UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard Publish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread Eight

Sorceror
Re: Shard Publish

Worst publish ever. Not everyone plays so much that they know every one in the shard. Some of us are after work players and only have the option to hunt solo. IMO this is being racist towards soloers. No i dont camp lichs/elders etc. I just go out and hunt anything that comes to mind. Now nothing comes to mind. Be prepared for a few IDOCS coming very soon. Ill post pics as to the locations.

Anya

Wanderer

those saying that they can be killed less by players in dungeons also imply that all people that "do kill in dungeons" have less fun now...

And i think the amount of pks out there that like stopping by destard or shame is quite huge. I don't know how the relation of pkers/pvmers on this shard is but this patch benefits only one side and harms the other. (thanks for delucia not being a dungeon!)

OSI constantly kept moving towards a more pvm based game and ruined it bit by bit. *ring a bell?*

*sarcasm on*
I have a great idea! Everytime a house goes idoc spawn a champ with tons of adds there... people pvp/pk way too much around idocs!

Come on now folks, it's not like tram has been put in place. Besides I've seen plenty of pk's in the dungeons tonight. And theres certainly a well deserved challenege to pvm now.

Change is good.

Stevian

Wanderer

Change is very good, and I saw someone being chased out of Covetous by a red as I was going in. Besides, if your not strong enough to come down to where im at in a dungeon, its an insult for you to fight, or even kill me. XD Besides, people there need to be a penalty for pks somewhere, and I can finally hunt *reasonably* safely. It works all around ^_^ I even got a Vanq War Axe last night and felt I was safe enough I didn't have to bank it immediately :3

Well, I completed my rounds of the dungeons and all i can say is OMFG. This is absolutly gay. Ryan, u are taking a huge chance with this publish. Its either gonna bring in all the trammies or utterly destroy the pvp aspect. U didnt have to make all the dungeons be an unproffessional gay fest wich coudlve been done much nicer and more in tune with the fantasy aspect of this game ( oh shit 4 lich lords ill be damned, omg four more lich lords ill be damned, omg foru more lich lords ill be damned every1 is a lich lord.) You had a great thing going with the spawns as it was. I had an incredible set of dungeon spawns going where i coudlve gotten 12k every 8 min and players were still unable to discover it. The over world respanw was a great idea, but once again having a bunch of lords of everything in the forest in the same spot makes the whole fantasy experience obselete.... why not throw in some darknight creepers in yew gy. As an example before this publish, vesper gy was a pretty good challenge to a decent sized group of players. Do you honeslty think your going to get 15 players coordinating attacks on a room full o magic casting mosnters. Sure you might do so, so they can party msg each other to heal b4 they die, or u can get 15 players in vent trying to sync on one fo the 23 thousand liches in the room. I havent even seen enough players on in general to tackle these dungeons, nevermind the fact that they will never be able to get into a coordinated group to even attempt some of the shit that i have seen.

Overall, this is a terrible turn of events for UOG Hybrid. I dont think things will ever be the same around here. This shard is either going to die out very soon or become OSI 2 aka trammel? Neither of these options are pleasant. I beg u to reverse this trash or let some ppl that acutally know how to spawn shit work on this. Not only is it terrible it is UNPROFFESSIONAL LOOKING. Good luck, all i know is that im donating to make a bank sitter, and fuck that. By the way all pvp is now going to take place at brit gy and brit mg. Say BUH BYE to dugneon pvp. Ill enjoy emoting there in guard zone by the mg pissing whatever players are left off...............................

Ryan, why do u think sooooooooooo many ppl stopped playing ( white shedevil and all of the original e, rocksteady , cerbriuos arcane, deacon frost, check 6, one luv, demented jester, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.) U NEED TO SAVE THIS PLACE. But once again, if u feel that this is the right thing to do, go ahead, it is ur shard after all, i just beg u not to ban me for speakign out.

Ur right KGB, i will shut the fuck up. Fuck what happens here. Im banksitting the rest of my days around here, hopefully ull have more new trammies join u in ur quest for trammienessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss..................

Monoxide

Sorceror

PvP with consenting players, aka PvP without easy loot, is still available in other places besides dungeons.

