UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Upcoming Server Move

Formater

Knight
Re: Upcoming Server Move

Ryan;1680908 said:
My post wasnt really directed at you... my post was just an in general note for everyone.

:)

I saw a red named Ryan at West Trinny bank with Lord Status and thought I was about to get pwned lol.

Formater

Knight

What is the expected date of the server move or is it still to be announced? I want to make sure vendors are stocked and houses are refreshed.

Formater

Knight

Fat-aaa;1680892 said:
my ping didnt change

Are you sure you pinged the new server? How about you post your dos ping results and tracert for both. It is really unlikely that it did not change at all.
See my first post in this thread.

Dragunov

Wanderer

My provider offers an option called Fastpath. Would that reduce the effective speed ingame?

I mean perhaps it would reduce the ping and increase the packet loss so that the gain is like zero.

Formater

Knight

Dragunov;1680937 said:
My provider offers an option called Fastpath. Would that reduce the effective speed ingame?

I mean perhaps it would reduce the ping and increase the packet loss so that the gain is like zero.

I have no idea what that is. Who is your isp?

Arkado

Wanderer

I think I know why Ryan really wanted the server moved to ohio closer to home. He is in it for himself..... nah i jk jk. I believe that if anyone lags on Ultima Online you should one upgrade from your tandy 3.1 system or two realize that your dial up connection needs an upgrade. I am from Idaho I play on a wirless connection from accross the street. (I am cheap) and have no lag what so ever. On that Note I would like to say anything to cut the bills and continue my UO game time I will cheer for. [E CHEER!

Formater

Knight

Ryan;1680889 said:
Thanks for your support... and expect a knockout raffle to come aroud the corner soon to help pay for this new server :)

Ryan I suggested the other day that you guys take all the houses that are set to ageless with messages like "Donation scammer" and drop them and delete all the stuff in them and then raffle off the plots. Just something to consider.

UOGSales

Wanderer

OLD Min 56 Max 119 Avg 73
13 Hops

NEW Min 78 Max 83 Avg 80
10 Hops

I'll take less fluctuations...

Formater;1680900 said:
I just liked being able to brag that I had about the fastest ping to the server.
i hate to break it to you........but

meh ill be going to about 45-50 ping after the move. it shouldnt make much of a difference

Hangell

Wanderer

Arkado;1680943 said:
I think I know why Ryan really wanted the server moved to ohio closer to home. He is in it for himself..... nah i jk jk. I believe that if anyone lags on Ultima Online you should one upgrade from your tandy 3.1 system or two realize that your dial up connection needs an upgrade. I am from Idaho I play on a wirless connection from accross the street. (I am cheap) and have no lag what so ever. On that Note I would like to say anything to cut the bills and continue my UO game time I will cheer for. [E CHEER!

^ truth. UO doesn't even take half a computer to run. Ohio is right below Michigan... yahoo~

Formater

Knight

JesseJane;1680975 said:
i hate to break it to you........but

meh ill be going to about 45-50 ping after the move. it shouldnt make much of a difference

Ya I already saw your ping and your right it wont affect game play much.
It makes since to kind of center the server in the middle of the States. Makes it more fair for everyone.

Dragunov

Wanderer

My Provider is Deutsche Telekom.

I found something to Fastpath on the German Wikipedia. It must be some kind of disabling the error correction. They disable the interleaving (Interleaving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) so that the latency will be lower. From 80ms to 20-40ms.

But will that also be beneficial for the UOG servers?

Mark

Knight

Dragunov;1681057 said:
My Provider is Deutsche Telekom.

I found something to Fastpath on the German Wikipedia. It must be some kind of disabling the error correction. They disable the interleaving (Interleaving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) so that the latency will be lower. From 80ms to 20-40ms.

But will that also be beneficial for the UOG servers?

You can read about the difference between them here: What is meant by 'FastPath' and 'Interleaving'? What is a 'Noise Profile'? AT&T Southeast Forum FAQ - dslreports.com

Because stability and low loss are more important than latency I wouldn't recommend seeking a change unless your signal levels are close to perfect. It would only affect your first hop latency anyway.

sweet i live like 2 hours from Cincinnati..... if that maybe less its been a long time since i been there tbh

Mark

Knight

GasMask;1681188 said:
yea i live in lancaster ohio. This Rocks, for me!

Your latency will probably be around 40ms if you play from the same connection you post with.