UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO Revelation Beta screen shots

Death To You

Sorceror
last thing we need is another shard to yet again split the entire remaining uo gamers population. 450 client average during the day on hybrid will now become like 250 on hybrid and 250 on this new server. how about we just have one shard? and consolidate the populations?

those pics do look nice tho.. :eek::eek::eek:
I would think a lot more then just Hybrid players will come to revelations. For there to be one shard then they would have to remove Hybrid since they're not going to delete all the effort they have put into a new shard, and people are still going to want to play Hybrid. Revelations is not just a copy of Hybrid, it has a completely different custom map and ruleset. I think Revelations will revitalize uogamers and give people a reason to play uo again.

FacePump

Knight
I guess ill stop posting just figured it was neat and I would share with ya. I didnt think sharing it would bring this much animosity . I cannot foresee this killing hybrid. but that's me.. ive been hearing about the 'end of hybrid' since I started here and 100players online was a great day.. you may be skeptical but I am not.

and the gates btw are for the testers to get to the dungeons/bases/places easier

Tobias

Sorceror
I'm in a bit of dilemma.
I tried other servers than Hybrid, and I kept coming back because I had everything I needed.
I had my 7x chars, I had my castle and 18x18s and the stock I needed.

I dislike farming, and I dislike the fact that I have to start over on a new server, and play, lets say 20 hours non-stop for me to get a castle and a good placement.
It also depends if Revelation have the newer skills, bushido, necromancy etc, because those skills surely does suck.

Ill check it out for sure, looks fun. I for one, enjoy the basics and starting and getting established, that is why I have started fresh on Hybrid 4 or 5 times over the years.

I hope this custom server brings people from other servers, to get a fresh new UO feel, not just with a new shard with the same thing they have been playing for years and years, but a new world and content to discover and learn.

Even if it brings people in for them to check it out, and it is not quite what they are looking for, maybe they will try out Hybrid or Demise.

Trevor

Knight
only way i would start fresh is if the system was easier for a couple weeks like double skill gain. Then maybe i would. Also no donating for gold and the stuff you get from the donations are nontransferable.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Nice screenshot. But, for me, it is just some pixels change.

If the shard moves to Europe, Asia or Australia, I may re-invent the wheel to start over. :)

only way i would start fresh is if the system was easier for a couple weeks like double skill gain. Then maybe i would. Also no donating for gold and the stuff you get from the donations are nontransferable.
Maybe the skill gains will be like hybrid and really fast.

I take it there is a ton more stuff added since the last revelation, but how big is the world going to be? smaller than normal, larger, or about the same?

last thing we need is another shard to yet again split the entire remaining uo gamers population. 450 client average during the day on hybrid will now become like 250 on hybrid and 250 on this new server. how about we just have one shard? and consolidate the populations?

those pics do look nice tho.. :eek::eek::eek:

I agree 100% Hybrid just needs someone to show it a lil love. I def wont be starting over...

I guess ill stop posting just figured it was neat and I would share with ya. I didnt think sharing it would bring this much animosity . I cannot foresee this killing hybrid. but that's me.. ive been hearing about the 'end of hybrid' since I started here and 100players online was a great day.. you may be skeptical but I am not.

and the gates btw are for the testers to get to the dungeons/bases/places easier

I think it's nice that you took the time to post those pics for everyone. But u cant be surprised ppl are posting about not wanting to start over & whats going to happen to Hybrid... Most the ppl that still play have been there for years & years or since the start & i think are concerned about how low the population is, & what the future of hybrid is. myself included.

I know, what would everyone do without their pixels they worked so hard/paid so much for!

Screw even giving it a shot to try out the pvp and the sweet custom factions, may as well stay here and bitch about current pvp, because at least we will have our pixels!!!

Trevor

Knight
I know, what would everyone do without their pixels they worked so hard/paid so much for!

Screw even giving it a shot to try out the pvp and the sweet custom factions, may as well stay here and bitch about current pvp, because at least we will have our pixels!!!
The big thing is alot of people started playing hybrid when they had alot of free time. I used to be in middle school when i started and had all the time in the world now i would never have time to farm dungeons for hours. On hybrid all i do is just log on and grab some stuff out of my stock and i am good to go. I will never have to farm a day again on hybrid.

The big thing is alot of people started playing hybrid when they had alot of free time. I used to be in middle school when i started and had all the time in the world now i would never have time to farm dungeons for hours. On hybrid all i do is just log on and grab some stuff out of my stock and i am good to go. I will never have to farm a day again on hybrid.
I think it has been so long since a lot of people started, they forget how little you need to pvp. With faster skill gains, you would not even need to farm for "hours a day" to be able to play and pvp. Normally, on normal uo servers (non custom) you can make enough for lots of regs very easily, you can train chars afk, ect ect. Unless you are one of those that REFUSES to pvp without 50 of each pot, bolas, wands, full invuln armor ect, then you will be fine.

Being a custom server gives them the ability to add some nice new features and things easier, without changing the game too much. There could be tons of nice stuff that will spark a lot of pvp, new factions for example. Not to mention being a completely new world, new dungeons, towns ect, gives people a damn good reason to get out there and into the world to do things, and spark even more pvp, that is something hybrid will never have, because all of the vets have more than enough money/items that they don't have to ever do anything to go out into the world (with the exception of events like the scav hunts, code hunts, ect that got people out into the world).

I know a lot of you enjoyed how many people were out running around the world during the code hunt, and all the pvp it brought in the areas that have always been deserted. That is what it would be like for a long time after the start of a server. Sounds like a blast to me, and I do not have much time at all to play these days, but I know how easy it is to get pvp supplies and macro characters..

People bitch just to bitch, don't mind them. Thank you for the screenshots, they have gotten me looking forward to it even more.

Thunder

Page
I honestly, dont like the bases that Facepump uploaded;) I liked the plans he had for faction bases on Hybrid more;)
I think Im going to give it a try anyways, just to see what it's like.

What are the green gate, red gate etc for in pic no. 13 from the top?

those are for the different towns and faction bases and i think the dungeons too. makes it easier for getting around to test things.

Starnix

Sorceror
I think it has been so long since a lot of people started, they forget how little you need to pvp. With faster skill gains, you would not even need to farm for "hours a day" to be able to play and pvp. Normally, on normal uo servers (non custom) you can make enough for lots of regs very easily, you can train chars afk, ect ect. Unless you are one of those that REFUSES to pvp without 50 of each pot, bolas, wands, full invuln armor ect, then you will be fine.

Being a custom server gives them the ability to add some nice new features and things easier, without changing the game too much. There could be tons of nice stuff that will spark a lot of pvp, new factions for example. Not to mention being a completely new world, new dungeons, towns ect, gives people a damn good reason to get out there and into the world to do things, and spark even more pvp, that is something hybrid will never have, because all of the vets have more than enough money/items that they don't have to ever do anything to go out into the world (with the exception of events like the scav hunts, code hunts, ect that got people out into the world).

I know a lot of you enjoyed how many people were out running around the world during the code hunt, and all the pvp it brought in the areas that have always been deserted. That is what it would be like for a long time after the start of a server. Sounds like a blast to me, and I do not have much time at all to play these days, but I know how easy it is to get pvp supplies and macro characters..

Well said! I'm looking forward to the launch! :)