UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Three Great Songs w/ Youtube Links

Rasah

Sorceror
Re: Three Great Songs w/ Youtube Links

A change from the hip hop I normally post:

YouTube - Florence And The Machine - Girl With One Eye
YouTube - Florence and the MAchine - Halo (Beyonce Cover... the acapella @ 2:40 is beautiful)
YouTube - Roisin Murphy - Ramalama Bang Bang (with So You Think You Can Dance performance)
YouTube - Rjd2 - just when
YouTube - Squeeze - Take Me I'm Yours
YouTube - Switchblade Symphony - Chain

edit: Wow Glyphic I can't believe someone besides me knows about roots manuva haha... that's a cool song. and lol @ the remix of florence and the machine; here's the original for anyone interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMcNAe4nE8

Mara

Knight

Keep them coming. This is turning out exactly how I had hoped.

YouTube - The Beatles - A Day in the Life (stereo remaster 2009) (HD) Favorite Beatles Song
YouTube - bob marley - redemption song(+ lyrics and wallpapers download)
YouTube - Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing

Alternate instrumental versions of Little Wing - first by Jimi Hendrix 2nd by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Stevie Ray Vaughn shows incredible technical mastery, and Jimi Hendrix is so connected to the sound emotionally somehow. These two musicians were great, wish they had been here longer.

YouTube - Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing
YouTube - Little Wing - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble

Mara

Knight

RAKninja;2118616 said:
mara.... you DO know what rocket man is abut, dont you?
*shudders*

What you are guessing may be what Elton is thinking about when he sings it, who knows. I don't really know the guy personally to know whether I like him on a personal level, but I like a lot of his music from the 60-early 80's. I don't give a rat's ass whether a guy is gay or not though. Doesn't bother me. It's a lot harder to be gay in this world than it is to be a hetero(outside of fashion maybe), so I doubt anyway goes that way by choice. You are bound to see me post some Queen and Freddie Mercury pretty soon. These guys were some of the best popular music singers/characters of their time.

Bernie Taupin actually did most of the writing for Elton John. He would write the lyrics and come up with the ideas for the songs, and sometimes chill out with a drink sitting on stage I think (not sure). Elton handled the piano and stage presence to great success.

glyph1c

Sorceror

Rasah;2119080 said:
lol @ the remix of florence and the machine; here's the original for anyone interested: YouTube - Florence + the Machine - You've Got the Love

that is a remix of the original well before that talentless cow. the mix i posted is a few years after the original 86 release.

roots manuva should get knighted by the queen, not that queen elton lol!

generally this thread has delivered bargain basement vinyl selections and mostly american hip hop, was'nt expecting much, but needless to say no fav+ added to my youtube account (so far).

my new 3.

A king at night - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy

Talking Heads - This must be the place (Naive Melody)

Autechre - Eutow

Mara

Knight

Dany Mortal;2119783 said:

I'm listening to them. They are out of my comfort zone, which is part of what I was hoping for with the thread. Much appreciated.

Mara you should really check my posts on each page before this because tbh, the better ones were in 1 then 2 etc..

Mara

Knight

Dany Mortal;2119841 said:
Mara you should really check my posts on each page before this because tbh, the better ones were in 1 then 2 etc..

I've been listening to what everyone posts when I get breaks in the game or whatever else I'm doing. My 2002 computer can only handle so much at once. I think I listened to four of them on the first page from you so far, and they were good. I don't normally listen to stuff like that, and haven't heard the songs before, so I need to listen to them a few times before they start sounding really good (because you get into them more each time). I liked that Hed Planet Earth Bartender Song. It's funny how a lot of the same messages are expressed in all the styles of music, they just have a very different cultural background. People aren't so different.

Thanks to everyone posting, listening, etc.