UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The official THROW SHIT AWAY WEEK.

A

AllasPancakes

Re: The official THROW SHIT AWAY WEEK.

isnt it ironic that the players causing the high item count are infact the once geting the bigger chanse to be awarded.

By that i do not mean that this is a bad thing.

The day all the f trammy stuff goes poff will be a happy day.

A

ASayre

Virtual Hair/FaceHair irl Ryan.

150K items right there ;)

Terron

Knight

AllasPancakes said:
isnt it ironic that the players causing the high item count are infact the once geting the bigger chanse to be awarded.

I wouldn't say its ironic; the point is to cater those that hoard items and reward them for their cooperation. It would be irony if this even was meant to punish the pack-rats.. but its really intended to get their attention and cooperation.

If this fails, I imagine items will be deleted without any kind of reparation.

So are you advising to throw lesser rares away now and get something for it because they WILL be deleted later?
Just dont wanna throw something away that i might need...

Shamus-hybrid

Traveler

Grand Alchemy said:
um.. will weapons be deleted..?
yep. this is an effort to turn uo from a pvp haven into a crafter's shard. after the cleanup, weapons will be removed permenantly.

wtf.

Highlander-hybrid

Legendary Member

All I have is an over abundance of Tailor kits and such, which will be gone :) . I use them for macroing, but nowadays, I only need 1 of everything.

S

Snot Goblin

could this not potentially create 1 of 2 problems:
1. ppl hoarding & creating a mass amount of useless items prior to the "throw shit away week" & essentially affecting gameplay of the server
2. creating incentive for ppl to rat-pack in the future with the anticipation that something similar will occur down the line

hoglegs

Sorceror

sea monkey said:
could this not potentially create 1 of 2 problems:
1. ppl hoarding & creating a mass amount of useless items prior to the "throw shit away week" & essentially affecting gameplay of the server
2. creating incentive for ppl to rat-pack in the future with the anticipation that something similar will occur down the line

Could be a simple fix to that problem, just making items that are older than a week redeemable for reward.

Terron

Knight

hoglegs said:
Could be a simple fix to that problem, just making items that are older than a week redeemable for reward.
there is no property for the timestamp of creation and serial numbers are not in numerical order since they are reused.

hoglegs

Sorceror

Terron said:
there is no property for the timestamp of creation and serial numbers are not in numerical order since they are reused.

How did it work for the cleanup we had for awhile back? I vaguely remember dropping items into the barrel, and it saying that the items weren't old enough or something to that effect.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

I got ALOT weapons and armor waiting for this. After that, no more hording for me.

I will keep my items in check for the servers sake.

Terron

Knight

hoglegs said:
How did it work for the cleanup we had for awhile back? I vaguely remember dropping items into the barrel, and it saying that the items weren't old enough or something to that effect.
good question.. maybe there is a timestamp field and its hidden in the item properties gump.

hoglegs

Sorceror

Terron said:
good question.. maybe there is a timestamp field and its hidden in the item properties gump.

I never messed with the mechanics of the RunUO shard enough to know much about item properties, so I wouldn't know. ;)

S

Snot Goblin

Terron said:

if that's true then maybe something should be made public about it to deter ppl from macroing crafting daggers 24/7 or stockpiling useless monster loot

ps. hoglegs ur sig is brilliant, luv the office