UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Doom Point System *Please Vote*

What is your opinion of the new Doom point system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SCV

Wanderer
Myt raises a good point...
We as players always talk about our rights, our desires, our concerns...
What about the shard? A good idea would be a requirement for each player to play at least 24 hours per a week.
Ofcourse I understand every now and then we can't play that long, for example if are arrested etc... in those cases all you would have to do
would be to ask the police for a document saying you were arrested... and because of that couldn't play ultima online, I am sure they would oblige.

Buiu

Knight
Myt raises a good point...
We as players always talk about our rights, our desires, our concerns...
What about the shard? A good idea would be a requirement for each player to play at least 24 hours per a week.
Ofcourse I understand every now and then we can't play that long, for example if are arrested etc... in those cases all you would have to do
would be to ask the police for a document saying you were arrested... and because of that couldn't play ultima online, I am sure they would oblige.
jesus
you are the worst troll i ever saw.

SCV

Wanderer
I am a troll because I give constructive ideas for the improvement of the shard? (with a little joke about being arrested in the end)
And what do you guys do? Just complaint about stuff?
Here's an example, this week we finally got the scrappers thanks to staff... a few hours after some guy makes a thread asking when will the community collection be available, now that's trolling!
Let's not even talk about that douchebag\scammer guild that got back to the shard and think they are the second coming of Christ.

mytilus

Sorceror
Here's an example, this week we finally got the scrappers thanks to staff... a few hours after some guy makes a thread asking when will the community collection be available, now that's trolling!

While I would normally agree about the whiners, I actually read that post and it sounded to me more like a simple question if they planned to implement it at some point or not. Maybe if you read it again you will see the same thing... can be important for planning ahead for your suit or whatever.

Let's not even talk about that douchebag\scammer guild that got back to the shard and think they are the second coming of Christ.

:cool::cool::cool:

Oportunista

Wanderer
My personal opnion about this as a long date UO player who just joined demise about 3 weeks ago with some friends:
» drops in gauntland its freakin impossible for us, since the points are given based and lucky and dmg done to bosses how can a new player in demise can beat others? Im using the right build but im completly outgeared I couldnt pick anything good at all not at least a mid_end arty (have picked brac of health only). Artys seens just impossible to pick and turns gauntland boring as hell
» loots in mobs are always crap, never got something useless there, you can see ppl here doing gauntland just gived up opening loots of bosses they lost hope about something good inside. Thats completly different as some others shards. ive played and make everything more boring killin and waitin a message shows up.
»we are talkin about a 17 years game. This game dont atract NEW players at all, players who joined here 90% of chances of comming from others shards. As we grow up we run out of time of playin that much we used to do. Playin so less time woth things extreme hard makes u fell no progression and the desiee to just back playin where we alrdy geared.
» in my opnion gauntland its kind of newb place to be, me and my friends dont fell like that here, since ur competing dmg and lucky with geared ppl, the desire to just quit alrdy got some of them.
» ppl doing gauntland are actually playin the game u should get some better rewards than just sittin half afk doing bods and this alk others semi afk macros.
» we gived up about gaunt three days ago, doing somithing else cause gauntland fells like no progression at all and we focused in pvp and thats what stills atract me in this long date game

My english its kind of rusty but I guess I passed the idea.
Regards Oportunista.

My personal opnion about this as a long date UO player who just joined demise about 3 weeks ago with some friends:
» drops in gauntland its freakin impossible for us, since the points are given based and lucky and dmg done to bosses how can a new player in demise can beat others? Im using the right build but im completly outgeared I couldnt pick anything good at all not at least a mid_end arty (have picked brac of health only). Artys seens just impossible to pick and turns gauntland boring as hell
» loots in mobs are always crap, never got something useless there, you can see ppl here doing gauntland just gived up opening loots of bosses they lost hope about something good inside. Thats completly different as some others shards. ive played and make everything more boring killin and waitin a message shows up.

The old system was completely random for everyone. The new system scales points based on luck and damage. Make a tamer, buy 4 horned kits and make a 1000 luck suit, go to gauntlet?? profit?

Either way, the point system is a better way of distributing artifacts rather than on pure chance alone. Even as a new player with no luck, doing minimum damage. For the most part, as long as you get looting rights, you'll get points, and your chances will increase.

As far as loot goes, I agree that a better system needs to be put in place, the fact that you can kill monsters with filthy rich loot packs for hours on end and come out with nothing to show for it is quite frustrating and takes away from the allure of pvm.

hinien

Wanderer
The old system was completely random for everyone. The new system scales points based on luck and damage. Make a tamer, buy 4 horned kits and make a 1000 luck suit, go to gauntlet?? profit?

Either way, the point system is a better way of distributing artifacts rather than on pure chance alone. Even as a new player with no luck, doing minimum damage. For the most part, as long as you get looting rights, you'll get points, and your chances will increase.

As far as loot goes, I agree that a better system needs to be put in place, the fact that you can kill monsters with filthy rich loot packs for hours on end and come out with nothing to show for it is quite frustrating and takes away from the allure of pvm.

