UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Server Move

Jab

Wanderer
Re: Server Move

Formater;1683699 said:
I am just going to guess but I would imagine you find yourself banned from the forums before the day ends. Guess we will see.

If you want a UO server in Texas go buy one ServerBeach - Unmanaged Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Self-Managed Dedicated Hosting and run your own.

LoL,

I have no lag problems.... my ping went from 60- 75..... AS i stated in my first post " my ping went up a little bit"

and ban? if they wanna forum ban me for stating people are pinger higher ... let them.

Formater

Knight

Jab;1683701 said:
LoL,

I have no lag problems.... my ping went from 60- 75..... AS i stated in my first post " my ping went up a little bit"

and ban? if they wanna forum ban me for stating people are pinger higher ... let them.

I think you should learn about packet loss before your start trying to argue about ping rates.

Jab

Wanderer

if u wanna think in your little brain , that ryan has the ability to know what everyone pings and how much packet loss they have and all that internet bullshit..... then you are a retard. just stfu and get off his nuts jesus christ.

Formater

Knight

Jab;1683706 said:
if u wanna think in your little brain , that ryan has the ability to know what everyone pings and how much packet loss they have and all that internet bullshit..... then you are a retard. just stfu and get off his nuts jesus christ.

It says your 25 but I find it impossible to believe.
Mark and Ryan know more about the internet than you ever will.
Oh and FYI I never said that peoples ping rates did not go up. I went from a amazing 18ms to 40ms. No change in game play at all. Go figure.

As for your claim that they do not know what people ping ect guess what? They have your ip. They have your ip on the forums and they have it on hybrid. So yes just as easy as you can ping the server the server can ping you. The fact is the shard is centered now in the middle of the states and it really evens things out.

I have also seen a lot of threads saying a lot of peoples ping went down. Everyones packet loss went down. The move was for the best and its here to stay so get used to it.

Jab

Wanderer

You think they are/would check peoples pings and determine if a server move should be made again ? No i dont think so

Formater

Knight

Jab;1683710 said:
You think they are/would check peoples pings and determine if a server move should be made again ? No i dont think so

If your asking me if I think they are even considering moving the server again at this time than the answer is no. It cost Ryan a ton of money to move it.
In the long run his internet bills will go down and that allows us to continue enjoying this game despite the fact gas is now 4.00 a gallon and everything else on the planet is more expensive.

Would they do tests to help people get their problems resolved than yes. They have many times before.

top notch

Wanderer

Formater;1683709 said:
Mark and Ryan know more about the internet than you ever will.

How do you type with such good grammar, with their dicks in your hands?

don't ban me teeheeee

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Jab;1683688 said:
Remember the last server move? Con loss after world saves , random freezes, spikey lag..... what makes you think this server doesnt raise others ping? Oh let me guess...... cause admin ryan says so?

That wasnt a network change either... you're a dumbass kid.

Jab;1683688 said:
Well ryan dont have a clue about other peoples providers and the amount of hops and whatever else people have to go threw for this new server.

Yes I do... I trace providers on everyone who complains... your provider blows ass.

Jab;1683688 said:
for him its great , he lives in ohio.

Its great foor everyone because I can drive 30 minutes and reboot the box and do what I need to do.

End of the day Jab - you're a dumbass. You think you're the all knowing network engineer....

Your premise equipment has the IP of c-76-106-242-254.hsd1.fl.comcast.net. Since it's firewalled I can't actually ping your premise equipment so I went ahead and traced it out:

1: da1.cincinnati.fasterping.com (209.173.139.11) 0.138ms pmtu 1500
1: gw1.cincinnati.fasterping.com (209.173.139.1) 0.185ms
2: 209.173.128.70 (209.173.128.70) 2.150ms
3: border-router-5-2.profitability.net (209.173.128.18) 0.738ms
4: border-router-5-1.profitability.net (209.173.128.22) asymm 3 1.327ms
5: 207-250-147-225.static.twtelecom.net (207.250.147.225) 1.746ms
6: dist-02-ge-3-1-0-401.brfd.twtelecom.net (66.192.254.70) asymm 9 20.258ms
7: pos-0-6-0-0-cr01.atlanta.ga.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.85.170) asymm 11 32.854ms
8: 68.86.91.101 (68.86.91.101) asymm 11 33.075ms
9: te-1-1-ar02.augusta.ga.augusta.comcast.net (68.86.91.102) asymm 11 36.525ms
10: te-7-4-ar01.pompanobeach.fl.pompano.comcast.net (68.85.229.229) asymm 11 50.408ms
11: te-9-4-ar01.southsiderdc.fl.jacksvil.comcast.net (68.85.229.230) 55.956ms
12: te-8-1-ur01.timuquana.fl.jacksvil.comcast.net (68.85.225.66) asymm 11 56.918ms
13: te-9-1-ur01.fleming.fl.jacksvil.comcast.net (68.86.168.101) asymm 12 56.239ms
14: te-8-1-ur01.orangepark.fl.jacksvil.comcast.net (68.86.168.85) asymm 13 56.912ms

So... your shitty ass provider has five hops in Florida alone...

Since I'm unable to hit your premise device I ran a ping against your last hop....

It pinged out at a solid 56ms and barely fluctuated... if YOU are experiencing lag it is YOUR fault... you're such a dumbass for trying to make this the servers fault that I can't even begin to comprehend what kind of jackass you must be "irl".

Wake the fuck up...

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Jab;1683706 said:

I can tell you how much packetloss you have and what your ping is buddy... pound sand.

Felony-FA

Sorceror

I don't proclaim to be an internet expert by any means, but wouldn't the location of the server (in this case the middle of the states), be a moot point if the server were not on either the same or better backbone than the previous one located in Texas?

