UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOG: Divinity... What's the Big Fuss About?

Warlox

Wanderer
Re: UOG: Divinity... What's the Big Fuss About?

ok you guys convinced me, Divinity roxors! I just wonder how fun it is though with all these people posting and hanging out on Hybrid forums...

<---- Divinity boards are that way.. Go knock Hybrid over there. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Hybrid > Divinity

leftclick

Sorceror

They are both RunUO shards, let whoever play wherever they please, IMO.
As long as both are being supported by large playerbases, then I see nothing wrong with both shard being equally loved.

Ajax

Lord

Testament;1617425 said:
They are both RunUO shards, let whoever play wherever they please, IMO.
As long as both are being supported by large playerbases, then I see nothing wrong with both shard being equally loved.

QFT.... this guy leftclick thinks its a fucking competition dividing two shards ran by the same team, stfu mang eh?

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

LeGiOn-hybrid;1617249 said:
Or wait to you piss off that group of 20 people who decide to camp your house 24/7 rendering the house pointless for about a month. Happens a lot to forum warriors I hear...

My house was looted twice shortly after 2.0 came out. One of my coowners never played pre-ren, and the other two of us were pretty rusty. It sucked.. we didnt' lose a lot, but we didn't have a lot, either. Since then, we've gotten a lot smarter about security, and have had a number of thieves attempt to loot us. None have succeeded.

We now have a tower, a two story, four tents, and four small houses. Most are together in one substantial village; a few in key resource gathering and PvP hotspots scattered throughout the world. We have redundant supplies in multiple locations, and the houses which are not in the village are kept non-descript. If any of our houses contain runes to each other, they're in places that only coowners can access them.

There is no lack of house security. It kind of sucks at first when you realize you need to "strategically decorate" your house, but it grows on you. I'm more fond of my spartan tower on Divinity than my garish one on Hybrid.

Warlox

Wanderer

Not having mounts does nothing, that just means instead of everyone riding mounts, everyone walks and runs on foot. Essentially it is the same problem just at foot speeds...

Warlox;1617590 said:
Not having mounts does nothing, that just means instead of everyone riding mounts, everyone walks and runs on foot. Essentially it is the same problem just at foot speeds...

It is harder to offscreen on foot.

Winged

Wanderer

Couldn't that make mages overpowered? I mean if a warrior cant offscreen...

timepants

Wanderer

not so much, spell targeting ranges are still the same, and the fact that a mage has to stop moving for a few seconds to cast offensive spells or heal, makes it easy to move out of that range, if not offscreen.

Winged

Wanderer

ur kidding me? what makes you think divinity won't have gank squads? mages have huge advantage if you cannot offscreen quickly becaue spells still land instantly. The fuzz will end when the gank squads emerge or when the "millionaires" move on to divinity because whats the point in being rich among the rich? you wanna be rich around the poor. That eventually balances out and they will come running back to hybrid.

leftclick

Sorceror

Ajax;1617426 said:
QFT.... this guy leftclick thinks its a fucking competition dividing two shards ran by the same team, stfu mang eh?

I like to think it is..
wats the prob?

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Warriors don't have to offscreen to win. It's balanced.

wwebb

Sorceror

Warlox;1617590 said:

It actually balances the playing field and allows someone on 56k to compete with someone on broadband.

Also, not at Warlox, but at the people saying the inability to offscreen kills dexer templates - you're playing shitty dexers or you just suck at playing them. And if you think you can't offscreen on divinity, you obviously haven't played there.

Divinity has a few problems IMO for sure. Hybrid, well I could make a list from here to next week.

Enjoy hybrid if you like, IMO it's a glorified teen chat room. My houses here fell a few days ago, hope you guys enjoyed the loot.

the illest2

Wanderer

leftclick;1617422 said:

i remember back when divinity had no more than 200 people online they would come into our irc (#uogamers) and talk shit on hybrid and how just because it has more people doesnt make it better, now they get a few extra people on more than us and all of a sudden having more people is a valid way to compare the greatness of both shards, i thought that since they had their own population now they would stop downtalking hybrid, but as someone previously pointed out "if divinity is so fun why are they on hybrid forums" well theres a simple answer to that, they are hoping to steal new players away by flaunting divinity as the obvious better choice for anyone new to the uogamers network, they fail to mention divinity has been successful for not even a year yet, while hybrid has had almost a 1000 on at all times for almost 5 years...