UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Welcome reds back into towns? suggestion

Reds back in town?

• Total voters
This change was made a few years ago which ran off what little reds we had left besides me at the time. They are still allowed in towns but are not allowed to bank or purchase anything.. I think if this was changed back it would benefit in a few ways....

Newer players will see more pvp/activity in towns where they normally stay
Reds can now feel loved again and encouraged to play
produce more pvp around towns which is not a bad idea at all, not sure who thought it was.
No longer have to go to silly spots to get pouches, mounts.

If anyone can see a downside to having more pvp activity feel free to comment, there hasn't been enough reds for years which is what brings the majority of pvp. After all this was a PvP server, correct? Lets give a reason for people to start playing reds again.

@Suzy @Oenomaus @Montana @whoever else

YewGuards

Sorceror
lol Heavy, I'm glad you keep bringing up important topics. We just have to work on your polls a little, they're a little too this is the only answer. ;)

Hybrid is already too pro red imho. You'll notice other shards flourish with even more red penalties (which I don't want) and Hybrid needs more blue newbies running around. Since reds can already come into town, I think they should be restricted from town killing and keep things the same.

lol Heavy, I'm glad you keep bringing up important topics. We just have to work on your polls a little, they're a little too this is the only answer. ;)

Hybrid is already too pro red imho. You'll notice other shards flourish with even more red penalties (which I don't want) and Hybrid needs more blue newbies running around. Since reds can already come into town, I think they should be restricted from town killing and keep things the same.
How the hell are my picks "a little too this is the only answer" I clearly put OTHER for a reason..,.

I've been back on this server here and there for like a week, I haven't yet seen ANY reds pvping... The more reds we have = the more blues and action we have.. Take one for the team this time and do whats right. Reds are what drives a PvP server, the more action we have the better... For that to happen PvP must be (SEEN) for people to understand it IS happening... I could understand if we had 100's of reds running around wiping every blue in sight out, but it's the total opposite.

Last edited:
I've always thought if you wanted to see town pvp, then it should be restricted to factioners. Else, what's the point of factions? I.E. guarding bases/towns?

And blues have been hugging guard zones for ever. It's a pretty vital mechanic for red vs blue.

YewGuards

Sorceror
I don't see a downside to encouraging reds to pvp. However, I also don't see an upside to giving reds additional benefits or how bank access in town will encourage reds to pvp more. I'm not sure when you log in, but reds seem to wipe out all of the blues at every pvm staff event. Additionally, I see newbs pked simply for walking outside GZ at WBB daily. Not saying this is a problem, but again why should we make red life even easier?

I've always thought if you wanted to see town pvp, then it should be restricted to factioners. Else, what's the point of factions? I.E. guarding bases/towns?

And blues have been hugging guard zones for ever. It's a pretty vital mechanic for red vs blue.
I agree, I would rather see more faction vs faction and guild vs guild in town. I thoroughly enjoy the red vs blue at GZ though, it gives it a siege like experience.

PS: I'll admit the other "comment" option is a nice touch.

BrandonMK

Sorceror
How the hell are my picks "a little too this is the only answer" I clearly put OTHER for a reason..,..

I believe he's referring to your limited poll options and the overall tone. Your options are: "Yes, let them use the towns again, no downsides.", "No to reds and pvp.", and "other "comment"". If a person thinks reds should be allowed but has reservations then there's no option for them. You make it appear as though anyone who chooses no to reds in town is totally against PvP. In reality, that couldn't be further from the truth. You could argue that anyone who has a different viewpoint could choose the third option and just comment. Most people are too lazy to comment. The poll results aren't going to be even remotely accurate.

This is a timeless argument. The majority of people who want reds in town are obviously going to be hardcore PvPers. The majority of the people who don't want reds in town are the purists, PvMers, crafters, and RPers. Of course, you're always going to have those outliers but they're few and far between.

You said "Reds are what drives a PvP server". I was under the impression that this isn't exclusively a PvP server. On the Hybrid webpage it says, "The overall goal for Hybrid is to create an environment that caters to every play style and allows even the casual gamer to enjoy Ultima Online the way it “used to be”." If you're going to cater exclusively to PvP then you're going to bring out the lowest of the low. The population will definitely suffer because, let's face it, a great deal of the griefers and general d-bags are reds. Your PvMers, crafters, and RPers are typically more reserved and a lot nicer. It's not good to deal in absolutes so I will acknowledge that you will find players that do not fit in certain categories alone. Reds are red for a reason; they chose to kill blue characters. They should have to suffer the consequences.