I agree, on another shard i remember i raised fencing from 50 to 100 on a pala dexx in gauntlet with random looted equip from there. When i got my jackal it felt so wrong seeing all those geared up chars i was leechin from :p (there were always people in doom back then)

This.

What I think is that at the moment we need a tweak in this "point gain" system. As a 40 days player (tamer with 1095 luck and a GD spending the last two weeks with at least 3hours/day in gauntlet), I think it's pretty ridiculous to do dozens of runs to get a *possible* gear upgrade.

The shard has more than ten years, we need to get people in here, and as some of you already said, I don't think the old school players will mind if prices get a *little* bit lower, since they're already rich and have almost everything they need on their toons.

And please, don't bring real life comparisons to the game.

my2cents

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
2ND ARTI after 110-120 rounds (starting and ending at abbysmals). If when I log in its on a different room I don't count until I hit abyssmals.

So (under new point system)
70-80+ rounds 1st arti
110-120+ rounds 2nd arti

Xomm

Wanderer
Well we finally have the new system that was begged for and how does it stack up to expectations?

I've heard numerous complaints so I decided to bring about a forum vote. A few doomers have complained that it lowered their artifact count considerably but such a small sample size(3) doesn't mean much really.

I'm still on the fence personally. I've gotten absolutely nothing on approximately 30 rounds or so, it appears the exact same to me....

Anyone have any opinions on the new system?

Doom doesn't seem to be very crowded or anything so the response has not been what I expected(more people dooming).

Man right after this system was implemented I ran probably 70+ rounds. Killed countless Dark Fathers and countless mini boss's and I have still yet...to receive an AR11 drop. I don't know how the system was prior to this update...but if it was worse...then Jesus...I don't see how anyone ever got a drop in the gauntlet. I run a mage/tamer. At the time my gear wasn't the greatest. So maybe my damage was down or something. I don't know, but running around in circles farming mob after mob kind of wears your gaming dexterity down if you ask me.

Xomm

Wanderer
Man right after this system was implemented I ran probably 70+ rounds. Killed countless Dark Fathers and countless mini boss's and I have still yet...to receive an AR11 drop. I don't know how the system was prior to this update...but if it was worse...then Jesus...I don't see how anyone ever got a drop in the gauntlet. I run a mage/tamer. At the time my gear wasn't the greatest. So maybe my damage was down or something. I don't know, but running around in circles farming mob after mob kind of wears your gaming dexterity down if you ask me.

And yes, I was getting loot rights on every kill in every room for every round.

Kiluad

Sorceror
I haven't tried the system, and i don't know how it works on demise. The reaction from players here, compared with players on OSI at the system change, are completely different though.

http://www.uoforums.com/topic/13672-details-about-doom-points/

when asked how player did last night in gaunt, her reply was as follows:

"arcane, staff of magi, and blade of insanity in about 6 hrs

back again today.

i love bringing my archer! i do tons of dmg and don't have to worry about chasing things down. my arrows do it for me;)

My archer is..
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
85 Chiv
rest in meditation.. Honestly I don't know what I am going to fill with the other points/in place of meditation
bushido is such a mana eater and not really worth it IMO since I am an archer.. Dont need to evade or anything.
Still deciding. Thinking maybe resist spells since doom monsters are full spells"

3 arties in 6 hours, with the longest period of no arty being 4.5 hours or so.

That's a lot different than 0 in 2 weeks here.

said player could have been top attacker with 1600 luck, we know it was a single target attacker though, can the demise system come close to matching that drop rate?

hickman48

Knight
I haven't tried the system, and i don't know how it works on demise. The reaction from players here, compared with players on OSI at the system change, are completely different though.

http://www.uoforums.com/topic/13672-details-about-doom-points/

when asked how player did last night in gaunt, her reply was as follows:

"arcane, staff of magi, and blade of insanity in about 6 hrs

back again today.

i love bringing my archer! i do tons of dmg and don't have to worry about chasing things down. my arrows do it for me;)

My archer is..
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
85 Chiv
rest in meditation.. Honestly I don't know what I am going to fill with the other points/in place of meditation
bushido is such a mana eater and not really worth it IMO since I am an archer.. Dont need to evade or anything.
Still deciding. Thinking maybe resist spells since doom monsters are full spells"

3 arties in 6 hours, with the longest period of no arty being 4.5 hours or so.

That's a lot different than 0 in 2 weeks here.

said player could have been top attacker with 1600 luck, we know it was a single target attacker though, can the demise system come close to matching that drop rate?

Nope

What about people that have a job and a life, how is it fair to us that it's impossible to get suited in a decent amount of time? I'm not gonna farm doom for 3 months just to get a serpants fang, that would be fucking stupid.

Kallitcha

Squire
What about people that have a job and a life, how is it fair to us that it's impossible to get suited in a decent amount of time? I'm not gonna farm doom for 3 months just to get a serpants fang, that would be fucking stupid.
The exact same reason I'm for having tot open permanently.