UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What keeps you playing?

Kyuss-hybrid

Wanderer
What keeps you playing?

After getting drylooted several times today at the brit gy on my newbie character, and having my mount killed, I'm just amazed at the cruelty of some of the people on this shard. I mean cmon.. I got my bone armor looted like 5 times..

It isnt even the fact that they'll loot my shit. I'm past the stage where I care about losing things, since I have the money to recoup.

The thing that bothers me is killing my mount when Im 2 screens away already going to a healer, or spamming "ROFLROFLROFL OWNED BITCH!!!" by 3 guys when my newbie character cant even put up a fight. I wont even get into the relentless res killing

On my main char. I try not to participate in ganks, but rather go for 1vs1 fights. I res anyone who I kill, and I rarely even loot unless the guy was an ass. I'm feeling like an outcast, it seems that everyone tries to outdo the next by how much of a prick they can be.

Is this the point of the game? To piss people off?

What keeps you playing UO? I'm having a hard time finding a reason to continue.

Pope-hybrid

Sorceror
Re: What keeps you playing?

Kyuss said:
After getting drylooted several times today at the brit gy on my newbie character, and having my mount killed, I'm just amazed at the cruelty of some of the people on this shard. I mean cmon.. I got my bone armor looted like 5 times..

It isnt even the fact that they'll loot my shit. I'm past the stage where I care about losing things, since I have the money to recoup.

The thing that bothers me is killing my mount when Im 2 screens away already going to a healer, or spamming "ROFLROFLROFL OWNED BITCH!!!" by 3 guys when my newbie character cant even put up a fight. I wont even get into the relentless res killing

On my main char. I try not to participate in ganks, but rather go for 1vs1 fights. I res anyone who I kill, and I rarely even loot unless the guy was an ass. I'm feeling like an outcast, it seems that everyone tries to outdo the next by how much of a prick they can be.

I really know how you feel on this one. It just seems that there are not many decent people on this shard but I would like to think that the ones who are kind, honorable and decent human beings make up for the vast numbers that are not.

Myself, I tend to write it off to youth and ignorance as I was once a jerk myself a long time ago.

Mustafa

Wanderer

Not everyone is a bastard on this shard... there are some poeple who think its fun to kill newbs... i could see it as being a form of entertainment, but i think entertainment is when you come up to someone that doesn't kill you in 3 hits but doesn't die to you too easily... Some of us here on the shard like to go around to places looking for people killing newbs and then gank them out the ass and see how they feel about it... its most entertaining and amusing. Sometimes i kill newbs for fun on my pker, and then i res them and let have their stuff... And then sometimes i run into bastards houses and see if they are hiding afk and then get on my mage and kill them cause i hate them and take their stuff.

vermi

Wanderer

Kyuss said:

I started a similar thread a few day ago about people killing house macroers in a locked house. My point was why grief kill someone who is afk and gains you no loot (unless of course there is bad blood, that I understand). The answers I was given is much the same as what you are given. Basically, there is just a lot of immature people on this shard who think it's cool to grief people for no reason. Good to hear there is others out there like me. I also would not kill someone's mount. Also, if I pk'd someone in a fairly deserted dungeon like Deciet that's hard to escape from when you're dead, I'd drop them a gate to town. Me personally, I don't get off on griefing people who have not wronged me. Unfortunately, you, me and the others who have replied here seem to be the minority on Hybrid. As I was told by another player in my thread, you pretty much just have to deal with or leave. :(

Kyuss said:

I know exactly what you mean. I played before... and quit for the same reasons. I would come back to the site every now and then... and saw some of the positive changes that were made. The shard is close to being amazing... just a few minor changes away. But... the players this shard pulls are far from respectful.

This reminds me of a few situations that happened last night. Was fighting a mage (on a dexer). The mage decides to go the "para, ex, para, ex" route, and happens to get the kill. Once I fall, he kills my mount, dry loots, and screams "POWNED!". It just makes you wonder...

Also... running around cove, looking for NPC savages. I get attacked by a "rp" savage... and we fight back and fourth. He goes into the structure in the middle... redlined... and BANS me! Bans? How is this RP? Ok. After he bans me, he comes out, get some para blows, and drops me. He dry loots me, kills my mount, and goes for the res kill. Rp?

I'm not complaining by any means... just wondering why players still do things like this. I remember making a group (cavemen) that was built on respectful tactics and enjoyed fighting... not gimp tactics and enjoyed griefing. More people need to do the first...

Once I get enough money, i'ma start a O/C guild that abides by respectful tactics. Hopefuly, it'll encourage people to do the same.

Until then...

