UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO Revelation Beta screen shots

ickyfloyd

Sorceror
I get everything ur saying about playerbase....but if it were hyped a bit, don't people come out of the woodwork for the rush of equal fresh starts? Won't just be our woodwork ;)

Bottom line, keeps ryan interested and around a bit :D

Silly Santa

Sorceror
last thing we need is another shard to yet again split the entire remaining uo gamers population. 450 client average during the day on hybrid will now become like 250 on hybrid and 250 on this new server. how about we just have one shard? and consolidate the populations?

those pics do look nice tho.. :eek::eek::eek:

I couldn't agree more. Having played Hybrid for over 7 years... the last thing we need is for hybrid's current player base to be split up and drop even more than it already has... those pics do look nice tho and it looks like a lot of hard work went into it... I just think it would have been cool if those updates were applied to hybrid tho, not a new shard.

edit: looking at this in a different perspective... I would be curious to see how many vets would quit hybrid to go to the new shard... because im sure a lot of them would not want to start all over again on a different shard, myself included

White Lotus

Sorceror
ryan should give players on hybrid an option to turn in hybrid gold in exchange for skillballs, regs, pots, or "one of a kind" items on revolation. Im sure then alot of the established hybrid players would be more inclined to give revelation a chance. people still play hybrid cuz they are set they get on and are ready to pvp..alot of pvpers dont want to have to go threw days of effort to even be able to fight.

ickyfloyd

Sorceror
ryan should give players on hybrid an option to turn in hybrid gold in exchange for skillballs, regs, pots, or "one of a kind" items on revolation. Im sure then alot of the established hybrid players would be more inclined to give revelation a chance. people still play hybrid cuz they are set they get on and are ready to pvp..alot of pvpers dont want to have to go threw days of effort to even be able to fight.

I like this idea...make an announcement w/no mention of specifics...would boost shard activity quite a bit! Then put Tessa in charge of putting the final touches on Revelation, the sumbitch will never open! Win! :D lol sorry I love Tessa :)

Sounds good, minus one of a kinds.

Limit it to consumables so it doesn't have a lasting effect on the new server.

i think the shard will do fine i doubt much will happen to hybrid considering players can open two clients one to be afk on hybrid and one to actually play uo on revaltions. i think its funny too how the main reason people wont go to rev is because they would have to actually play ultima it seems everyone forgot that uo is a mmorpg and think its a neon color trading simulator with some sort of fucked up gangbang right outside of town for all to join or just talk shit about on the forums like they were there directing the dvda scene

i think the shard will do fine i doubt much will happen to hybrid considering players can open two clients one to be afk on hybrid and one to actually play uo on revaltions. i think its funny too how the main reason people wont go to rev is because they would have to actually play ultima it seems everyone forgot that uo is a mmorpg and think its a neon color trading simulator with some sort of fucked up gangbang right outside of town for all to join or just talk shit about on the forums like they were there directing the dvda scene
IKR people are lazy, like i said before it takes VERY little to be able to pvp, and if the skill gain is like hybrid takes a day of macros to get 7x.. They just don't want to leave their precious pixels behind.

No thanks this would be retarded, it would destroy the economy before the shard even started.. It would also take away tons of donation money if they have donations on Revelations.

IKR people are lazy, like i said before it takes VERY little to be able to pvp, and if the skill gain is like hybrid takes a day of macros to get 7x.. They just don't want to leave their precious pixels behind.

No thanks this would be retarded, it would destroy the economy before the shard even started.. It would also take away tons of donation money if they have donations on Revelations.
i feel like hybrid dont have real ultima players the original players were fans of ultima and d&d the new young players care about the competition that pvp provides they dont care about why they are pvping and even sometimes how they pvp they just want to kill get neons and talk retarded shit instead of making a better purpose to play instead they wanna blame the people running the shard because they seem to lost their lust to satisfy these ungrateful uncreative bastards just wanting and wanting instead of building something for them selves

im gonna stop because my point was made at "i feel like hybrid"

SlayN-ATL

Squire
last thing we need is another shard to yet again split the entire remaining uo gamers population. 450 client average during the day on hybrid will now become like 250 on hybrid and 250 on this new server. how about we just have one shard? and consolidate the populations?

those pics do look nice tho.. :eek::eek::eek:
Not to mention splitting the rarely seen staff. We can't even get events from 6 months ago finished as it is.

kdivers

Knight
Once they tweak the magic drops, crafting will actually be worthwhile again! Unlike on hybrid, where force weapons are so common, people dont even bother to loot them :p

They opened up revelations once before and people left hybrid for it, hybrid survived and eventually rev came down (didn't try it, wasn't playing much on the computer at that time frame) so i doubt this will be a nail in the coffin scenario. However, the whole starting from scratch thing is not as big a deter-ant as people want to believe. Even if it's not fast gain, if the risk/reward is great enough people will play it.

Think of the people who have endless stock on hybrid - doesn't that pretty much mean you have perma-stock or aka blessed stock but on a 'timer' of sorts meaning all the longer it takes you to res and hit your restock macro. So would perma unending stock do anything but decrease the down time? But who of you would want perma stock? That would be incredibly trammish, but yet that is the reality of most people on hybrid, they have unlimited stock and as such have lost all sense of the risk and have eliminated the reward which is one of the most pivotal moments of UO. Starting over brings back risk vs. reward which is the corner stone of success to UO (if you ask me) and it is that drive that will get more people than you might think starting over for some fresh excitement.

Just as long as donations either do not exist for in game things or only exist to the degree of finishing up a character's stats and skills it should be fine, if they let donations affect the economy its game over and will be just like hybrid is now in a few years time. Only time will tell, but i say lets stay optimistic.

Darkarna

Sorceror
I may have missed the post but is there any idea of the speed in which skills will gain on revelations? I'm kinda in two minds about slow gains but can see the problem in fast gains.

Tobias

Sorceror
I like this idea...make an announcement w/no mention of specifics...would boost shard activity quite a bit! Then put Tessa in charge of putting the final touches on Revelation, the sumbitch will never open! Win! :D lol sorry I love Tessa :)

ROFL. We would probably get our items in about..... lets see 2034? :p

Abhorsen

Knight
I wonder if this will be an exact repeat of last time, you know, where the shard got shut down after months of no work being done?

Credibility just isnt there for the time investment. fool me once and i dont sometimes get fooled again.