UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Soloing Spawns on a Sampire - A Definitive Guide by Feersum Endjinn

Barnicoat

Knight
A little more work to do on skills:

Bushido 114.4
Chiv 64.7
Necro 100
Parry 120
Resist 100
Swords 116.4
Tactics 100

Hitpoints 110, Stamina 154, Mana 40

HCI 47%, DCI 23%, LMC 14%, FC1, FCR1

Resists 66/60/70/67/51 in vampire form

My jewels arn't very good, was planning to get a bit more fire/energy resist and fcr with some new jewels once I find the right piece.

Also I am using leggings of bane and CJH, the rest is runic. At some point I will upgrade the gloves, which will give me a little more stamina.

Still kinda figuring out all the spells and things too.

jaasso

Knight
i think you should be able to survive rikktor tier 4 with that when with a group with some practice depending on your weaponry, just have to be a little careful with how many monsters are on you. id raise swords all the way up to 120 before doing anything else though. also one more point in fc helps out a lot

Barnicoat

Knight
Ok, thanks for the info. This is only about the 2nd time I've taken it out for a spin, so I'm hoping I'll get a lot better. I haven't got a dragon/reptile slayer, but my general axe/s are OK.

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror
*i made a thread about this, but am redirecting here*
I see most people build sampire with swords and use a 2h axe.
why? is it just because it hits the hardest and has whirlwind?

I, personally, have an archer samp. it works well.

now my question is.. is axes that much better than bows?
i will admit it is MUCH easier to find great samp axes than it is to find bows.
we need runic fletching :[

tonyex

Sorceror
for bows you cant use whirland strike. Which means you can leech less hps in a swamp.
I love maces too but its even harder to get the right weapon from pure loots :/

the reason for double axes is that they have the second best DPS of any current whirlwind weapon demise has, only behind the black staff. Since double axes can be runic crafted and the black staff can't its much easier to get your hands on a set of double axes.

When Radiant Scimitars finally hit demise you will most likely see a new evolution of the whirlwind spawner. Since they have almost identical DPS while only needing 60 stam to reach max swing with 30ssi and are one handed. Much like the necro tamer idea, there will be a lot of variants based on your secondary purposes of the template.

kostek

Sorceror
When Radiant Scimitars finally hit demise you will most likely see a new evolution of the whirlwind spawner. Since they have almost identical DPS while only needing 60 stam to reach max swing with 30ssi and are one handed. Much like the necro tamer idea, there will be a lot of variants based on your secondary purposes of the template.
Yeah, my 4/6 chiv/necro/tamer and his greater dragon are waiting for those weapons, same like ninja/bush/necro for leafblade.

Still kinda figuring out all the spells and things too.
This is only about the 2nd time I've taken it out for a spin
Should I stick to some other spawns for awhile til I get better?
Survivability goes up almost imperceptibly with every little improvement to your suit, but it rises much more obviously with every hour you put into playing the template...

I never really bothered to practice Coon, but It took me months to move on from Neira to Meph, to Rikk and finally to Semidar. Admittedly, I had to work out for myself a lot of what I have tried to pass on in this guide, but even so it will take a while before you get comfortable with all the little ins and outs that make the difference between success and failure.

If you are in a group, then just have fun at whatever spawn you happen to be doing. If you are going solo and want to have a chance to actually complete the spawn, go for Coon (for a quick ego boost ;)), Neira or Meph to start with. Most people will just find T4 Rikk, Tok or Semi too frustrating to begin with.

I see most people build sampire with swords and use a 2h axe.
why? is it just because it hits the hardest and has whirlwind? is axes that much better than bows?
There are no bows with Whirlwind attack, and WW is what you need to achieve the highest damage output vs multiple monsters to solo Champion Spawns fast.

I did once see an Archer solo Semidar (it was either Will or Alllex - I can't remember which :oops: ), but it took quite a while and required very specific equipment as well as a lot of skill.

For 1vs1 in situations where you can keep your distance from the enemy, I'm sure Archery is a good choice. I just prefer the adrenaline hit of getting in close and going head to head(s) with whatever appears on my screen... :p

FE

Barnicoat

Knight
Thanks FE, in that case I'm going to keep on trucking with the equipment I have, I'm only short of your minimum requirements in a couple of places, and even then, not by much.

Kind of minor question... I have whirlwind set to a hotkey, how do you time it right? I find if I have sound up enough you can here it go off, then just tap it again before next swing. Is there a better way? I also notice if I have the secondary weapon special icon on screen, it does not light up when I press my hotkey, which would be helpful.

Barnicoat

Knight
Human, not Elf. The only advantage for an Elf is the extra 20 Mana, but this is countered by all the advantages of going Human: +3 innate MR; 20% Hide Chance (invaluable in Fel); ability to use Curse Weapon (and even Nature's Fury and Teleport in a pinch); Can carry more gold; etc; etc...

Also, what do you mean by this? We have 100 necro already.

EDIT: Hahaha, I might have found the root of some of my rikktor problems.... was just reading the guide some more, and noticed that using enemy of one is a bad idea for t4 rikktor... guess what I was "testing out" during t4 rikktor lol :rolleyes:

Kinda explains why I suddenly starting spam-dying :p

Also, what do you mean by this? We have 100 necro already.
EDIT: Hahaha, I might have found the root of some of my rikktor problems.... was just reading the guide some more, and noticed that using enemy of one is a bad idea for t4 rikktor... guess what I was "testing out" during t4 rikktor lol
Curse Weapon duration depends on SS, not Necro. With 20 SS from JOAT you get nearly 10 seconds, with zero you get... zero :p

Haha... If you find some way to split the Dragons from the Ophidians, I'll take it all back.

FE

Barnicoat

Knight
Ahhhh yes, I knew there was something I had overlooked with that curse wep :p I was looking at it and thinking man.... curse wep duration must be close to 0.... but I forgot about joat.... that's an epic advantage, wow.

Haha, yeah, won't be doing that again :p

The benefit of the razor macro is you can hold the key down, while the client macro toggles the special on and off when you hold it down.

Barnicoat

Knight
If you want the icon to light up make a client macro for it - it wont work if you use a razor macro.

The benefit of the razor macro is you can hold the key down, while the client macro toggles the special on and off when you hold it down.

Ahhh thanks :), I think I'd rather use razor then. I'm always just spamming it lol. I can listen to the sound of it going off and it's ok.

Mashu

Page
Yea I thought the same thing. T4 is hard and it gets really annoying when everything starts to run away - I have yet to complete the spawn solo. Last week I got really pumped to do the spawn and got up at 5AM, but HZ rolled in at T3 with like 5 guys(lol), killed me, ressed me, res killed me, then proceeded to not do the spawn. =/

I have just been doing lots of coons since they go so fast, and if you get raided people will actually do the spawn so at least there is some action.

Barnicoat

Knight
Yeah, sometimes if I time it right I can cast evasion and run into like 5+ lich lords and 5+ rc's and just survive enough to pwn them. It's cool when that happens.

But other times I just get dumped on like a little bitch lol. I THINK I have the gear and skills to complete it, just need practice I guess. If I can stop dying on tier 4 and control how many I'm taking at one time, it should be all good. I wish I had a better tier 4 axe, the HML is a little low, I'm about to up my dex a little which will increase my swing, so hoping that will help.