UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Spring Trade Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyman17

Sorceror
Re: Spring Trade Fair

I am very excited for this event and plan to participate!

Maybe I am completely missing something but I did not see how we register for this, who we pay the money and an actual time on Friday that we can begin setting up.

Also, Will we be free to keep stocking the vendor as the fair goes on? What time will the event stop?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if the details are already stated.

-Lyman17

Anenigma

Sorceror

Lyman17;1860465 said:
I am very excited for this event and plan to participate!

Maybe I am completely missing something but I did not see how we register for this, who we pay the money and an actual time on Friday that we can begin setting up.

Also, Will we be free to keep stocking the vendor as the fair goes on? What time will the event stop?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if the details are already stated.

-Lyman17

U pay for it when u place it...they usually out a gate up somewhere that goes to a waiting room. And yes...you are free to restock and collect gold.

Orgazmo

Knight

incubusfan1413;1861017 said:
is it still a secret where its being held? if so you can tell me im good with secrets.

LoL....
Do they normally hold it in different areas everytime? I've only seen in Del and in Vesper...

sssuuu

Knight

Orgazmo;1861042 said:
LoL....
Do they normally hold it in different areas everytime? I've only seen in Del and in Vesper...

I think the reason they chosen those two towns before is that there is a large opening for them to set up all the vendors. Right now I'm trying to think of an open space, that is a near a bank in another town other than Vespar and Del.

And I've only seen the Del fairs, which was a very nice set up. I think there is plenty of space there for all the vendor load. Last fair was really huge, took me like an hour to go through all the vendors.

To as another town holding the fair...Nothing comes to mind other than Nujeum, but that would be hard to do :/

*Rides away on an emu*

Lyman17

Sorceror

So what time on Friday does setup begin? I have alot of work to do in preparation. Also, when will we know where to go for payment and placement etc etc?

-Lyman17

**wishes he had an emu**

Mika

Sorceror

Lyman17;1861609 said:
So what time on Friday does setup begin? I have alot of work to do in preparation. Also, when will we know where to go for payment and placement etc etc?

-Lyman17

**wishes he had an emu**

"Vendor Setup will begin a day or so before. Vendors are placed and initially stocked in a setup area. Do not page for this. A gate or two will be opened to the setup area and announcements will be made. Town criers will also have information when the time comes."

Just bring all your stuff on you or your bank.
Have money in your bank or the check on your character.
There is a bank at the setup area.

*About the time, there is no set time yet but when it starts, you will know as the town crier will probably be shouting out where and when, etc.

sssuuu;1861094 said:
I think the reason they chosen those two towns before is that there is a large opening for them to set up all the vendors. Right now I'm trying to think of an open space, that is a near a bank in another town other than Vespar and Del.

And I've only seen the Del fairs, which was a very nice set up. I think there is plenty of space there for all the vendor load. Last fair was really huge, took me like an hour to go through all the vendors.

To as another town holding the fair...Nothing comes to mind other than Nujeum, but that would be hard to do :/

*Rides away on an emu*

Trinsic Park would be kinda nice

wkstrm

Lord

SinisterLightning;1862971 said:
Trinsic Park would be kinda nice

Indeed. Also, they could hold the fair in Minoc around the "statue construction site" but that would recruire a smaller amount of vendors than the past two fairs I think.

Also, Britain could hold a fair as well as Serpents Hold (they can build a platform in the water as they did in Vesper), Nujelm would be nice. I like Nuj'elm. Moonglow could also work, the NW part of Moonglow, the place with the wall around it would be cool.

sssuuu

Knight

wkstrm;1862994 said:
Moonglow could also work, the NW part of Moonglow, the place with the wall around it would be cool.

Ahhh, I forgot about that place. Yah that would be Awesome, it never gets enough love because the center of the town is always the bank.

Though the one problem with holding it there, is that you have that long part that is not guarded in between, that I know Pkers will be staking it out waiting for people coming and going there. I mean seriously who has a rune marked out there right now.

Plus, a lot of newbies and other people don't know where it's at first hand, which a gate would probably have to be provided to get the maximum amount of people showing up.

Del is so nice, that everyone knows where it's at, and its all in guard zone, so it saves headaches all around.

But a variety is always a good thing. Either way, the fair is going to be awesome! I'm ready!~ *Has all his stuff ready to go!*

*Rides away on an emu*

Countessa

Knight

The fairgrounds will be in Delucia again. There is a location in every town that could be used for a fairground, but Delucia seems to have a nice, natural flow that increases activity. This results in an increase of sales for the merchants. I'll consider moving it to a new location next time, but for this go around we are back in Delucia.

Setup will begin sometime on Thursday. The Fair begins on Friday. (North American time zones).

Players will be able to add vendors after the Fair begins as well. Setup for vendors will not close until near the Fair end.

Hybrid Trade Fairs

Orgazmo

Knight

Also a question you said that you need to have the items and gold for the vendor in your bank....
What if i intend on setting up 6 different vendor and having all with 125 items to sell?
:(
No bank room for all that....

Countessa

Knight

The character you use for vendor setup will be able to carry items which you can bring with you. Between the character backpack and the bank, you should be able to set up two vendors and near-fill them. Once they are done you can leave, setup for the next two and come back. Players can use beetles and pack animals for additional items.
Or, setup all 6 at once and place a sample of items on each, to be added to once at the Fair.
If it's quiet, we can probably leave your vendors in one room until they are all finished. It will depend on the activity at the time.

What

Sorceror

Can a person be attacked when re-stocking his/her vendor after it starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.