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What keeps you playing?

XIQJX

Wanderer
Re: What keeps you playing?

Kyuss said:
After getting drylooted several times today at the brit gy on my newbie character, and having my mount killed, I'm just amazed at the cruelty of some of the people on this shard. I mean cmon.. I got my bone armor looted like 5 times..

It isnt even the fact that they'll loot my shit. I'm past the stage where I care about losing things, since I have the money to recoup.

The thing that bothers me is killing my mount when Im 2 screens away already going to a healer, or spamming "ROFLROFLROFL OWNED BITCH!!!" by 3 guys when my newbie character cant even put up a fight. I wont even get into the relentless res killing

On my main char. I try not to participate in ganks, but rather go for 1vs1 fights. I res anyone who I kill, and I rarely even loot unless the guy was an ass. I'm feeling like an outcast, it seems that everyone tries to outdo the next by how much of a prick they can be.

Is this the point of the game? To piss people off?

What keeps you playing UO? I'm having a hard time finding a reason to continue.

If I kill someone in a gank I don't loot them unless I don't like them or I need something and they have it.

Dufus52

Wanderer

ghostkilla said:
Everyone here was a newb at one point, getting rezzed killed and shit forced me to play good. After a week or so of defending myself 100% of the time I became good. I had by this time died by EVERY means possible on this shard, hence learning how to kill people myself. In the end, i sometimes rez kill people in return favour for all that rez killed me.

But after it's all done, and now i can pvp. I NEVER get rezzed killed, unless I allow it to happen. Keep up the good dying and one day youll be on the other end of the sword.

GHost

I agree totally with this thread. After a while you learn what to do to overcome the griefers. Let me give you a few tips.

While I was training my tamer in Delucia this is what I did. I never carried regs or food or bandages weapons(anything worth stealing). Anytime I was killed there was no reason to go back to my corpse. Sometimes I did for my 21gp instrument. Never give the Reds a murder count for killing you. In many cases this is what they seek. I only give murder counts to blues that kill me because it is an inconvenience to them.

Often they would kill my mount. I would simply tame another. I didn't even heal before I went back out to show them I didn't care. Some would rez kill maybe 3 times, but then gave up for lack of loot. If they were really an asshole I would go out the other end of town for a while and tame.

If you don't want to loose your mount leave it in the stable till it bonds with you. As for luring away a pet, if there are balls of pet summoning here that is the easiest fix for that. Otherwise just follow with your corpse to see what they do with it. As a tamer there is no mount that you can not replace. If it's stats and training make it valuable follow with your ghost. If you are not a tamer your mounts are purchaseable. If you can acquire etheral mounts here, you never loose them.

If you are a new fighter char, simply put, don't take equipment with you that you don't want to loose. Take enough regs to work with but not enough to hurt if you loose them. Save your good armor and weapons for when you are fully trained and less likely to loose them. And join some kind of group for safety. A guild has much to offer you besides safety while out of guard zone. Guildmates can train and educate you, and usually offer any assistance needed.

For the most part there are very many young and immature players here on this shard. Yesterday I had 2 frenzied's guarding me while taming. Some blue comes up and attacks me. My pets start killing him. He runs away grey yelling for help. Lol. Being grey for whatever reason is like bleeding in the water for sharks. If I loot the wrong carcass and turn grey from it, I just hide or run toward the healer to die. Make it not worth while to kill you and you will die less. And yes there are decent Reds out there, but they are few and far between.

rolling

Wanderer

"If I kill someone in a gank I don't loot them unless I don't like them or I need something and they have it."

Heh, if you kill someone and you are the ganker have no fear that everything will be looted (irregardless of if you loot) because the others will.

Playing honorably would dictate that you do not partake of the gank.

What keeps me playing is when 3-4 people decide to target me while I am solo, only to turn tail and run when a friend or two comes to help me out. To top that off, I get called a "ganker" when earlier I was a running newb or some other such derogatory remark.