UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Recent Bannings

Status
Not open for further replies.

st3in

Wanderer
Re: Recent Bannings

Tokko.;334537 said:
wouldn't it be smarter to not leave avenues open to break rules than to diminish the playerbase?

"Yup, sorry folks. No house mods for a while. Can't say why...."

LadyCrimson;334527 said:
Wow. Cool! :p
Sadly, I can't seem to find any place that makes badges of the right sort for staff... Otherwise you could have a neat and shiny badge, too! :p

Serenity

Wanderer

Tokko.;334452 said:
no im saying that if you catch a drug dealer, you don't put him back on the street so you can catch all of his buyers.

In this case the product was gold, not drugs, and the people that 'bought' the gold in exchange for items were not punished.

Tokko.;334507 said:
staff doesn't like people playing here? ban as many as possible

Staff dont like people who break the rules, cheat, and generally make the game unfair for everyone else. And yes, we will happily punish anyone who falls into that category.

Bans are only issued in the most extreme of circumstances, where people are fully aware of their actions being wrong and continue to persist.

Good riddance I say! They most certainly deserved it.

rdx

Sorceror

ist sad it took "few months" to catch all(really all?) exploiters as by that time it already had big influence (i think) on the shard

so i guess another "awesome" pvper(s) disappeared as suddenly as they appeared? (playuo?)

btw still waiting for playuo update...;(

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

So, Tok, we don't technically have to repeat it - you will do so for us.

We get the idea that you do not like the fact that staff don't mind punishing the cheaters. There is no need to keep repeating it because as annoying as you think it is for us to say "cheaters get punished" - its more so just to have you copy and paste a quote to repeat yourself.... yet again.

LC

pkrlz

Knight

Tokko.;334507 said:
staff doesn't like people playing here? ban as many as possible

Naddict;334510 said:
The staff don't like players here who break the rules and use exploits. You break the rules and you get banned. End of story.

O W N E D.

OMFG, You got banned you come back and talk shit lol.

Khephren

Knight

i think you should put a lock on this thread, the info was clear since the begining.

its clear, its definitive... now its your choice : play fair or get the boot.

READ READ READ

case closed !

Thank you Bonsoir !

Tokko.

Wanderer

ive never been banned, im an honest pvper like my 2 banned friends.
i'm going to make a reinactment video of exactly how and why saeros was banned in the near future, probably have it deleted maybe get firewalled myself.

of course, lady crimson will deny it, staff's word against players?...pshh

i'll let this issue go, i'm debating with a wall and it honestly doesn't affect me personally, i just thought there should be some principle to justice.

but i'm not done regarding saeros. there were no grounds at all for what you did.

psz

Administrator

1) The UOGamers and RunUO staff have *ALWAYS* had the following policy both on the forums and in-game:
* Instant Termination

This is a no-questions-asked, no-warnings-given termination, and is exercised at the option of staff in instances where a warning is not a sufficient option. Again, the decisions of the staff are final and are not subject to appeal.

2) People who are incorrectly banned get unbanned. This has happened before, it will happen again. You show how you were incorrectly banned, and it is lifted (Trust me, I've had days where I spent more time studying and unbanning cases than I did spawning)

3) People who get banned and cannot prove that it was a mistake get banned, and that's the end of it. Ask my nephew: He got banned. He's STILL banned. People who get banned will always claim it was wrong, or staff hates them, or whatever. Get over it, find a new shard. If the "staff hate you" or the staff "ruins the game", then do you REALLY want to be here?

4) Staff rarely have enough time to do day-to-day things on top of RL issues, so do you REALLY think they have time to "take it out on the players?" Common sense, folks.

5) If you *EVER* have to ask, think about asking, or even consider "Is this legal?" then the answer "No, it isn't legal and you will almost undoubtedly get banned". If you try to "Perry Mason" an argument, you will be firewalled. I don't like people trying to "legalese" their way into winning an argument, as it generally translates into "I know I'm wrong, I won't admit it, and I'm going to make them change the rules for me"

6) Lastly, Staff vs Player's word: While log files don't show conversations and the such, they DO show how packets are handled in game... Guess what? WE HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE LOGS. We can easilly tell when someone did something wrong. Arguing when you're busted is totally fruitless.

Status
Not open for further replies.