UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Soloing Spawns on a Sampire - A Definitive Guide by Feersum Endjinn

Lucifall

Knight
I put a decent suit together and skilled up my dude, but I cannot find an axe with hit area + ML + SSI for sale anywhere. How much do these typically go for anyway?
I didn't find one for less than 1kk. Not sure if that's the going rate tho.

I didn't find one for less than 1kk. Not sure if that's the going rate tho.
I think everyone knows my opinion by now... :p

If you find someone willing to sell you one for a Mil, snap it up. For 10m? Snap it up. For a major Arty? snap it up.

Unless you are incredibly lucky, whatever you pay is going to be cheaper and faster than crafting it yourself.

FE

Barnicoat

Knight
FE is right, if you're going off hammers burnt.... hell.

I was gifted one by a very generous friend, otherwise I seriously WOULD NOT have one :p

So basically it's not worth doing this build unless I can find an axe like that, right?
You can complete all the classic spawns with just a HML HSL SSI Axe, Avenger. It does take longer, obviously - but it is doable and good practice. As you improve your axe collection, that practice will really pay off...

FE

Barnicoat

Knight
So basically it's not worth doing this build unless I can find an axe like that, right?

It's going to come down to whether or not you can survive and do it fast enough to advance the spawn. Most people I see running around don't have axes like these.

I think it depends on the spawn and whether or not you're soloing it. I know this thread is about soloing spawns with a sampire, but even if you have one friend to spawn with, it's going to make things a whole buttload easier.

Barnicoat

Knight
Hey, so on the topic of durability... how fast does everything get damaged?

I know the axes get damaged pretty quick, but what about armour? I just realised that my Cpt John's Hat isn't going to be with me forever :(, but how long have I got? Like will it last 2 spawns, 3 spawns? If so it's going to be an expensive hobby, which I hope will pay for itself haha. Either that or I'm gonna have to do ONLY neira lol.

Mashu

Page
Unless I am missing something, you can still repair replicas, you just cant POF them. So you should be good for a few hundred repairs at least I think. From my experience the chest piece loses durability fastest, followed by legs then arms/hat, with gorget/gloves losing durability the slowest. I usually repair my axes and chest piece after every spawn, and the rest as needed.

PS. Someone sell me Captain Johns Hat. DPH is so lame. =[

Barnicoat

Knight
Hehe, yeah, I'm just thinking, when it gets quite low, it's just going to break over the course of a spawn. I think I'm going to park my tailor off to the side of the spawn for repairing it lol

Barnicoat

Knight
Does everyone have a "holy fuck this is awesome" moment when making their sampires? Cos I just had mine.

Decided to go to sleeping dragon to raise bushido a bit using momentum strike (which by the way is quite fast), after about an hour I finally hit 90 tactics and 110 swords (with CJH), so thought I'd try out whirlwind. By this stage it was the end of tier 1, and I thought I had been pwning them pretty hard before that....

Then comes the holy fuck moment when I'm just cutting down tier two monsters by the hundreds lol.... that's pretty goddamn awesome :D...

So I thought screw bushido, and starting actually doing the spawn. Got into tier 3 and had to leave due to armour and axes too close to breaking point :p

But all in all it was pretty epic for my first outing with my sampire. I don't think I would have been able to finish the spawn, but those first 2 or 3 tiers were great fun :)

Off to PoF everything to 255, so this annoying problem doesn't occur again! :p

If you don't have parry, your leggings will go first, everytime, no matter what.

Usually followed by tunic, gorget, and then hat sleeves and gloves.

I've 255'd all my gear hundreds of times and spend most days fighting macer variants.

Legs WILL go first.

Barnicoat

Knight
Thanks, yeah I've been messing around a bit last day or so, and it seems leggings/tunic/axe are the three to watch. My sleeves in particular are taking nearly no damage, the other three are a little more but still not heaps.

I know this thread is about soloing spawns with a sampire, but even if you have one friend to spawn with, it's going to make things a whole buttload easier.
Two Sampires together are fast as hell. Just tagging along in a group spawn is great practice and allows you not to worry so much about kill rate (and is really good fun too).

Hehe, yeah, I'm just thinking, when it gets quite low, it's just going to break over the course of a spawn. I think I'm going to park my tailor off to the side of the spawn for repairing it lol
With Parry: Tunic then Legs. CJH takes between 8 and 15 point loss per spawn if you wear it for all tiers, so I always repair mine whenever it gets below 15. That is still a hell of a lot of spawns before it *poofs*.

Does everyone have a "holy fuck this is awesome" moment when making their sampires? Cos I just had mine
I hope so. I certainly did...

;)

FE

Does everyone have a "holy fuck this is awesome" moment when making their sampires? Cos I just had mine.

when i first brought the idea of whirlwind spawners to demise you should have seen the price of titans hammer sky rocket. It went from a purely deco item to a beast of a spawn weapon almost overnight. You never got to truly see awesome, counter attack/ww spam before the changes could make even the slowest of weapons consistently swing faster than 1sec. Different era for sure...

You never got to truly see awesome, counter attack/ww spam before the changes could make even the slowest of weapons consistently swing faster than 1sec. Different era for sure...
I think you'd moved on to other things when I started, PH. I got the idea (and a ton of help) from a Chinese(?) guy called Grey Goose. Our convos (and pms) were pretty funny, given my complete lack of any Asian language at all and his very, very basic English - but he knocked the basic skills into my head one way or another... :oops: It still took ages to work up from Coon and Neira to Rikk and Semi though....

Funny you mention the WW/CA spam, because (post fixes/nerfs/etc anyway) it took me bloody ages to work out exactly how to make that combo work outside the laboratory (thanks, EC).

FE

Barnicoat

Knight
Just had a go at Rikktor on my sampire (not solo)

No sweat until tier 3, when I had to be careful, and died a few times. Tier 4 seems undoable at my skill level.

Will that change? Should I stick to some other spawns for awhile til I get better?

jaasso

Knight
Just had a go at Rikktor on my sampire (not solo)

No sweat until tier 3, when I had to be careful, and died a few times. Tier 4 seems undoable at my skill level.

Will that change? Should I stick to some other spawns for awhile til I get better?

what's your skills/hit points/stamina/mana/hci/dci/lmc/fc at now and what kinda axe(s) you got?