UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Soloing Spawns on a Sampire - A Definitive Guide by Feersum Endjinn

Barnicoat

Knight
Might have missed it, but... exactly how much stamina are we losing from casting mobs? Like if we have 168 stamina, and we get cursed, are we at 150 now? 140 now? I know it probably changes depending on some factors, but a rough estimate?

Might have missed it, but... exactly how much stamina are we losing from casting mobs? Like if we have 168 stamina, and we get cursed, are we at 150 now? 140 now? I know it probably changes depending on some factors, but a rough estimate?
It depends on your Resisting Spells Skill and on the Skills of the mob casting on you.

But for T4 casters (which are the ones we need to worry about) a Curse will drop you from 163 down to (approximately) 150-152. 150 is often the cut-off point for maximum Swing Speed, so this was why I recommended 163 as the absolute minimum Stam to aim for.

Obviously - more is better :)

FE

Barnicoat

Knight
Ok, good to know, thanks FE :)

I suspected it might have been around that. It's just, I have a axe for tier 4.... di hml hsl ssi, but the SSI is only 10% (just starting out), and I was trying to figure out if I go for CJH for the HCI and stam bonus or do I go for a Daimyo's helm for the extra SSI, which will probably give me another .25 of a second swing. Or possibly even both, and switch to Daimyo's at tier 4?

Thoughts? (my hit area axe has 25 ssi, so dont need the extra ssi there)

foxandrei

Sorceror
if i were u, i would use CJH.. but it depends on ur swordsmanship skill and HCI, if u have 120 swordsmanship skill and 45hci without CJH , then u dont have to use it, CJH gives u +20 swordsmanship and 15 HCI so u can use ur 20 skill point for another skills. and Daimyo's Helm only gives u +10 SSI.. but u can get +10 SSI from DF(Divine Fury). so u wont have to wear Daimyo's helm. if u have +20 DCI on ur suit, DF wont hurt u that much (DF causes -20 DCI penalty)...

briefly, CJH will be better choice imo.. ^^

Barnicoat

Knight
Thanks fox,

Yeah, unfortuantely Daimyo's helm ONLY gives the 10% ssi.... hasn't really got anything else going for it.

I was planning on hunting down some 2/1 10+ HCI, 10+ DCI jewels, as I have leggings of bane, so I only need another 25% HCI from jewels. I am too poor for nice 3/1's, so thought I'd sacrifice 1 or 2 faster cast recovery to start out with.

That's kinda what I was wondering actually. I did some calculations, and the difference between 10 SSI and 25 SSI seemed to be only 1/4 of a second in swing speed. So I think for a beginner like me, and in the interests of saving some money, I think I can get by swinging a tiny bit slower.

CJH makes it easier to find good jewels and also gives me that swords skill, which will be useful.

Mashu

Page
Sorry if this has already been asked, but how do you make sure you are always hitting something? I have been practicing at Despise and have kind of gotten the hang of things, but sometimes after killing a bunch of stuff my guy just stands there in the middle of a pit of rat mages and dies. Anyone have any pointers they could give me?

Thoughts?
CJH without a doubt. Otherwise you are just wasting too many mod slots. (Use Daimyo's for T1-2 if you want though...)

My Demon Slayer only has 10%SSI and it works ok.

Also, once you factor in Divine Fury, you don't swing any faster with 30% total SSI than you do with 20%. You will only notice the difference when you don't have DF up or when your Stam drops below 150.

how do you make sure you are always hitting something?
set up a target closest/attack last target macro in razor.
This.

When you get far enough to want to kill the Champion, you can also make specific macros for "Target by Type (Mephitis)/Attack Last Target" and put them on hotkeys too.

FE

Mashu

Page
Thanks for the tip, works like a charm! I am having a great time playing around with this template, I don't think I have ever really enjoyed PvM much but this is crazy fun.

One thing I noticed is that the level one spawn(slimes) at Despise wears down durability on my axe super fast. Like 100 durability/2 reds. How does everyone deal with this? Bring a couple axes and switch? Or is it just that no one does coon on a sampire?

foxandrei

Sorceror
i always carry 3 d.axes in my backpack when im gonna do Coon.. there is no other choice :/

and dont forget..... "PoF everything to 255"

I am having a great time playing around with this template, I don't think I have ever really enjoyed PvM much but this is crazy fun
I'm glad - and just hearing that other people are having as much fun as I have with it makes me think it was worth while writing up this guide.

i always carry 3 d.axes in my backpack when im gonna do Coon.. there is no other choice :/
and dont forget..... "PoF everything to 255"
Hehe...

Two axes normally do the trick. You can also try to target rats as often as possible - and kill the slimes with your Hit Area before they get close...

FE

foxandrei

Sorceror
Two axes normally do the trick. You can also try to target rats as often as possible - and kill the slimes with your Hit Area before they get close...

thats brillant idea... or would be if i had an axe with hit area :p as u said before... i pof'd everything to 255 and it also works well till i get second tear in coon.. but thanks for informing about tricks ;)

Barnicoat

Knight
Hey again guys,

FE, there is a bit of info in your first post about kills required per minute to advance the spawn. Is there a place where I can look at more complete information regarding this?

Thanks,

Barni.

Mashu

Page
So I have pretty much bankrupted myself crafting axes but I am still yet to get an HML SSI Hit area axe, so I was wondering if I could get some advice on which axe to use in the early levels. Right now the best I have from a billion bronze and a couple of gold hammers are these two:

DI 40
Hit Cold 46
HML48
HLL 34

DI40
Hit Energy 50
HML 46
HSL 34

Right now I am using #2 because I like the HSL, as it makes it so I don't have to cast DF as often which is good because I am stuck at only 1FC until I can get a good ring(using vile now =/).

Also in general, how important is SSI on my axes? I have only made one really nice axe with SSI(DI HML HSL SSI, pretty much the "Tier 4 D-Axe" as described the guide), but I am not sure when to use it - if I have a slayer it seems I should be using that, SSI or no, or am I wrong?

Also in general, how important is SSI on my axes? I have only made one really nice axe with SSI(DI HML HSL SSI, pretty much the "Tier 4 D-Axe" as described the guide), but I am not sure when to use it - if I have a slayer it seems I should be using that, SSI or no, or am I wrong?
SSI is what save your life
the faster you throw a blow the faster you get your hp restored
This pretty much sums it up. But...

Since getting all those perfect axes is tough, you do have various options:

For T1 and T2 you have two choices: you can use a slow axe (#2 is better) with Daimyo's Helm, or you can use your General Purpose T4 axe without Hit Area. You shouldn't be having any problems staying alive for the first two levels of the spawn, so it is only a question of which option is fastest for you.

Same choice for T3, but I'd lean towards using the fast HML HSL SSI axe because a) you have to kill fewer mobs to advance candles; b) the T3 mobs hit harder, so fast leech is more important and c) You probably can't wear Daimyo's without reducing your resists and HCI to the point where you miss too often and take too much damage when hit.

T4 is more problematic: unless you have a (never-seen-on-Demise) Slayer with HML HSL SSI, none of your options are perfect. For some spawns the fast non-slayer is definitely better (Meph, for example), while for others you will want to swap back and forth depending n the situation (eg at Neira use the fast T4 Axe until LLs are dead and then switch to the slow Slayer to kill the RCs).

FE

Avenger.

Sorceror
I put a decent suit together and skilled up my dude, but I cannot find an axe with hit area + ML + SSI for sale anywhere. How much do these typically go for anyway?