UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What do you think would make Demise better?

Re: What do you think would make Demise better?

elaborating on my thought, maybe some links to topshards on the forum to gain more exposure

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

darthjesus;334859 said:
elaborating on my thought, maybe some links to topshards on the forum to gain more exposure

Negative. Our goal is and always will be, to be as OSI like as we can with the resources available to us. Posting links to other shards will result in post deletion and if it continues it could result in forum bans.

SRC_Caine;334862 said:
Negative. Our goal is and always will be, to be as OSI like as we can with the resources available to us.

not sure how that relates

SRC_Caine;334862 said:
Posting links to other shards will result in post deletion and if it continues it could result in forum bans.

i just thought it was odd how demise is the only UOGamers shard that doesnt participate in connectuo or topshards rankings

marcusstone

Sorceror
Re: What do you think would make Dem

Miniel;334844 said:
Hmm you should see what it says on the post what do you think would make demise a better.. so i just gave my opinion wasnt anything harmfuill just responding to the post.. i have been gone longer then that so but unfortanatly i play on the osi.. and i do know all of what you mentioned.. so just relax take a breathe and calm down...

Only reason for me saying that is what i felt be nice to make the game better.. i been around along time both on osi and this shard and i rather see it here then on osi.. much nicer atmosphere for one...and more enjoyable to play knowing that the staff are keeping this shard clean of hackers...
Wasn't trying to be a dick, but the admins have to hear people complain about no ML all the time... Heck, I'm not admin, and I am getting sick of it myself... Sometimes it seems like people have no clue (Myself included sometimes) how much work goes in to running a shard... I know a little better then some, because I had plans of starting my own shard, and spent a lot of time working on it via run uo... I ended up giving up, because I couldn't balance work and real life with the time it was taking to get my shard up and running... Now take into consideration that these admin folks work on this shard during the time they aren't working their normal jobs, and dispite the little quirks it may have, it functions a heck of a lot better then some shards, and pretty darn close to OSI. Then take into consideration how much material ML contains, and how long that would take someone that codes maybe 4-6 hours a day max, after working all day...
Don't get me wrong, I want ML just as much as anyone else, but I don't see it happening anytime soon, unless someone wins the lottery and can spend 8 hours a day coding...
That said, I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it, and I apologize... You're right, this thread was created for opinions, so I was in the wrong to jump your case about it...

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

darthjesus;334872 said:
not sure how that relates

i just thought it was odd how demise is the only UOGamers shard that doesnt participate in connectuo or topshards rankings

My mistake, I read it as you wanted to post links to OTHER top shards.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

SRC_Caine;334879 said:
My mistake, I read it as you wanted to post links to OTHER top shards.

lol, I think that hybrid is in uotop200 isn't it? But i do agree that hybrid and demise should be added to the connect uo lineup, i know that alot of people currently check that site for new shards to play on, and if they see uo:demise l33t sk33t fun, theyll be like count me in!

= more fun for everyone?

hybrid and divinity are usually in the top 10 ranked shards

demise isnt even listed

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

I hereby nominate LC for a promotion? She seems to be on the ball, if you know what i mean ;)

LadyCrimson;334751 said:
there is already a no guard zone in fel... its called Buc's Den.

:)

try telling blues that....... its hard enough for them to grow a pair to enter fel let alone leave a guard zone :eek:

The Devil's Advocate;334936 said:
try telling blues that....... its hard enough for them to grow a pair to enter fel let alone leave a guard zone :eek:

Grow a pair of WHAT sir?

HMMMMMMMMMMMM? PLEASE, elaborate for me.

A pair of.................................... WHAT?!

LadySiren

Wanderer

What I would love to see (on OSI first, so it woud come here) is a change that makes a huge change to the base resists of different armour types.
Metal armours should have a much more important part to play, as they did in old-school UO, and do so in many other RPG-style games.
I find UO on the whole to be a very thorough and well-thought out RPG, with this being the key exception.
Maybe even having base reflect physical, less stamina loss when hit, etc would make this aspect a lot more 'realistic'.

But that aside, thats what I think would make UO better, and as Demise is UO for me, that is my 'suggestion'.