UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard Move

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Over the past two nighs we moved Hybrid, Demise, Divinity and Revelation from Washington DC to Houston Texas. The reasoning was simple, there were performance issues for our players caused mostly by the routing in Washington DC.

We took a sample of the past 180 days of our player base by geographic location and determined based on routing this location is the best for our players.

We are using Demise, Divinity and Revelation as a test bed right now on a full scale storage area network to see how it will either impact or help performance. Please be patient as we work through this.

Hybrid and its large player base demands a much higher amount of resources and was upgraded during the move to a new 24 core (Xeon 5670), 36 gigs of RAM and new solid state drive array.

We hope you enjoy these moves as they show our further commitment to RunUO and UOGamers :)

Please feel free to thank Mark for his work in getting the move completed last night!

Thanks,
Ryan

THANK YOU SO MUCH! i have an event ready to go friday in this honor!!!!!

Also thanks mark for your hard work and i hope to see how fast i am on sallos once again!!! i am already ultra fast once again on razor so i know sallos is gonna be just a DREAM COME TRUE!!!!

As far as I'm concerned I did not notice much difference between before and now, except for a small increase in latency is not constant but depends on tee times, and I think over time the staf will make this problem disappear entirely, and so I wanted to thank Mark and Ryan and all the staf of UO, because through their efforts we can play in the best way.