UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Doom Point System *Please Vote*

What is your opinion of the new Doom point system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
Well we finally have the new system that was begged for and how does it stack up to expectations?

I've heard numerous complaints so I decided to bring about a forum vote. A few doomers have complained that it lowered their artifact count considerably but such a small sample size(3) doesn't mean much really.

I'm still on the fence personally. I've gotten absolutely nothing on approximately 30 rounds or so, it appears the exact same to me....

Anyone have any opinions on the new system?

Doom doesn't seem to be very crowded or anything so the response has not been what I expected(more people dooming).

Lucifall

Knight
Eos said the chance is theoretically the same as it was before. Somehow you will still get the same amount of artifacts as if we had no point even while accumulating points. I am not sure I understand, but it doesn't sounds like the system I asked about and tested on OSI.

I have farmed for two weeks here and got nothing so far...

mytilus

Sorceror
With all due respect to the staff and all their hard work, my opinion is the demise point system is crap. If anything the drop rates are lower than before. This discourages players from grinding the gauntlet even more which rises the price of artifacts even further. Doom and gloomers are trying to say that osi point system will ruin the economy, i say bs. In this massive multi-player free market economy pigment prices were seen to drop from 50kk+ for a full bottle to only 2kk for a full bottle. Some people paid 20 million or more for rbcs only to have the price fall out of the floor on them. And probably the best example, crimson cincture fell from 100kk to a mere 20kk but is currently the most farmed by new players hoping to get suited up (take a moment to think about this last example). Meanwhile through every update or change the economy trudges onward adjusting based on supply and demand as any free market economy should. To my knowledge the only people who were crying to leave point system out were a few professional doom runners (galder etc). Well to them I say this... If you can get 3 ornies and sell them for 20kk each or if you can get only 2 ornies and sell them for 30kk each in the same time frame that is the same amount of money in the end. I'm personally sitting on hundreds of millions worth of doom artifacts so I have more to lose than most but I dont really care because they are all being used in various suits. What is most important is making it easier for a new player to get suited up and ready to play and the best way to do this is increase the doom drops.

Souced

Sorceror
I don't see what the point is of not turning the point system on and off in an options setting so people can see that they are actually getting points towards a drop and then they can decide if they want to stay and farm doom or go do something else to make gold or get items

Yaz

Squire
I say keep the point system as is. If the chances of an artifact is increased, prices will drop and nothing will be worth shit anymore. Replica prices have already dropped a substantial amount since people hoard champs non stop. Tots are worth shit, ML stuff out so far are worth shit too.

In my eyes if the point system is changed, only artifact worth something will be the inquis.

Too tedious, none of my friend want to play here because it's impossible for them to get items and play. I told them about point system day it came in and they tried and left already after few weeks.

I agree to this but if artys dropped alot quicker prices would drop substantially

Lucifall

Knight
I say keep the point system as is. If the chances of an artifact is increased, prices will drop and nothing will be worth shit anymore.
Crap artifacts are worth 1kk at most, and barely anyone buys them. There are only a handful of doom arties that are worth keeping. I could go on about the RNG of this, but I will only say this: The only reason arties are worth their current value is because we had an outdated system since the addition of the gauntlet.

Replica prices have already dropped a substantial amount since people hoard champs non stop.

Champ artifacts have been added years ago, and their price is still high and reasonable. I fail to see your point here. I remember when 120 eval's were worth 60kk because the chance of you finishing a spawn was almost nill back then. Couple this with how hard gold was to come by then. Is this reasonable price?

Lucifall

Knight
I don't see what the point is of not turning the point system on and off in an options setting so people can see that they are actually getting points towards a drop and then they can decide if they want to stay and farm doom or go do something else to make gold or get items

I'd be happy simply if the formula for drop chance was made public. Then I could decide if it's worth it to stay there or not.

Yaz

Squire
I remember when 120 eval's were worth 60kk because the chance of you finishing a spawn was almost nill back then. Couple this with how hard gold was to come by then. Is this reasonable price?

And look what happened now 120 Eval is worth 3kk just because Staff felt they needed to adjust to people's demands to make them happy

Yaz

Squire
The chance to get an artifact needs to be increased, as a new player ~80days, this shard has an unbelievably harsh startup phase, 35mil for an orny is out of reach, think of the new players!!!

No one thought of me when i first started like 12 years ago.. i didnt complain about the drop rates.. I made it,why shouldn't you?

Yaz

Squire
When you started 12 years ago people didn't have 100mil to drop on a suit, the shard shouldn't just be based around what existing players have accumulated, unless you never want new players.

Ohh okay, I get it you want everything handed to you on a silver platter. So what you're saying is you don't want to slave away hours and hours to get your items like everyone else did.

Reximus

Page
Ohh okay, I get it you want everything handed to you on a silver platter. So what you're saying is you don't want to slave away hours and hours to get your items like everyone else did.

Like you didn't do because everyone was on equal footing.