UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Resource Changes Implemented - Please Read

Re: Resource Changes Implemented - Please Read

wtfizzle;340591 said:
I really do not understand why people play a 2 year old (behind) server with half assed "current" implementations.
Because it's a time capsule to the good times of Ultima Online.

ML sucks.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

LOL! WTF? It took you guys ALL this time just to get colored resources (really house deco for now) in when shit is still fucked up on your server? Fuckya darts ring a bell? This is weak Ryan, but what else is to be expected from someone who has done this the entire time he has been making the Italian feast, known as RUO. At least in the beginning you guys were making constant changes and updates, this is just bullshit. I really do not understand why people play a 2 year old (behind) server with half assed "current" implementations.

I really don't understand why the same people come back and say the same things over and over again and make reference to *your server*.... it is obvious that another is being suggested as being better, which annoys the dickens outta me.

So... we are sorry. So... its a partial implementation. Changes are coming down the pike quickly. Very quickly, actually.

So, why do they choose to play Demise? MY PERSONAL GUESS is because its a stable, long established server with a good sized player base which has become more of a community versus a bunch of people playing at the same time and shows that the admin and staffers value the players by trying our best to serve them with whatever we can get in when we can get it in even though some changes may take longer than others which means the players are willing to be patient with staff and enjoy the shard for what it is at that time.

That's... my guess.

In all seriousness... did your mother never teach you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all?

LC

hellwina

Sorceror

Did you even check if anything has changed with the fukiya's before ranting on here? My friend checked to see if they still allow unlimited DP charges and they don't... sooooo maybe they are fixed ?

dprantl

Wanderer

stalker-demise;340600 said:

ML sucks.

Yeah, and inquis sucks too... and 1000 skill Rune Beetles suck (<-- literally a *5 MINUTE* fix)...

talshar

Wanderer

Drakull-demise;340349 said:
Thank you, LC,
and note to all:
since logs and boards are now both having the same weight in your backpack (2 stones), there is really no use to have boards, so no need either to cut the logs into boards (before it was a good thing to lower the total weight, but now it makes no difference).
BUT . . . was this an oversite or intentional. I would hope that they will re-implement the 1 stone boards for each type. This would mean less round trips back to the storage location while gathering resources.
Also, does it make sense that when you are cutting a tree that you get two different types of resources. Why would one tree produce both ordinary logs and ash or oak or whatever? This idea makes sense for mining ore but not cutting trees. Maybe its an issue with how it's coded.
Anyway, I like the changes. Makes resource gathering more interesting since you don't know what you are going to come up with. Actually look forward to it now.

Yellek;340637 said:
Why would one tree produce both ordinary logs and ash or oak or whatever?

certainly not because its a computer game built on chance

uome

Bug Hunter

LadyCrimson;340613 said:
In all seriousness... did your mother never teach you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Mine did, but i don't always do what i'm told:rolleyes:
But seriously there is a diference between constructive criticism and just being rude.

Thanks for giving us something new to figure out.
Btw Has anyone fished up any new resources yet?

talshar

Wanderer

uome;340660 said:
Btw Has anyone fished up any new resources yet?
Quite a few people have. Look earlier in this thread and also in General Discussions.

Harlee

Wanderer

Well I for one am very excited! It's a beginning and we are seeing things happen and it shows me that better things are coming.

I want to thank the staff and Ryan for their work!

I'm telling those of you who complain and whine constantly.... go elsewhere if you don't like it here. You have no right to complain when it's free! If you were paying for something then you would have a right to complain if you weren't getting what you paid for, but not in this case.
Furthermore, when someone feels unappreciated for their work and gets nothing but complaints that person will not try so hard! A person who is appreciated will work twice as hard.

loknar

Sorceror

Harlee;340677 said:
Well I for one am very excited! It's a beginning and we are seeing things happen and it shows me that better things are coming.

I want to thank the staff and Ryan for their work!

I'm telling those of you who complain and whine constantly.... go elsewhere if you don't like it here. You have no right to complain when it's free! If you were paying for something then you would have a right to complain if you weren't getting what you paid for, but not in this case.
Furthermore, when someone feels unappreciated for their work and gets nothing but complaints that person will not try so hard! A person who is appreciated will work twice as hard.