<===>

tfi_

Wanderer

Just look at how people respond to this thread and learn from that. Some people are honestly nice. Pope, for example helped my wife unlock a lvl 5 chest and didnt want anything in return. On the other hand some people will just kill a noob-naked character just because they can. Age has nothing to do with it, maturity and general ego does.

The problem is that a lot of these people are probably complete nerds "IRL" and get picked on all day. Their only release is to come on here and flex some e-muscles by res killing and griefing. Everytime it happens to me i just laugh and remember how shitty they must feel when they log off.

tfi_ said:
Just look at how people respond to this thread and learn from that. Some people are honestly nice. Pope, for example helped my wife unlock a lvl 5 chest and didnt want anything in return. On the other hand some people will just kill a noob-naked character just because they can. Age has nothing to do with it, maturity and general ego does.

The problem is that a lot of these people are probably complete nerds "IRL" and get picked on all day. Their only release is to come on here and flex some e-muscles by res killing and griefing. Everytime it happens to me i just laugh and remember how shitty they must feel when they log off.
Bolded for truth.

<===>

hoglegs

Sorceror

People who bitch when they lose something that has no real value..

Losing a fight or items to a group of 5 reds and them calling me noob..

Getting helped out by vets when I started, and in turn helping out new players..

Watching faction kids who think they're hot shit talk shit to eachother in the forums..

Killing AFK bank spammers..

Stealing holiday handouts..

Watching people loot useless items from corpses..

Trapping a chest and laughing when a thief snoops it..

PKing with a pitch fork..

Getting drunk and doing all of this at 3am..

These are a few of my favorite things....I stay to play because it's fun if you actually play and do shit, instead of being the one getting shit done to you.

This... this is what keeps me playing...

Watabou

Knight

One theory I have is that that these griefers were griefed when they were new. Maybe this is all one vicious repeating cycle.

Someone should form a guild to grief known griefers. Maybe it'll teach them what it's like :>?

edit: did i say grief enough

As said previously, most griefers are more than likely nerdy ass virgins in real life so they take their agressions of being outcasted out on people in a game because they know they are invul to real attacks. If they acted that way to people in real life they would probably get their eyes choked out the back of their heads.
All they have to deal with is your shit talking them for it cause threatening them is just as lame as their grifing, although I do have a true story to tell.
When I played Atlantic I knew these 2 guys who were big time rivals, they hated each other in game and one day one of them said he would hunt his house down in real life and beat his ass. Sad, but funny, he actually did and posted a video of it. He beat that nerd bloody as hell. Needless to say, the guy never griefed newbies anymore, I think he quit shortly after from humiliation of some guy finding his real life residence and whooping the shit out of him.
I know that is sad, but so damn funny that someone actually followed through with an E-Threat.

Voodoo Child

Wanderer

^ i find the above hard to believe. I think you were watching Jay and Silent Bob strike back.

on the topic of greifing and whatnot... you can't just look at someone and say, "hey that guy doesnt have reags on him", or "sure he's stealthing around but i'm sure he wouldnt steal from ME". so killing naked newbie chars can't be chalked down to ignorance nor greifing so easily. Besides when you're out killing shit who needs a noob runnin around getting in the way and maybe looting YOU if you happen to die.

I don't like griefing btw, but sometimes people miss things that should be obvious.

Voodoo Child said:
^ i find the above hard to believe. I think you were watching Jay and Silent Bob strike back.

on the topic of greifing and whatnot... you can't just look at someone and say, "hey that guy doesnt have reags on him", or "sure he's stealthing around but i'm sure he wouldnt steal from ME". so killing naked newbie chars can't be chalked down to ignorance nor greifing so easily. Besides when you're out killing shit who needs a noob runnin around getting in the way and maybe looting YOU if you happen to die.

I don't like griefing btw, but sometimes people miss things that should be obvious.

Find it hard to believe or not :rolleyes:

It isn't impossible for someone to locate a person's house, I said it was sad, dumb, yet funny, but it is true. Wish I still had my old PC with the vdi and pics.
As for the Jay and Silent Bob crap, I happen to not like them so let's keep the sarcasm in this forum down, it leads to flames which are against the rules.
I happen to know both the gys and the rivalry, well back then I did, haven't spoken to either since I quit OSI.

If you had played Atlantic and knew of a guild called Berserk and a guy name Alchemie, you would know of the story, everyone had pics and the video of it back then.
The guy slipped up and gave his telephone number to the wrong person, that is how the other eventually found his house.

DapperDan

Sorceror

Killing noobs in the GY then looting all their armor 5 times and killing their mount keeps me playing. Ownd 3v1 What now?

herbage

Wanderer

Griefing builds character.

When i first started out on OSI it was hard to leave town without getting ganked a screen away from the guards