UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Savages.

selo

Wanderer
Savages.

I am a member of RcB - Royal Council of Britannia, and we are at war with the savages. We've had many a good fight with the Savages and everyone seems to be bitching about them..

Can I hear peoples thoughts on the savages?

Vipe

Wanderer
Re: Savages.

i have an orc my opinion on savages where at the begining they realy did suck they had no good conduct or rp ability but they have proved themselves to be a realy good guild. i love fighting vs the savages and alongside them. about that house in the fort its for their fort defense and so they wont be killed by griefers like you so often who love killing almost naked guys. i realy like the savages oh and btw RcB i would like the orcs and you guys to fight one day to see how u guys act. hopefully ur not calling urselves rp yet unless mia accepts you guys .. well cya

Teclis (RcB)

Wanderer

we are calling ourselves rp.

and id like to fight orcs, but we have never found any online and none have tried to contact me

selo

Wanderer

kidvipe023 said:
i have an orc my opinion on savages where at the begining they realy did suck they had no good conduct or rp ability but they have proved themselves to be a realy good guild. i love fighting vs the savages and alongside them. about that house in the fort its for their fort defense and so they wont be killed by griefers like you so often who love killing almost naked guys. i realy like the savages oh and btw RcB i would like the orcs and you guys to fight one day to see how u guys act. hopefully ur not calling urselves rp yet unless mia accepts you guys .. well cya

Look, we are RP, we have talked to Mia and we'll be at the event later on tonight. So don't go dissing us. We look forward to our encounter with the orcs. Theres many of us ready to test our skills against them. Hope to see you on the battlefield.

Vipe

Wanderer

never dissed you guys just that there has been many people who come up saying were rp and end up saying pwned fuck you 4tw and dont follow the rp rules of engagement. and usually the orcs are on at like 6pm+ estern cause of skewl work and those things

selo

Wanderer

Our guild is not like that, we are true RPers and we kick out those who arent regardless of skill.

Vipe

Wanderer

savages reported to me that one of ur guys was there earlier res killing them and dry looting and saying pwned

Addicted

Disciple

kidvipe023 said:
savages reported to me that one of ur guys was there earlier res killing them and dry looting and saying pwned

I've seen many savages do the same.

Mia-hybrid

Wanderer

First of all, this is not the factions board. Let's steer clear of the "OMFG PWNED I OWNED U IRL LOL" talk.

Just some constructive observation:

The Savages did get a lot of hazing when they first formed up, and yes, a lot of the complaints at the time were legitimate. However, the leadership in the Savages did an excellent job of realizing where improvements were needed, putting his foot down and weeding out the bad apples. In response to this, and in sympathy for the difficulty of their situation with the neverending battle against griefers, the Seers discussed the matter and decided that it was time we give the Savages a little encouragement, for they had made it clear to us they were in it for the long haul and had been around for some time.

Does this mean that there will never be another instance where a Savage is found to go OOC? No. Does this mean another orc gruntee will never have to run laps and bring KurGrat the Adorable 498354397454 wool again for behavior inconsistent with an orc? No. Does it mean that our excellent new additions, the RcB, will never have to discipline a new recruit for behaving inappropriately towards another roleplayer? NO. The point I'm trying to make here, is that when it comes especially to the management of large guilds, it is statistically inevitable that eventually you will have problems with one individual or another. Furtheremore, sometimes RP really is a learning experience for some. What I'm tired of is people using this as an excuse to claim that an entire guild is not roleplaying, that an entire guild is bad. Another thing I'm fed up with is as LugDush puts it "The people who don't even roleplaying coming in here and trying to pass themselves off as the RP Police." While I rely on the feedback of the community just as much as my own observations when evaluating a guild, I feel that it would be more constructive for these little incidents to be looked at as an opportunity for improvement, not an opportunity for attack.

