UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Server Move

Mark

Knight
Server Move

At 5:30 AM EST the server will save and shutdown to be moved to a new location.

[strike]This process should take around one hour, but please be patient.[/strike] The move is complete, it took less than 20 minutes.

If your ISP has lame DNS servers that don't obey TTL you may need to enter the new IP address manually. The new IP address is 209.173.139.110. If you don't understand what this means, don't worry about it.

Mark

Knight
Re: Server Move

starwolfe;1683104 said:
maybe ill ping better. . . that'd be nice.

Unfortunately there is little we can do to help Australian players. You probably won't notice a change either way. :(

awbs

Knight

Mark;1683109 said:
Unfortunately there is little we can do to help Australian players. You probably won't notice a change either way. :(

There is little anyone can do to help Australians.

Mark

Knight

awbs;1683110 said:
How long will the move take?

I am excited.

The actual process is not really intensive, it's been prepped since I made the announcement. It is really just a matter of how fast I can copy data between the old and new facilities.

Mark

Knight

GhostX99;1683116 said:
how do we add the new ip if we have to? or not how but where?

If you know for a fact the server is up (friends connected, etc) then you would just enter the IP address (209.173.139.110) and port (2593) in the Razor welcome screen manually.

EDIT:

To elaborate: Razor has a default entry for Hybrid that points to login.uogamers.com. login.uogamers.com has a TTL of 300 seconds, meaning every 5 minutes your DNS servers should check and see if the entry has changed. When I do the final shutdown on the old server, I will change the DNS entry. By the time I have finished moving, nearly everyone's DNS servers should have invalidated their caches.