UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [P.Smasher] OSI party request timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SVN] [P.Smasher] OSI party request timer

on osi when asking someone to join your party there is a button available when clicking their name.
There is also a longer timer. It is around 10 seconds here, and 30 seconds on OSI. (just timed it)
btw, i just got a 14 day trial, i can start helping with validation. :)

Re: [CODER NEEDED] OSI party request timer

i didnt know they had the option of pay later. last time i was on they always wanted credit card numbers.

the funniest thing is, i have found a bug on osi. If you ask to hire an npc they give you a price, but you they take the money and dont join you.

C:\UOServer\RunUO\Scripts\Engines\Party\DeclineTimer

line 24
private DeclineTimer( Mobile m, Mobile leader ) : base( TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 10.0 ) )
+private DeclineTimer( Mobile m, Mobile leader ) : base( TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 30.0 ) )

that does the timer. I cant figure out how to add the Add party member gump though.

psz

Administrator

adverserath;590640 said:
the funniest thing is, i have found a bug on osi. If you ask to hire an npc they give you a price, but you they take the money and dont join you.

Hmm... I've hired plenty of NPCs on OSI with no problems...

Since they're handled as followers, they don't get considered part of the party.

I know they are classed as followers, i was trying to hire one to x-heal on. I selected hire on them, then gave them the right amount of money. they dont accept They just take the money. Just tried without razor running too, and it still gives the gold away. Which server are you on?
This has happened on every server ive looked on.

psz

Administrator

Atlantic, mostly, with TC a close second.

Other occasional tests (IE: Want to see if different OSI shards are different in some aspect or another) are GL and Pacific.

NOTE: Haven't tried hiring in quite some time.

i have only been on osi for 2 days.
Pub 58 says
Paladin NPC’s will no longer be available as a hireling.

maybe they broke it.
anyway, does anyone know how to add the menu tab for "add party member"? i have been looking through the code and have no idea.

Hmm.It's a simple patch.I included party timer and context menu addon too. I think context menu addon has came after AOS so I set aos as a requirement.

Attachments

• partytimerandcontextmenu.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 15

Erica

Knight

Hmm tryed your patch seems not to work i click once on a player and all it shows open paperdoll doesn't show add party.

Hm..Let me double check on my server now.

Interesting.Everything looking to be working on my SVN 384? Are you using an older version by chance?

Can I get someone else to confirm that it's not working on their SVN installation? So we can eliminate the installation differences.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin
Re: [TESTING] OSI party request timer

Moved to testing so we can get a few more people to try it.

Hmm.Changed the AOS requirement a bit.Lets see if it was the thing preventing it.

Attachments

• party.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 4

Hmmm... Core.AOS should return true with everything that is AOS or later, so it's strange it won't work.

I'm testing both of those...

tested: the first patch works flawlessly: I have the option "Add Party Member" when I click once on other people, togheter with "open paperdoll". It won't appear on yourself or NPCs.
I have used client 7.0.0.4

Of course, I haven't tried the second patch

Well the second patch was only to remove the doubt I had with Core.AOS so it seems there wasn't any doubt.I guess Ericas patch sequence had something wrong.Still I couldn't find any way to replicate it other than setting expansion to none of course :) Thanks for the test Daed :)

Erica

Knight

Nevermind your first patch works i just added it in wrong area in PlayerMobile script anyways i can verify this patch works exactly like osi i just tested nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.