UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What keeps you playing?

herbage

Wanderer
Re: What keeps you playing?

Testamentx said:
As said previously, most griefers are more than likely nerdy ass virgins in real life so they take their agressions of being outcasted out on people in a game because they know they are invul to real attacks. If they acted that way to people in real life they would probably get their eyes choked out the back of their heads.
All they have to deal with is your shit talking them for it cause threatening them is just as lame as their grifing, although I do have a true story to tell.
When I played Atlantic I knew these 2 guys who were big time rivals, they hated each other in game and one day one of them said he would hunt his house down in real life and beat his ass. Sad, but funny, he actually did and posted a video of it. He beat that nerd bloody as hell. Needless to say, the guy never griefed newbies anymore, I think he quit shortly after from humiliation of some guy finding his real life residence and whooping the shit out of him.
I know that is sad, but so damn funny that someone actually followed through with an E-Threat.

No shit? I would kill to see this. Did they happen to live close by? Or did this dude hop a plane ride half way across the country to whoop some ass? I need details man!

Also who were your chars on ATL? I played back around 99-2002

herbage said:
No shit? I would kill to see this. Did they happen to live close by? Or did this dude hop a plane ride half way across the country to whoop some ass? I need details man!

Also who were your chars on ATL? I played back around 99-2002

The guy who hunted him down was named Oz, GM of the chaos guild "Berserk"
He was from North Carolina.
I was Odin and Catfish from Atlantic. Started there in 98 and quit in 2002.

What happened is that some of the guys in the guild used to have these parties where they would drive to meet each other for a night of partying. The guild only let east coasters in so driving distance was no problem. It just so happened that the guy Alchemi's house was on the way to one of the parties they were having. So they stopped off, waited outside till they spoted him, then jumped him........brutally.
I've long since gotten rid of that PC witht he pics and shit.
I'm trying to find Oz on AIM or ICQ somehow to see if he has em.

As crazy as this story is, it did happen, someonegot threatened over the web and went through with it. lol.

Arturo

Sorceror

MAN my self,my girl friend, roommate, have been there
so ya it sucks, its been like that, there will aways be losser loners
who feel that UO is all they have, so the have to take out there hate
on any one is new..
but hey as long as people like us keep playing
peolpe who understand the meaning of "respect"
things can & will change for the better=]

aSydiK

Sorceror

Testamentx said:
When I played Atlantic I knew these 2 guys who were big time rivals, they hated each other in game and one day one of them said he would hunt his house down in real life and beat his ass. Sad, but funny, he actually did and posted a video of it. He beat that nerd bloody as hell. Needless to say, the guy never griefed newbies anymore, I think he quit shortly after from humiliation of some guy finding his real life residence and whooping the shit out of him.
I know that is sad, but so damn funny that someone actually followed through with an E-Threat.

Wow... that has to be the most retarded thing ever... He beat him up for a game? And you think that the nerd took it too seriously? LMFAO. That's like two little kids fighting over Pokemon Trading Cards...

It is a point that if someone threatens to kick your ass over the internet, there are people who will go to the extreme of actually doing it. They were in thier early 20s at the time btw.
Case in point to the story I posted.
Sad? very, funny too? very.

Aliss

Sorceror

Ya well... i totaly agree with all of you...
Some people are so mean and evil on uogamers,
sometime i cant even believe it.... Just the other days... I was talking on msn with one of my friend, and he wanted to leave the shard because some stupid bitchs lured his bonded pets (puremare and WW) into a boat and killed them....... Its just so stupid, and the Gm couldnt do anything about it

Its like, wtf.... why would somebody would do such thing... I cant even think of a good reason....... I think people like that should get their account ban, because they lower the quality of the shard, lot of people doesnt like uogamers because of all that shit...

We should put a black list of people like that...

mushhking

Wanderer

didnt read the big ass post's but what keeps me playing is....nothing i quit all the damn time but what makes me come abck is teh pvp, no other game even comes close :D

jagpanzer

Wanderer

What keeps you playing?

I'd agree with mushking here. After a decade of refinement, UO pvp is akin to fast-paced battle chess. Also, I can't think of any other game where the element of risk/reward is as emphasized. Once you're out of the gz, you and everything you're carrying is fair game - but the same thing applies to everyone else.

As for the people who enjoy griefing, they're just part of the package. Like a choru/pepsi post on these forums, they're meant to be ignored, skimmed past, and forgotten as the mindless fluff they are. :eek:

Here's a good 'in-game' example -- I was outside glow yesterday on my tank mage (just inside the guard zone) and 3 reds were outside para ganking newbs and laughing about it. When they saw me not coming out - they called me a faggot newb, and told me to make a pvp template. When I said I would be willing to fight them 1v1, or even 2v1 -- but NOT 3v1, the 'leader' of the group (named Sniz) took offense, called me more names, and challenged me to a duel.

