UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What do you think would make Demise better?

hickman48

Knight
Re: What do you think would make Demise better?

but there arnt enuff players with balls to go there

like me uIu but at leaset ill admit it

marcusstone

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;334755 said:
But we can't implement testicular fortitude hehe
I could implement testicluar fortitude if I was a seer, but then again, I'm just good like that...

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

hmmmm good luck to you on that *laughs*

may I refer you back to the "quote of the day" thread.... in regards to snakes. :)

LC

jrhather

Wanderer

The Devil's Advocate;334736 said:
darts, duel system, instanced corpses, no house hiding, and most of all NO GUARD ZONES in fel or if thats not possible you become insta red when you enter fel
most of this isn't possible for us. don't you listen?

jrhather;333993 said:
Natures Fury is perfect the way it is, in my opinion. Being able to cast a summon *on top* of your target, thus ensuring that your summon engages that specific target, should come with some penalty.
Yep, I agree; I think the increased mana cost for a direct-targeting of the spell makes sense, in my opinion.

jrhather;333993 said:
Would it be too much of a change to have resrobes disintegrate when dropped? It would make for a cleaner looking everything....
I'm actually not certain... Even if it's not quite OSI-like, if there were a simple way to remove their clutter, I'd be in favor of it: like perhaps a 5-minute decay timer for them, or something.

LadyCrimson;334727 said:
sadly, we have to delete event items like that, but I think they are fun while they last. Any opinions on that?
In part... But when they become *too* common, (like the shrouds and chargers from this year's Halloween festival) it feels rather cheap, as half the shard seems to be using them.

Of course, with them I'd like to see a fix so that when they vanish, they don't still take up that follower slot like they did for the past two years. I'm pretty sure all you staff would like that as well, since that would save you a lot of [pages. :p
The Devil's Advocate;334736 said:
NO GUARD ZONES in fel or if thats not possible you become insta red when you enter fel
Denied.

I personally like the system as it is. And no, I'll have you know that in spite of the fact that Rallahn is blue most of the time when in Trammel, they've been guardwhacked quite a few times. Without the guards, no one but the most hardcore people would go there. It'd be like the damage brought by introducing Trammel, only magnified.

EwKa

Page

New loot system.
The current loot system is ridiculous!

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Of course, with them I'd like to see a fix so that when they vanish, they don't still take up that follower slot like they did for the past two years. I'm pretty sure all you staff would like that as well, since that would save you a lot of [pages.
amen :)

luigi-demise;332927 said:
- Increase loot/luck ratio, loot bump?

jrhather;332972 said:
Loot/luck bump would be great....

pkrlz;333299 said:
-Increase loot/luck ratio, loot bump

jrhather;333993 said:
Luck and loot both need to be tweaked.

(and many others...)

I would like to defend the OPPOSITE view on this.

Luck works, and Loot definitely does NOT need to be bumped up (except maybe a couple of very specific cases where the gold amounts are off, making it tough on new players for whom every gp counts...).

OSI began the endless spiral of "giving people what they think they want" with Trammel and Insurance, and they followed it with ever more potent Artifacts, and loot bump after loot bump.

A LOT of people who were once clamouring for all these changes have now finally realized (too late) what a bad idea they were.

[With Trammel & Insurance came tranquility, security and (just like real life...) boredom! - Gone was the risk. Gone was the adrenalin rush and the heart pumping fear and excitement. Leaving your house (refuge from the big bad world outside) was an adventure. Returning safely was a feat to be proud of. Instead - welcome to a fantasy world which began to feel more like Iowa or Kent...]

We value both personal achievements and material items by the effort required to obtain them. You value that 50%HL 50%ML 30%SSI Yumi because it took you a ton of effort to find it. If it was a case of just popping out and killing a Mongbat or three (and therefore EVERYONE ELSE HAS ONE TOO) you wouldn't value it at all. In fact we would just feel the need for Staff to add *insert random hard-to-get über items here* to give us another challenge.

So I say, since there is no going back with Tram and Insurance - let's keep in mind the incredible satisfaction you feel when you do get an awesome item and leave loot as it is...

:)

FE

PS On another note, my vote (only considering things that may be actually possibe) goes to:

Instanced Corpses

Dart Fix

and...

A monthly "Update on the updates/changes" post from Lady C. (Nothing binding, and nothing specific enough to unbalance the economy or give anyone unfair advantages, just some kind of "these are our priorities and this is what we are working on").

(Lady C. - I honestly think that your recent post on this subject did more in one paragraph to put a smile on people's faces than just about anything else Staff could do bar actually announcing implementation itself...)

Miniel

Wanderer

what would i like to see.. them finally inplementing the expansion so that can enjoy the full benife tof the game. then only pieces of it.. thank you that was my responce you all have a great day...

Steven_Greer

Sorceror

Fix Darts, instanced corpses, Make it so u cant make house to fight like man then worry about ml :mad:

marcusstone

Sorceror

Miniel;334824 said:
what would i like to see.. them finally inplementing the expansion so that can enjoy the full benife tof the game. then only pieces of it.. thank you that was my responce you all have a great day...
Only been back a couple months, and posts like this are already starting to piss me off a bit... I could run through the whole "OSI has a room of developers, Demise doesn't" crap, but instead I will just say, if you want to play ML, then stop being cheap and actually pay for your account...
Meanwhile the rest of us cheap folks will enjoy what we got, until developers get the chance to code everything...:eek:
(I deserve a pat on the back for this post)

Miniel

Wanderer
Re: What do you think would make Dem

marcusstone;334829 said:
Only been back a couple months, and posts like this are already starting to piss me off a bit... I could run through the whole "OSI has a room of developers, Demise doesn't" crap, but instead I will just say, if you want to play ML, then stop being cheap and actually pay for your account...
Meanwhile the rest of us cheap folks will enjoy what we got, until developers get the chance to code everything...:eek:
(I deserve a pat on the back for this post)

Hmm you should see what it says on the post what do you think would make demise a better.. so i just gave my opinion wasnt anything harmfuill just responding to the post.. i have been gone longer then that so but unfortanatly i play on the osi.. and i do know all of what you mentioned.. so just relax take a breathe and calm down...

Only reason for me saying that is what i felt be nice to make the game better.. i been around along time both on osi and this shard and i rather see it here then on osi.. much nicer atmosphere for one...and more enjoyable to play knowing that the staff are keeping this shard clean of hackers...

Tokko.

Wanderer

fix darts

is staff actually planning on changing this? it's been atleast 6 months with same system.

I think Demise is perfect the way it is! :)

Well, if darts were fixed, then it'd be even more perfect! Inquisitor's Resolution would be pretty cool also.