UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

To all the guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoZeR007

Wanderer
My last post says it... It is called being responsible.

Direct from a dictionary:

re·spon·si·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-spns-bl)
adj.
Liable to be required to give account, as of one's actions or of the discharge of a duty or trust.
Involving personal accountability or ability to act without guidance or superior authority: a responsible position within the firm.
Being a source or cause.
Able to make moral or rational decisions on one's own and therefore answerable for one's behavior.
Able to be trusted or depended upon; reliable.
Based on or characterized by good judgment or sound thinking: responsible journalism.
Having the means to pay debts or fulfill obligations.
Required to render account; answerable: The cabinet is responsible to the parliament.

DoZeR007

Wanderer
Pbguy434 said:
Dozer, how about you stop trying to act mature. You were just about as mature as a 10 year old saying "Your mom!" all the time when you mention how crappy mine and Xander's parents were.

Alright, lets end it here. I can't believe LoT standed all the crap you gave me for so long. We are done with your trash.

Do not post lies trying to make you and the rest of that sorry guild sound cool. You can keep LoT and LoT can keep you. You all deserve each other... You just don't quit with your really pathetic attempts to insult me.

Edit: The World is going to hell anyways, why bother...

guys who lack morals and respect rule the world anyways....

is became the norm... and people(women) adjusted to it...

*still, it could have been better, if the focus behavior does not exsist..*

Irina

Wanderer
I don't want to be rude or offensive because I made this mistake in the past, but...

Posting your picture on an online forum is begging for attention. When I posted mine on the UOG forums, I immediately got 6 PM's (I'm talking within 5 minutes), random IM's, and people coming up to me in game that I'd never even heard of that had seen me. I took them down a few days later, couldn't take it anymore. I haven't posted them since. It's just not a good idea. I don't want to be mean to anyone who has posted in this forum... but online guys are wierd (the ones who hit on online girls), and it's absolutely disgusting how they think they can get the girls in bed irl.

Yuck.

I'd use a certain someone who posted her picture on these forums for an example, but I again, I don't want to be mean :)

I'm glad this was posted though, it's nice to see some guys who actually ARE mature and don't want to get in an [e girl's pants, but coming from a GIRL's perspective, a lot of girls just ASK to be hit on and talked to like they're a slut.

DoZeR007

Wanderer
110% agreed. Not saying I am perfect in any way, shape or form. But I can completely agree with you. BTW, got that thief half way done :D

X-calibur420

Wanderer
The Mysterious Stranger said:
*Pretends to be Jerry Springer*

Now, despite the dispute on rather someone is joking or not, or that is is only a game.

The bottom line is, girls was made uncomfortable, and guys done/said things they shouldn't.

What we should focus on right now is looking into our actions and correct them for the better of self, and others.

After all, as men, aren't we suppose to be protecting women? their feelings too?

some may disagree with me, but we can all agree on one thing, placing blame on either party will improve anything.

instead, review and improve our actions.
Like i said, I tried to apologize. But he acted immature.

I have learned now that people take offense to the "r" word and will never say it again.

Heh, I got a question. What happens if a girl stalks you and does other things of the sort? that would be kinda...weird :eek:

Jossy

Wanderer
:p well this thread deviated a bit

being hit on doesn't bother me, being insulted doesn't bother me....all i have to do is ignore it if i want to. that's fairly easy to do when you're online. there's a little X in the top right corner of my screen and if ever i'm seriously offended by people in this little UO world, i'm going to click it. i'm not going to cry about having a right to play without hearing trash talk and sexual comments blablabla, i'm just going to find something else to do for a while.
it gets annoying in ventrilo when guys (who apparently have never heard a female voice) start acting like retards, but even then there's a mute button. and really, i'd much rather be harassed online than irl.

hmmm as for the irl photo thread, i don't see an issue with it. it's pretty easy to see who's being nice to you because they like the way you look as opposed to the person you are. and those people are easy to avoid.
it's kind of silly to say that anyone who posts their picture is begging for attention. now if they were posting nude pics.....yeah begging for attention would be applicable. lol
i think it's cool to see photos of people i play with or chat with. most people are pretty mature about it sooooooo i don't see a problem there.

RAPE AND PILLAGE BITCHES!!!

...it's a fucking "Game"...get over the textual input on a "game"...

What's the big deal about quoting a pirate "SoDam"izer? (Dozer)

@ Irina

Yeah, that was my point. You post your picture(s) you are asking for this rediculous attention. That whole "you shouldn't have to deal with it" is the standard bullshit pussy ass americans can't get over. They want "total coverage" protection from all. :-/

(^Heh...broken thoughts...^)

...too many posts to reply too...

Again...it's a "game." A "game" that supports villainous behaviour and a way to not see some of the villainous speach. Don't like the hate that PKs talk with hate? Filter it. Don't like it? Go back to real life...oh wait...it sucks too...shoot yourself then...

I try to keep my hate text in Felucca where any and all hate acts should be supported...

X-calibur420

Wanderer
SlipTongue69 said:
RAPE AND PILLAGE BITCHES!!!

...it's a fucking "Game"...get over the textual input on a "game"...

What's the big deal about quoting a pirate "SoDam"izer? (Dozer)

@ Irina

Yeah, that was my point. You post your picture(s) you are asking for this rediculous attention. That whole "you shouldn't have to deal with it" is the standard bullshit pussy ass americans can't get over. They want "total coverage" protection from all. :-/

(^Heh...broken thoughts...^)

...too many posts to reply too...

