UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Resource Changes Implemented - Please Read

Re: Resource Changes Implemented - Please Read

psz;340774 said:
If you want "Classic" UO, go to Divinity. This shard is based on AOS and newer.

(Actually, everyone should go to Divinity ANYway, as it rocks :-P)
Stop advertising other shards.

/ban

But seriously that sounds good, I might go check it out.

wtfizzle

Wanderer

psz;340774 said:
If you want "Classic" UO, go to Divinity. This shard is based on AOS and newer.

I meant SE. Pre-aos is too slow for me.

psz;340774 said:
I can attest to this myself. (I play both there and here) Yes, there's a risk of being PK'd, but if you're careful, you can readily avoid this. In my first week there, I managed to both PK someone else, (a thief) as well as get guardwhacked like twice over Razor's queued LastTargets while I was in town. *slaps forehead*

But at any rate, that's starting to stray a little off-topic... :p

jrhather

Wanderer

Nottheking;340887 said:
I can attest to this myself. (I play both there and here) Yes, there's a risk of being PK'd, but if you're careful, you can readily avoid this. In my first week there, I managed to both PK someone else, (a thief) as well as get guardwhacked like twice over Razor's queued LastTargets while I was in town. *slaps forehead*

But at any rate, that's starting to stray a little off-topic... :p

Sounds like massive amounts of lulz. Methinks I should join up on the divinity train...

DaveGiant

Sorceror

Whats the difference between devinity and hybrid?

Back on topic.. its nice to see the changes to going through, perhaps when the crafting is implemented I might create a mule crafter.

DaveGiant;341020 said:
Whats the difference between devinity and hybrid?
Divinity attempts to hold true to how OSI USED TO BE. Hybrid doesn't try to be like OSI at all. They both are Felucca-only, but that's pretty much where the similarities end. "Hybrid," as its name implies, takes a LOT of Age of Shadows type stuff.

jrhather

Wanderer

Know what'd be nice? A Demise clone that was all Felucca ruleset. Sans insurance. Larger loot chance for arties etc.

That would be stellar.

Corn Luth

Wanderer

My aged mother always tells me never look a gift horse in the month. If it smiles at you, keep your own damn mouth shut. The giver didn't steal from you. At the very least you can make glue and give your dog a mighty damn good meal.

As far as Mr. Brains spouting his phyco-bable. I got out of that major because they change what the claim is true about man's brains faster then I do a wet sock. Damn dog.

These good people who make this game available to us really deserve our greatest respect. I don't see any of the complainers stepping in and showing us "how it should be done". No they sit around with their hands in their pockets playing pool and feeling important.

I find them below comtempt and hope they get some coal in their stocking. Worry about what you have power over to change and leave the rest to those who can.

A Big Rowdy Thank You to those who make this shard what it is. I find it to be awesome. I love the opportunity to play. Thanks for the updates evry now and then. Gives it a nice twist on things, making it new all over again. Though without them I'd still have a good time.

Kowe

Wanderer

HUH!? @ the first 2 paragraphs of Corn Luth's post.

lulz @ the rest of the post. Pool friggin' rocks.

Corn Luth

Wanderer

I was just saying to those who are whiners, just deal with it. Life is tough and sometimes we need to be patient. Just because someone won't like what is implimented, dosen't mean that they should go ballistic and mess this gift up for the rest of us. Go hit your pillow a couple times and suck it up.

I think of it like a lottery in a way. I hope one thing gets done and if it doesn't, at least someone's day is being made. So I don't win every day I buy a ticket, big hairy deal. It was fun to anticipant. I scuff my feet and move on.

Don't take it out on the rest of us. Doing that will make you look like an ass. Guess what, we are all watching too. Most of the time we prefer not to see asses.

These people who provide us with this FREE game to play and drive our family and friends nuts, don't do it so they can rip us off. They give up their time, talents, opportunities to be else where with people who truely love them, to be with us and give us a great way to spend our time. It's great.

Still it is a game. You don't like what is happening with it. Step away from your keyboard and mouse, get reminded of why you play it the first place. Come back when you compose yourself and appreciate these folks for their labor of love.