If you want a large and diverse population then things need to be balanced.

This is INFACT a pvp server.. Notice why we have all the FUCK TRAMMIE, banksitting is not a sport, items etc.? That's because Ryan wanted people to get the fuck out of brit and get onto the field and PvP.. Yes we cater to non pvpers, but the main focus of this server is PvP.

I don't care about griefing reds etc.. Allowing reds to purchase items in town such as pouches, and mounts is not going to change anything other than that and showing more activity. I could understand if I was trying to get guard zones dropped but that is not my intentions. The poll is for a fair update, stop being rebellious

This is INFACT a pvp server..
You can't sustain a server on only pvp. There needs to be pvm content that can drive pvp. Having reds run around in brit just takes away the special feel that factions give. If you wanted to get rid of factions, then I could see Reds being allowed to functionally use towns, but unless you want that I don't see the benefits of reds running in town, especially to new players that don't understand what's going on.

If the first interaction I had with a red was somewhere in between brit inn and brit bank, just buying pouches, I highly doubt I'd of had any nostalgic moment and awe of the depth of player interaction, knowing the red couldn't actually kill me in town. You gotta be pk'd at brit graveyard on your first adventure in order to like this game, not nonchalantly walking in between pker's as they vendor.

This change was made a few years ago which ran off what little reds we had left besides me at the time. They are still allowed in towns but are not allowed to bank or purchase anything.. I think if this was changed back it would benefit in a few ways....

Newer players will see more pvp/activity in towns where they normally stay
Reds can now feel loved again and encouraged to play
produce more pvp around towns which is not a bad idea at all, not sure who thought it was.
No longer have to go to silly spots to get pouches, mounts.

If anyone can see a downside to having more pvp activity feel free to comment, there hasn't been enough reds for years which is what brings the majority of pvp. After all this was a PvP server, correct? Lets give a reason for people to start playing reds again.

@Suzy @Oenomaus @Montana @whoever else
+1

You can't sustain a server on only pvp. There needs to be pvm content that can drive pvp. Having reds run around in brit just takes away the special feel that factions give..
Buddy you've got me all wrong, this isnt a discussion about PvM. I said this was just about letting reds use town vendors since they are already allowed into towns. I understand there are other drives to pvp as this thread wasn't created to bash ANY other play style on this server.

The fact of the matter is, the more reds we have, the more activity seen in towns, the more crowd the server draws in. It's not a preference, it's a FACT. How many times have people logged into the server, seen no action around the banks/towns etc and just log right back out. I know I have done it to MANY servers, and I know many players do it here.

If everyone would get their head out of their ass and stop worrying about bashing me, maybe they could sit back for a minute and think outside the box..

We need PvP on this server, I'm sure 95% of the player base "30 people" can agree , little changes like these will add up. This change would have no impact on the current state of the server other than giving a little bit more drive for people to play reds and show activity.

Last edited:
You said "Reds are what drives a PvP server". I was under the impression that this isn't exclusively a PvP server.

So you're saying reds do not play a role in EVERY aspect of this server? People PvM for weapons/armor etc to fight reds, or sell to people who fight reds.... Crafters craft armor/weapons to defend/fight red players, the list goes on and on, and no I'm not saying they do this JUST to kill reds, but they DO play a role.. Without reds this server will not be as fun as it could be, back in the day everyone wanted to be red which was when we had the most population ever. They slowly started nerfing reds out and everyone went to playing blues.

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
The easy fix seems to be disallowing reds in towns and moving faction bases back to their original locations. :awesome:

Additionally, maybe the notoriously murderous areas should have red healers...

The easy fix seems to be disallowing reds in towns and moving faction bases back to their original locations. :awesome:

Additionally, maybe the notoriously murderous areas should have red healers...
So basically you want to run off what little reds are left on the server and cater to just factioners.. Ok.. This is why we cant have banksitters making pvp suggestions

This is my last suggestion thread as Im sick of trammies trying to counter every single post I make. Good luck with your rules