Actually, not to be too much of a fuss but I know that according to my Psych. book that a misuse of rewards(Giving praise for the inkling of change) is bad. Page 260 of Psychology Ninth ed. claims that: "for rewards to be effective the rewards must be tied to the behaivor you are trying to increase. When rewards are dispensed indescriminately, wihtout being earned, they become meaningless because they no longer reinforce desired behavior; all that teachers(in the context of students getting lavish praise) get is minimal effort and mediocre work. . . In the case of the child who turned in a poorly written paper, the teacher could praise its strengths but also give feedback on the paper's weaknesses and show the child how to correct them."

But the problem arises that whenever someone does offer critisicm it is met with much anger. I do not know about you but when I use ConnectUO it says that UO: Demise is "The closest thing to OSI, other than OSI." To some people, they feel like that is false advertisement. Change that, and then a lot of people do not have their peddistal to stand on.

I like playing Demise. I enjoy how it has a very active community. . . but the more I think about it the more I am floored by how people act. They say that the GMs and admins care but when people complain they tell them to F* off and go somewhere else. When they talk about somewhere else in an attempt to spark change they are said to F* off, you have NO right to tell people about other places. It is free, but everyone has a vested interest into the future of this shard. We all have put in many hours into it.

Ban me, Im sure you will. The key part to any successful regiem is the spreading of propiganda(Demise being about = to OSI) and the silencing(banning) to all opposition.

I love Demise, but I hate how any form of criticism is met with so much hate. Its really childish. Some people are out of hand with how they pick on Demise, but nothing else gets listened to.

i Love the fact that the staff added something thats not PVP based
i cant wait for the ML crafting system to be added
then when there is noone on to pvp ill just have fun doing that
since i dont pvm anymore

good job staff keep it comming

Yellek;340675 said:
Quite a few people have. Look earlier in this thread and also in General Discussions.

I think he means "fished up" as in fishing skill used to get pearls.

loknar;340685 said:
The key part to any successful regiem is the spreading of propiganda(Demise being about = to OSI) and the silencing(banning) to all opposition.
the key part to a successful regime is also spell check. your spelling errors are worse than communist china propaganda.

hope when you get your licsw credential you have someone with brain type your dictations.

loknar

Sorceror

Haha, true.

But its sad when you have nothing more to say then just a critique on spelling. Focus on the meaning behind the words, not just how they are written. I mean, you did understand it enough to try a stab at being funny . . . no? That means that they were written well enough to convey the meaning behind them.

P.S: don't get me wrong Im deffinately glad to see the changes being made to Demise!

Looking at your post I could have pointed out how you did something like this: ". . . spell check. your spelling . . ."

Now, enough trolling. I was just trying to say that for any good community you need voices from ALL sides of the spectrum.

uome

Bug Hunter

darthjesus;340690 said:
I think he means "fished up" as in fishing skill used to get pearls.

Indeed i do.
I spent a couple of hours fishing to see if i could get anything interesting but no luck yet.

Horus Sek

Wanderer

Nice loknar, I agree. Demise seems pretty good for a free game. And I just want to let the people working on Demise know that I appreciate very much their hard work. Thank you Demise! And Happy Holidays everyone :)

PS: I look forward to the changes down the road :)

dprantl;340625 said:
Yeah, and inquis sucks too... and 1000 skill Rune Beetles suck (<-- literally a *5 MINUTE* fix)...
Those are both AoS and SE.

Sorry but ML still sucks.

wtfizzle

Wanderer

stalker-demise;340730 said:
Those are both AoS and SE.

Sorry but ML still sucks.
His point is that things from previous installments of UO, are still not in...like the complete list of ltots...yet they are done spawning already...?

stalker-demise;340600 said:

ML sucks.

Good 'ol times of UO was before EA started bein' gimp towards dexxers...*caugh*riceland*caugh*

psz

Administrator

If you want "Classic" UO, go to Divinity. This shard is based on AOS and newer.

(Actually, everyone should go to Divinity ANYway, as it rocks :-P)

Kowe

Wanderer

I played on Divinity when it first opened up. I got discouraged when my brand new char got ganked in the brit gy by 5 people. I still played for a bit after that but then just gave up.