I beat him easily... and he called me a newb, and said my template was newb as well. It didn't matter that HE had challenged ME...

Some of the things that have been told to me by the 'major' pvp guilds on this server include:

1. You're a newb if you lose.
2. You're a newb if you win.
3. You're a newb if you chug pots.
4. You're a newb if you don't chug pots.

The logic is flawless.

My advice is to hook up with some of the decent people who play on this shard (they do exist) and have fun. Far too many people take this game and what happens in it on a personal level, and just end up the worse for it.

joey2ultima

Sorceror

Everyone here was a newb at one point, getting rezzed killed and shit forced me to play good. After a week or so of defending myself 100% of the time I became good. I had by this time died by EVERY means possible on this shard, hence learning how to kill people myself. In the end, i sometimes rez kill people in return favour for all that rez killed me.

But after it's all done, and now i can pvp. I NEVER get rezzed killed, unless I allow it to happen. Keep up the good dying and one day youll be on the other end of the sword.

GHost

When I think of rez killing, I always blame the person who dies, you shouldn't rez there.....simple. If you do, at least have some recal charges in a runebook to immediatly leave. Use the stuck option. Find the next nearest healer.
You choosing to rez where the killer is just puts your own self in the situation to get killed again.

Testamentx said:
When I think of rez killing, I always blame the person who dies, you shouldn't rez there.....simple. If you do, at least have some recal charges in a runebook to immediatly leave. Use the stuck option. Find the next nearest healer.
You choosing to rez where the killer is just puts your own self in the situation to get killed again.
I've gotta say this...

What you said is right... but shouldn't be. It isnt the fighters fault he wanted to go back to his body to see if his killer left something. If the player gets ressed and goes back, not to loot until the killer is done and not talking shit, the killer shouldn't res kill him. Players shouldn't try to constantly grief on this shard... but they do. Why? Lack of maturity... self-esteem... cant do it in real life.

If you go back to your corpse and talk shit, or loot before the other player is done, you deserve to get killed. If you go back and stand there, say a "good fight" or two, and only approach your corpse when the killer has left, you deserve to live. Players need to respect each other more in this game.

<===>

If you go back to your corpse and talk shit, or loot before the other player is done, you deserve to get killed. If you go back and stand there, say a "good fight" or two, and only approach your corpse when the killer has left, you deserve to live. Players need to respect each other more in this game.

Very true. Also, some people will even be courteous to offer you a gate somewhere. I think that things like seperate the good, mature, respectful players from the immature, griefing, morons wouldn't dare act this way in the real world. Too bad though that the latte of the two outweighs the first example.

GD (D-Squad)

Wanderer

jagpanzer said:
Some of the things that have been told to me by the 'major' pvp guilds on this server include:

1. You're a newb if you lose.
2. You're a newb if you win.
3. You're a newb if you chug pots.
4. You're a newb if you don't chug pots.

The logic is flawless.

I believe the slang the kids are using nowadays is "nub".
Which I'm not sure, but I believe they are making fun of my characters missing limb. :(

It's just like high school all over again.

War Lord said:
I believe the slang the kids are using nowadays is "nub".
Which I'm not sure, but I believe they are making fun of my characters missing limb. :(

It's just like high school all over again.

Pepsi uses "knob" a lot.

Seems like every kid now days like thinking up some new offsrping of an already popular internet lingo. It's the newest cool happening thing.
I've heard newblet, noople, nokka, nubber. There is a huge lack of maturity over the internet.

back in OSI i was a miner to start out, then i turned my character into an archer to defend myself. then they patched. then i became a precasting hally whore. i was grieved like nobodies business, and today- if i see you in your small house macroing- im probably going to kill you because it is early in the morning, im bored and no one else is there to kill. if the population was bigger some of us wouldnt grieve as much. but i have the decency to gate you out, just dont say "you fucking bitchass ganker", cause then i will res kill you.

Dufus52

Wanderer

reflex44 said:
back in OSI i was a miner to start out, then i turned my character into an archer to defend myself. then they patched. then i became a precasting hally whore. i was grieved like nobodies business, and today- if i see you in your small house macroing- im probably going to kill you because it is early in the morning, im bored and no one else is there to kill. if the population was bigger some of us wouldnt grieve as much. but i have the decency to gate you out, just dont say "you fucking bitchass ganker", cause then i will res kill you.

What?! This is the only shard of at least 8 free shards that I have played on that had consistently 700+ players. You aren't going to find a larger player base than this unless you play an OSI shard. Lol.