Also as an aside, my ping did more than double, but as far as game play is concerned, I have noticed that the increase in ping seems to be relative to what I experienced before the move. In other words, "I" noticed a difference in game play from my previous ping, but whether or not that is considered universally "laggy" is probably more relative to my own experience rather than that of the general population. If for example "100ms ping or over is considered universally the point at which lag makes a difference to most, then I wouldn't fit that category since my ping went from 18 to 85, but to me, I am noticing a really big difference than before. My options now, which I assume will be the same for all of those experiencing higher ping, will be to either change gaming style or quit.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Felony-FA;1683729 said:
I don't proclaim to be an internet expert by any means, but wouldn't the location of the server (in this case the middle of the states), be a moot point if the server were not on either the same or better backbone than the previous one located in Texas?

Also as an aside, my ping did more than double, but as far as game play is concerned, I have noticed that the increase in ping seems to be relative to what I experienced before the move. In other words, "I" noticed a difference in game play from my previous ping, but whether or not that is considered universally "laggy" is probably more relative to my own experience rather than that of the general population. If for example "100ms ping or over is considered universally the point at which lag makes a difference to most, then I wouldn't fit that category since my ping went from 18 to 85, but to me, I am noticing a really big difference than before. My options now, which I assume will be the same for all of those experiencing higher ping, will be to either change gaming style or quit.

I'll reiterate what I said before:

Guys a few things to keep in mind... if you're going to complain about pings...

If I ran a straight shot of fiber from Denver to Cincinnati for players on the west coast the theoretical minimum ping is about 20ms (this is figuring 200 * 10^6 meters per second for the speed of light (through fiber optic cable)) when you factor in various splices along the way, various network equipment you're going to hit in the area of ~40 - 45ms of latency from Denver.

The bottom line is that ping is not nearly as important as things like jitter and packetloss. Your number one enemy in this game is packetloss and you've been experiencing it all day long in Texas. In order to improve the performance we are getting out of the states where congestion is a major problem (Texas) and moving to Ohio.

This is good for a few reasons... it drastically lowers our bills (long term). Short term I'm spending an astronomical amount of money on servers to do all of this... however once we reach the return on investment for the hardware which will take approximately 12 months our bills will be cut in 1/5th of what they were every month for the past two years. This is a significant cost savings and it allows us to provide MUCH better servers/service.

Felony-FA

Sorceror

Ryan,

Out of curiosity, I don't believe I ever experienced any packetloss or jitters, but could this be that I am located in Texas?

Was the packetloss and jitters mostly experienced by the connections coming into Texas rather than the ones that were local to the servers or was it a problem for everyone that I may have just be fortunate enough to not experience?

The considerations you went through to move the severs seems like a no-brainer to me, but I was wondering if the decision to move was based mostly on the financial aspect or the technical issue? I'm sure you checked a lot of different hosting sites for prices to keep the the servers in Texas in order to keep the game play experience for all users consistent to what they were experiencing before the move. If not, in hind site, it might have saved a lot of complaining that this thread has generated.

Jab

Wanderer

Ryan;1683727 said:
That wasnt a network change either... you're a dumbass kid.

Yes I do... I trace providers on everyone who complains... your provider blows ass.

Its great foor everyone because I can drive 30 minutes and reboot the box and do what I need to do.

End of the day Jab - you're a dumbass. You think you're the all knowing network engineer....

Your premise equipment has the IP of c-76-106-242-254.hsd1.fl.comcast.net. Since it's firewalled I can't actually ping your premise equipment so I went ahead and traced it out:

So... your shitty ass provider has five hops in Florida alone...

Since I'm unable to hit your premise device I ran a ping against your last hop....

It pinged out at a solid 56ms and barely fluctuated... if YOU are experiencing lag it is YOUR fault... you're such a dumbass for trying to make this the servers fault that I can't even begin to comprehend what kind of jackass you must be "irl".

Wake the fuck up...

so why in game does it say i max at 80ms? hmm?

Formater

Knight

Felony-FA;1683742 said:
Ryan,

Out of curiosity, I don't believe I ever experienced any packetloss or jitters, but could this be that I am located in Texas?

Was the packetloss and jitters mostly experienced by the connections coming into Texas rather than the ones that were local to the servers or was it a problem for everyone that I may have just be fortunate enough to not experience?

The considerations you went through to move the severs seems like a no-brainer to me, but I was wondering if the decision to move was based mostly on the financial aspect or the technical issue? I'm sure you checked a lot of different hosting sites for prices to keep the the servers in Texas in order to keep the game play experience for all users consistent to what they were experiencing before the move. If not, in hind site, it might have saved a lot of complaining that this thread has generated.

I am not Ryan but I will chime in here. If you live in Texas than you would have had very few hops and a low ping. I mean I am on Tulsa OK and I was getting 18ms constantly. From my mothers house in Ft Worth (during the ice storm) I was getting like 14ms.
Come to think of it she has the same isp I do and as I already stated the isp that hosted the server has a direct link to them. So here in Tulsa it was just a few more hops away.

Formater

Knight

Jab;1683745 said:
so why in game does it say i max at 80ms? hmm?

Jab the in game -ping stuff is retarded. If you want correct ping results use a dos prompt. If you want more than 3 results (the default) you can do
ping -n 10 login.uogamers.com

where 10 is the number of results you want

Jab

Wanderer

Formater;1683749 said:
Jab the in game -ping stuff is retarded. If you want correct ping results use a dos prompt. If you want more than 3 results (the default) you can do

where 10 is the number of results you want

huh? ping- 10 login.uogamers.com?

Formater

Knight

Jab;1683750 said:
huh? ping- 10 login.uogamers.com?

start-run-type cmd and hit enter

You have to have the -n in there. For more info just type ping and hit enter and it will show you the help info.