UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Resource Changes Implemented - Please Read

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Resource Changes Implemented - Please Read

Many players have already noticed that special resources have been added to Demise as well as a few other goodies like the mining and lumberjacking resources for ML recipes. No changes to the crafting system have occured yet. None. You cannot cut colored wood into colored boards yet... so don't try it or you will get regular boards and a waste of time looking for colored wood. The recipes needed for the mining resources are not implemented yet so while you can gather these resources, you cannot craft with them at this time.

It is obvious the crafting system will be implemented in due time, but currently, it does not work. If you cut colored wood, then just stockpile it for later use :)

We hope you can appreciate that the implementation of many of these ML additions are complicated changes and will also take several steps to fully implement. Thank you for your patience with everything - we hope you enjoy the changes that have already occured and those to come.

LC

[Drakull]

Knight
Re: Resource Changes Implemented - Please Read

Thank you, LC,
and note to all:
since logs and boards are now both having the same weight in your backpack (2 stones), there is really no use to have boards, so no need either to cut the logs into boards (before it was a good thing to lower the total weight, but now it makes no difference).

Oaks

Knight

Can't say I like the randomised ore spawns though, on the other hand the prices for ingots / stone furniture will probably go up sooner or later.

talshar

Wanderer

Interesting. Just went out to see what I could get and I already got some Ash, Oak, Bark, a Switch and Luminescent Fungi. What are our other options and are they random or is there a method to the madenss.

hickman48

Knight

ml wood gose as follow reg wood easy oak easy ash is about 50% heart wood blood wood and frost are a pain in the but so if you find a veain mark it and swiches are used to recharge tallys bark it for crafting wood armros hope that helps a bit

Oaks

Knight

hickman48;340379 said:
ml wood gose as follow reg wood easy oak easy ash is about 50% heart wood blood wood and frost are a pain in the but so if you find a veain mark it and swiches are used to recharge tallys bark it for crafting wood armros hope that helps a bit

Chances are wood spawns are randomised as well so there is no point in marking them like it has been done with ore spawns

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

hickman48;340392 said:
oh i didnt know that new one for me

OSI implemented random resource spawns as part of an effort to foil bots :)

hickman48

Knight

yea i figured that so ppl can use a rune book and farm val all day or frost wood

talshar

Wanderer

Are the mining resources available anywhere or only in certain locations? Been mining a while at the mountain range near the Minoc gate (Tram) and haven't come up with anything new yet.
What are the other resources available other than through cutting trees. Found some stuff that way already.

Glasgowx

Wanderer

Thanks so much. Its great to see all the new work being put into the shard. Thank you staff.

A sign of things to come!

Though perhaps a shame that I'd not stockpiled a lot of valorite beforehand. :p

jrhather

Wanderer

hickman48;340379 said:

It might if I could understand whatever the hell it is you're typing.

Oaks;340382 said:
Chances are wood spawns are randomised as well so there is no point in marking them like it has been done with ore spawns

No point in marking anything now. I love this randomization as I do everything by hand and enjoy surprising myself with a vein of val or gold.

Mythos-demise;340445 said:
Thanks so much. Its great to see all the new work being put into the shard. Thank you staff.

Agreed.

Ulrich

Wanderer

so far I have found some new resources lumberjacking... but nothing while mining...

haven't seen heartwood, or frost wood. have any of you stumbled across any of these?:)

Olaf

Wanderer

Not having to turn logs into boards due to weight changes owns owns owns. Thanks for that.

TKE264

Wanderer

My two cents.

I've mined quite a bit today. I will miss the permanent val vein near my house, but as jrhather said, the randomness could be beneficial.

Anyways, I think I've hit about 350-450 veins. Out of that, I got 3 fire rubies and 1 dark sapphire. I didn't get much of anything at the start, in fact, I started doubting my ability to get them, regardless of mining skill. But eventually, I nabbed that first fire ruby. And then I got two more fire rubies. And then the sapphire.

I don't know if this helps anyone who is wondering what the chance to harvest is, but this is what I've gotten. And if it matters, I've got GM mining with +5 gloves and my character is a human.

i used 3 gargoyle pickaxes and then laughed at the fact that i was mining, even more so that i was mining while attended

st3in

Wanderer

darthjesus;340520 said:
i used 3 gargoyle pickaxes and then laughed at the fact that i was mining, even more so that i was mining while attended

lulz.

wtfizzle

Wanderer

LOL! WTF? It took you guys ALL this time just to get colored resources (really house deco for now) in when shit is still fucked up on your server? Fuckya darts ring a bell? This is weak Ryan, but what else is to be expected from someone who has done this the entire time he has been making the Italian feast, known as RUO. At least in the beginning you guys were making constant changes and updates, this is just bullshit. I really do not understand why people play a 2 year old (behind) server with half assed "current" implementations.