Riots at midnight

It is difficult to weigh old and new, while the old attracts the status quo the new demands innovation. I initially bad mouthed the switch but explored a little deeper in the dungeons and doesnt seem as bad. much more dangerous and no han soloing which is a real drag. if i wanted to play guild wars id play it. Ultima is about the individual more than the many even if no one else will admit it. But its way harder and that makes for a challange. Except the balrons. You gotta put those back in. probably need to know new dungeons as well as the old to give a fair judgement.

the only think i really dont like about the spawn, is the liche spawns, i went to yew liches and there werent any there......i went to ancient liches(the one in the middle of the woods) and nothing there......and they dont drop like they used to, what i do like, is i went to titans and found tons of pvp, went to "ogre lords" and found more pvp, then i went to elder gazers and found mongbats....wtf?

The problem is that pvp that doesnt have "easy" loot usually means exceptional armor and some pots. I think there coudlve been more enhancements made to spawns. A complete respawn was unneccessary. If anything, itll be even easier to hunt down blues becuase they are the ones that will be getting attacked by the hords of spawns and not the reds that jsut ran htrough to get to them.

i cant believe they nerfed my yew graveyard. u dropped the loot on liches and now u took away the lich lords. not everyone has 10 friends to dungoun fight with and i prefer to hunt solo anyways. just put something back in the yew graveyard or tear it down cuz its stupid spawning 3 skeletons and a few zombies.

-this shard continues to be a pvp based shard. rarely seems like any thought is put into anyone that prefers to fight monsters.

I think this was a very big gamble. Its either gonna be a great way to attract new players and get more player interaction, or this will be the downfall of this shard. I think its just too much to gamble with. And what are all the new players going to do for gold on this shard to compete with ppl like me who are already farming 12k gold every 6 min. New players arent gonna be too happy when they realize that they must travel to some far ass dungeon and start popping lizard men for 30gp. Kill off a few hundred of them (boring) and get his ass pk'd because of all the time he's been staying in one spot there farming lizard men. All though this is gonna start a new trend in char creation.... the banksitting snitch lol look for ppl making parties ( cuz it will be either at brit bank or del bank) and just start spamming vent and forums with location of large blue parties...... lol itll be great.

Also delucia passage wasnt even spawned....dunno if this was intentional.

Not World Of Warcraft

Ok look im an old school Uo player... I came to this server because I heard it was the most populated server and best one going around right now... I have been here 2 weeks spent mad hours making my characters and getting settled in just for Ryan to Patch JUST LIKE OSI would and spoil a good server. Look RYAN. There is NO loot system. There is no way people are gonna be forming groups and doing this man... Its not gonna happen ur gonna drive all the good players outta the server and u will be left with all the newblets... Gj on spoiling the server soon u would be GM of nothing, because everyone is going to quit. I suggest not TOTALLY screwing the server over like this. Its unneccessary the server was striving well the way it was. Yes its your server and you can do whatever you like with it. But this is rediculous. I recall into off a rune and die instantly 5 flame strikes up the ass. GJ your such a CHAMP! Oh BTW... Almost everyone Ive spoken to ingame agrees its a bad move. So again I say enjoy being Gm of NOTHING in the next few months. GG

Personally, I still am confused on how this suddenly ruined pvp. This has nothing to do with pvp, really.

The only change to pvp in the dungeons is bring more people. Instead of trying to take out some newb tamer on your solo pk. Now you'll need a small group just to get to him, no big deal. Hell, you could probably still do things solo, just have to be quick.

Bunch of whiners, tbh.

Dungeon spawns can be handled by a group of 2-5, even a solo bard. The champ spawns will require groups of 10+.

Sorry, little Johnny, no BMW for you this christmas. =(

Dumbass

Look... People DONT goto dungeons to share the loot. THEY GO TO FARM GOLD FOR REGS and SHIT. WHAT DONT U GET ABOUT THAT. PEOPLE DONT WANT LFG 7x MAGE ONLY REST OF SPOTS FILLED! LIKE PLZ THIS ISNT WORLD OF WARCRAFT THIS IS UO... IF U THINK YOUR COMING UP WITH SOME SPECIAL NEW IDEA TO CHANGE UO INTO SOMETHING ITS NOT, THEN UR CRAZY. New players to the server dont wanna waste 20 hours to make 10k for regs. OK ? and another thing... the sheep spawn removed from outfront glow... What was that for ? ahahahahahaha to slow down new players even more ? What a joke. This should be reverted back to how it was before Ryan becomes GM of the 20 newbs who stick around.

M

Mark

I think its safe to say that for every person whining in this thread there are 10 others logged in dungeon crawling and having a great time.

Client count has been higher than ever the past few days.

M

Mark

Yes, it takes a group to clear some places, but it doesn't mean solo farming is dead. Hythloth, Deceit, Shame gazers, there are countless places were a solo tamer can get by.

Status
Not open for further replies.