I think that we're going to have to look at instigating some policy changes to address these issues. Possibly assigning either Seer Mortuus or Seer Blake to be a full time mediator between guilds. Not taking ANY side in any conflict, simply arranging for guildmasters to meet and discuss problems as they occur in order to facilitate a positive outcome, and only doing so when the accuser has sufficient evidents such as screenshots or an RPV, rather than just letting the rumor mill flow. I truly think that strong communication between leadership will allow us to create an environment both discliplined and fun.

P.S. Regarding not considering an RP guild RP until one of the Seers gives their blessing, is not quite true. ;) The guilds decide for themselves who and what they are, and who and what they consider other guilds. We just give a little help and encouragement on the way to those whom have earned the respect of their fellow roleplayers and ourselves!

And we love you all. <3

selo

Wanderer

Mia said:
First of all, this is not the factions board. Let's steer clear of the "OMFG PWNED I OWNED U IRL LOL" talk.

Just some constructive observation:

The Savages did get a lot of hazing when they first formed up, and yes, a lot of the complaints at the time were legitimate. However, the leadership in the Savages did an excellent job of realizing where improvements were needed, putting his foot down and weeding out the bad apples. In response to this, and in sympathy for the difficulty of their situation with the neverending battle against griefers, the Seers discussed the matter and decided that it was time we give the Savages a little encouragement, for they had made it clear to us they were in it for the long haul and had been around for some time.

Does this mean that there will never be another instance where a Savage is found to go OOC? No. Does this mean another orc gruntee will never have to run laps and bring KurGrat the Adorable 498354397454 wool again for behavior inconsistent with an orc? No. Does it mean that our excellent new additions, the RcB, will never have to discipline a new recruit for behaving inappropriately towards another roleplayer? NO. The point I'm trying to make here, is that when it comes especially to the management of large guilds, it is statistically inevitable that eventually you will have problems with one individual or another. Furtheremore, sometimes RP really is a learning experience for some. What I'm tired of is people using this as an excuse to claim that an entire guild is not roleplaying, that an entire guild is bad. Another thing I'm fed up with is as LugDush puts it "The people who don't even roleplaying coming in here and trying to pass themselves off as the RP Police." While I rely on the feedback of the community just as much as my own observations when evaluating a guild, I feel that it would be more constructive for these little incidents to be looked at as an opportunity for improvement, not an opportunity for attack.

I think that we're going to have to look at instigating some policy changes to address these issues. Possibly assigning either Seer Mortuus or Seer Blake to be a full time mediator between guilds. Not taking ANY side in any conflict, simply arranging for guildmasters to meet and discuss problems as they occur in order to facilitate a positive outcome, and only doing so when the accuser has sufficient evidents such as screenshots or an RPV, rather than just letting the rumor mill flow. I truly think that strong communication between leadership will allow us to create an environment both discliplined and fun.

P.S. Regarding not considering an RP guild RP until one of the Seers gives their blessing, is not quite true. ;) The guilds decide for themselves who and what they are, and who and what they consider other guilds. We just give a little help and encouragement on the way to those whom have earned the respect of their fellow roleplayers and ourselves!

And we love you all. <3

On behalf of RcB I'd like to thank you for all your kind words and deeds. We appreciate it all so much. Thanks Mia!

Mia-hybrid

Wanderer

Nobody here "can't function without Seer support". Because we don't police guilds and we don't run them, every guild is completely self sufficient. We do however contribute in small ways through quests and mostly additions of cosmetic value. It's hardly a crime to enjoy these things, and it's enriching to the RP experience.

that one kid

Wanderer

no, it is hardly a crime to enjoy having a house inside the cove orc fort, or a nice little stone that paints you whenever you click it..very much does enrich the RP experiance...but last time i checked, this was a pvp shard...and i am an rper, i do enjoy rping much on this shard, but its just out of hand when you can be banned from the savage fort and so on.

Addicted

Disciple

that one kid said:
, but its just out of hand when you can be banned from the savage fort and so on.

I too think that is a little too much.

If I start a rp Guild "The Vesperonians" can I ban people from vesper?