Ulrich

Wanderer

Has anyone fished up pearls yet? I'm getting better at digging up resources... :) keep the new stuff coming Demise staff.... not all of us on this shard are ungrateful a$$holes :mad:

jrhather;341067 said:
Know what'd be nice? A Demise clone that was all Felucca ruleset. Sans insurance. Larger loot chance for arties etc.

That would be stellar.
That sounds almost like a Siege RunUO shard. That's close to the only thing that the UOGamers network is missing; an "OSI-like" shard like Demise, but instead mimicking Siege Perilous rather than the typical shard.

jrhather

Wanderer

I'd drop Demise, Divinity and that other shard that I play for a shard like that.

Demise - SE (or ML) with all 5 facets, no trammie ruleset, no insurance (or at least VERY expensive), larger loot chance/better loot.

*drool*

Hell, I'd staff it if I could...

nemnoch

Sorceror

I know this post is a month or 2 old, but I have a question. Is there any way that the chances of mining, lumberjacking, or fishing a special resource could be doubled for for the Fel facet?

I used to love going to Fel for my resource gathering becuase you got twice the resources. Now, it is not worth it. Less axe swings means less chance of getting anything special. I have been to Fel 4 or 5 times lumberjacking and it really is not worth it anymore. I fill up my beetle in no time, but I have almost no special resources at all (maybe 1 or 2 barks or fungi and some oak wood if I am lucky).

Also, have the Elves ability to have better chance gathering these resources been implemented?

Thank you for adding these resources. I saw this thread and had to dig out my UO CD and rejoin the community :)

lordwolfx

Knight

LadyCrimson;340613 said:
I really don't understand why the same people come back and say the same things over and over again and make reference to *your server*.... it is obvious that another is being suggested as being better, which annoys the dickens outta me.

So... we are sorry. So... its a partial implementation. Changes are coming down the pike quickly. Very quickly, actually.

So, why do they choose to play Demise? MY PERSONAL GUESS is because its a stable, long established server with a good sized player base which has become more of a community versus a bunch of people playing at the same time and shows that the admin and staffers value the players by trying our best to serve them with whatever we can get in when we can get it in even though some changes may take longer than others which means the players are willing to be patient with staff and enjoy the shard for what it is at that time.

That's... my guess.

In all seriousness... did your mother never teach you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all?

LC

" you must spread some rep around before giving it to lovable crimson again"

well, so i gave a bad rep because of free gaunt day,,, but i still <3 u

talshar

Wanderer

nemnoch;359295 said:
Also, have the Elves ability to have better chance gathering these resources been implemented?

Thank you for adding these resources. I saw this thread and had to dig out my UO CD and rejoin the community :)

I can't say whether or not Elves ability has been "implemented" but I can say that after creating an elf miner/lumberjack and hitting GM for both I have been getting ML items more often than I did with my human miner/lumberjack.
I also noted that for elf lumberjack I started getting certain resources at certain skill lvls.
0 - 65 logs
65 - 75 logs, oak
75 - 99.9 logs, oak, ash
100 started getting eveything else (except frostwood, still waiting for that)

nemnoch

Sorceror

Yellek;359548 said:
I can't say whether or not Elves ability has been "implemented" but I can say that after creating an elf miner/lumberjack and hitting GM for both I have been getting ML items more often than I did with my human miner/lumberjack.
I also noted that for elf lumberjack I started getting certain resources at certain skill lvls.
0 - 65 logs
65 - 75 logs, oak
75 - 99.9 logs, oak, ash
100 started getting eveything else (except frostwood, still waiting for that)

I had to jack about 10k regular logs before the numbers rolled right and I got heartwood, bloodwood and frostwood (and finally a piece of amber).

From what I have read - the skill/wood list is as follows (I do not know if it applies to Demise tho):

Frostwood = 100.0 skill
Heartwood = 100.0 skill
Bloodwood = 100.0 skill
Yew = 95.0 minimum skill
Ash = 80.0 minimum skill
Oak = 65.0 minimum skill

Attachments

• Lumberjacking.jpg
    Lumberjacking.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 97