Again...it's a "game." A "game" that supports villainous behaviour and a way to not see some of the villainous speach. Don't like the hate that PKs talk with hate? Filter it. Don't like it? Go back to real life...oh wait...it sucks too...shoot yourself then...

I try to keep my hate text in Felucca where any and all hate acts should be supported...

Nice :cool:

Vaoni

Wanderer
well..back to the point of this thread.
what does it matter anyway? what's your problem?
if the girl doesn't like it then she can easily walk away, she can put an end to it herself.
it's not that difficult to click on the little button that says 'log out'.

she does not need you lot trying to be 'knights in shining armor'.
the old times have ended...we're not as defenseless as you think anymore.

i'm sorry. but this thread is stupid. and it's annoyed me because you've messed up something that was going perfectly fine.

bah. thanks a lot.

@littleDarkGlamor...

Who said women are defeness?...

is more like...

we should be expecting better behavior from people...

Yes, anyone can flick the off switch... logging out, not going to a certain place...

it may be going "fine" (why do I think of slavery just now?)... but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and some others...

a person(male or female) should be able to go anywhere, without being harressed.

As for those of you who say "its just a game"... well this is a game with other people in it... there are PEOPLE (big surpise) behind the characters.

Edit:
---------------------------------------------------------
I am going to finish my last bit of ranting here, then I am out of this thread for good...
---------------------------------------------------------

But yeah, what gets to me the most is... when I was a kid, living in a Former British Colony, (you get 2 guesses of where it is.) I was pretty much taught that the western way of life, and its people...are superior...... due to material advantages, education, and a ENLIGHTENED way of mind set...

I was horribly wrong about that.... both in real life and on here, the same attitudes are expressed. (In this case, about women, how they get attention, bah bah bah...HEY, REMEMBER, Haladon started the picture thread..... people respond(both male and female..).... is not like some girl started posting scadly-cad pictures of herself...) prejudice, and sexism still is pretty much embedded into the farbics of society... and yeah...

it seems "okay and normal" for any guy to make comments about a girl's body as if its a piece of meat...

It makes me feel ashame to be male and part of the western world....

(Flame away!)

Jossy

Wanderer
i'm kind of amused by some of the views expressed in this thread. namely the ones like this

Yeah, that was my point. You post your picture(s) you are asking for this rediculous attention.

:rolleyes: for the people who believe this, are you also the type of people who believe a girl deserves to be raped because she wore a miniskirt? lol
that kind of backwater thinking is just a cover to excuse a person's lack of control and/or pettyness. grow up plz :)

Jossy said:
i'm kind of amused by some of the views expressed in this thread. namely the ones like this

:rolleyes: for the people who believe this, are you also the type of people who believe a girl deserves to be raped because she wore a miniskirt? lol
that kind of backwater thinking is just a cover to excuse a person's lack of control and/or pettyness. grow up plz :)

I agree whole-heartedly.....

is just not right.... there ares no excuses for these kind of behavior.

Jossy said:

Depends on how low do you go? Showin' off your ass? Then yeah...easy access will be taken advantage of...goin' to bars and places of this manner where people are innebriated then yes, you will expect this behavior or you are just an ignorant shit that needs to stay in the kitchen anyway...guess that's the last I'm saying on the matter as well...

Jossy

Wanderer
SlipTongue69 said:
Depends on how low do you go? Showin' off your ass? Then yeah...easy access will be taken advantage of...goin' to bars and places of this manner where people are innebriated then yes, you will expect this behavior or you are just an ignorant shit that needs to stay in the kitchen anyway...guess that's the last I'm saying on the matter as well...

nah that's stupid. it's a judgement call on both sides, but *no one* EVER asks for or deserves that kind of treatment, no matter what. if you think otherwise then you're the ignorant(and dangerous) shit that should stay in the kitchen. (do you go to strippers and think "omg she's showing her body to men....if she gets raped it's her fault"?)

guys post their pictures....they post multiple pictures. they're not asking for rediculous attention. but a girl posts one and suddenly she's like......begging for it? :rolleyes: lol

it's an immature double standard and imo that's more rediculous than any lewd/slanderous comment.

jonthemaster

Wanderer
lmao

Thats great...

LittleDarkGlamour said:
well..back to the point of this thread.
what does it matter anyway? what's your problem?
if the girl doesn't like it then she can easily walk away, she can put an end to it herself.
it's not that difficult to click on the little button that says 'log out'.

she does not need you lot trying to be 'knights in shining armor'.
the old times have ended...we're not as defenseless as you think anymore.

i'm sorry. but this thread is stupid. and it's annoyed me because you've messed up something that was going perfectly fine.

bah. thanks a lot.

What does it matter? I'll tell you what. We do not condone any form of harrassment, especially sexual harrassment, or lewd comments such as the ones that I get PMed to me by other female users (there's more than one).

I'm not trying to be anyone's knight in shining armor and this thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I believe women are defenseless. Take your feminist "I never need a man's help" attitude and tell it to someone who gives a damn.

I am a moderator, staff, and channel OP. It's my obligation to maintain a fair, fun and positive environment for our users. That's what this thread is about.

it's not that difficult to click on the little button that says 'log out'

This is the stupidest part of your entire post. Someone harrasses you and you are punished by having to log out of a game you want to play? Shitty logic 4tw.

bknoid

Wanderer
Its not that Im a sult, I just love to get attention, and if I have to get my "ass" from the bar everynight... damit ill do it... I'm a good looking girl and Ill get what I want when I want it... pfft, ho.

Wow.. you go girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.