UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn support.

Poogoblin

Wanderer
Re: Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn support.

Anyone that actually wants KR supported here they should slap themselves...
then if they still want it they should slap themselves again...
if they still want KR go to a damn OSI shard, and we'll see you back here in about 2 weeks

LilGuy

Sorceror

A black man (fast & big);1309531 said:
Old school graphics just pwn. UO isn't UO with outs its shitty 2D graphics, that is what makes it so great.

aint that the truth...im one of those people who still plays "Mega Man" and "Frogger" I love the oldschool games man...UO pre "Pub 16" ( UO:G supports) is THE BEST pvp RPG / online RPG game of its time...and of today i.m.o...

Its not about how good the graphics are.....fuck graphics...

zlatan fulgere

Sorceror

I don't think they look that bad. Look at what we have now. It's good for the time it was created but it's unquestionably outdated. That being said, I don't give a crap about graphics so going without it doesn't bother me.

I say good move avoiding it if it helps keep UO:G out of the crosshairs. (=

I'm perfectly fine with the graphics now, heh that will never change. But better graphics can't hurt and if they come without any gameplay changes (that uogamers can't circumvent) then i say fuck Kingdom Reborn. Otherwise it can only help to support it.

Killer Queen

Sorceror

Addiction;1309901 said:
For those who want to go KR, allow me to simulate the experience for you.

Haha, I love the "You hear lovely music, and forget to continue battling".

Poogoblin

Wanderer

Seriously, just wait a few months for KR, I call 80/20 it just ends up being the new UO 3d

Wow...I can't believe how many people are against it.

I will straight up say it's a terrible idea to NOT support it. UOG supports 3D, right? I recall playing on it once or twice...why not drop 3D and replace it with KR?

I love the original 2D as much as the next person, but I've been seeing the same characters and the same monster for, like, 7-8 years. My computer is over 400mhz as I'm sure many of yours are. There's nothing wrong with a graphics upgrade.

For those of you who don't know, it seems to be a 2D/3D mix. That's what makes it better than 3D.

They may not support it on launch, but I sure as hell hope they support it shortly after. You gotta mix some new with the old... after all, it's "Hybrid." I would say it's hypocritical NOT to support it (at some point in the future).

talkshowhost

Sorceror

UOG doesnt support 3d to my knowledge..

But during my OSI days, the 3D engine in my opinion was'nt all that terrible in my opinion.. I never really used it too much, but only due to be so accustomed to 2D pvping..

I'm real curious to see what UOKR would play like.... but only on UOG of course. Hopefully at some point we can have the option.

Rudy Tamer

Wanderer

im pretty sure it would be pretty difficult to re write a completely new client like RUNUO did with the original client

but i dont know such things.

EA is giving such a bad name for UO now.

But honestly, don't tell me it's not true. EA has been making and porting crappy games for so long now. It's rather sad that they even got their hands on UO.

On the subject of KR: I don't believe the amount of work it would require to completely support KR is worth having the ability to use it. 2D is legit.

Donovahn

Wanderer

This is really too bad. The new Kingdom Reborn looks amazing, and my computer would easily support it.

I WANT GOOD-LOOKING SPRITES!

Arend

Wanderer

Black Thunder;1355376 said:
It's rather sad that they even got their hands on UO.

You do know EA bought Origin in 1992 and funded the entire project from before it was even in alpha stage?

Rob Rod

Wanderer

I really hope that we stay away from KR. I love the client the way it is right now. I never really played this game for its super high tech graphics lol, why start now

Caz

Knight

Donovahn;1356768 said:
This is really too bad. The new Kingdom Reborn looks amazing, and my computer would easily support it.

I WANT GOOD-LOOKING SPRITES!

Original UO sprites own any of this new crap on KR.

YourDaddy

Wanderer

yeah its fine the way it, i believe that everyone has gotten use to the way it now and we dont need to have to adapt to ne new changes atleast until u do decide to support the client, newayz thx :p

Perkis

Wanderer

the only thing KR got goin for it is the nice environment tiles.. and its trees.. i dun like the whole toolbar on the bottom of the screen (too WoW), and the same goes with the new backpack..