UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Racism On UOGamers

wkstrm

Lord
Re: Racism On UOGamers

Heavy Smoker;1532955 said:
Thanks, you're right I don't support it, but it doesn't bother me because i'm not offended and I just ignore it again, but not everyone is going to agree on the same things. :)

yea, I agree with you. I don't care if someone calls me something, or if someone calls someone else something. it's the internet, peope have done this since it all started 15 years ago or whenever Internet started. :)

Anticoh

Wanderer

Well its good to hear you don't support it. I understand your thinking, I really do. (From an enforcement level)

I really don't care myself on a personal level, I just roll my eyes and say "Some peoples kids".

I know WHY people do it (See E-Thug) but I just don't understand why they think they can get away with it HERE when its a rule non the less.

Wouldn't mind seeing a crack down on this kind of thing, even the odd server wide text message advising any racist players will be jailed or worse.

Ralphus

Wanderer

The common excuse is that it's the internet and people are just that way, but honestly, before coming to this server 3 months ago, I'd never seen NEARLY as much blatant racism being tossed around. It's not a game stopping issue, but it is there. Not much you can do though except kill, grief, or scam them.

Really I just feel bad for all these kids with so much hate bottled up inside. Smoke some weed and chill the fuck out.

See it really isn't a rule... If it was a rule there would be no Hybrid population right now, considering almost every player has done such.

Heavy Smoker;1532912 said:
This isn't osi, people can feel free to do whatever scamming and racism isn't illegal, like stated above there is a filter, if you're offended by such things maybe online games may not be for you. There is also an ignore option, if you see someone using the words just simply put them on ignore and you don't have to deal with it.

Its in the shard rules.

Heavy Smoker;1532933 said:
Even with proof it wouldn't matter, they aren't here to babysit childish things, if someone can't handle being called a name they don't need to be on the internet.

if someone can't handle going through life without being racist they should be deleted... in real life.

Well it's either out of date or hasn't been applied. I've yet to see anyone banned/punished for racial slurrs.

Xx-GoD-xX;1533136 said:
just become desensitized like the rest of us

Most people are desensitized to it, it doesn't mean we don't think "wow what an ignorant moron" when we see someone doing something racist and putting so much effort into making it seen that we can only assume they hadn't passed secondary schooling.

Xx-GoD-xX

Knight

i've just given up caring, eventually the little shit will be racist to the wrong person and have the snot beaten out of em

Sidious777

Wanderer

I believe it has to do with the fact that people are alot braver on the internet. Knowing that they can't vent their racist anger in a real life public forum, they over do it online, because they don't see their effect on other nor do they take any repurcussion from it. Best just to ignore it.

Nicolai

Sorceror

Racism just doesnt really bother me and I dont see why it would bother anyone else unless its constantly comming from the mouth of someone you play with on a regular basis because thats just annoying and it can also make you embarrassed to play with the person. Seriously though its not like anyones going around lynching anyone here so if you dont like it there are mute/ignore features and just don't play with people who make you uncomfortable.

Mara

Knight

Ajax;1533658 said:
sticks and stones

Old school Jewish ass-whooping? I better just leave this topic where I left it. My neighbour actually does celebrate James Earl Ray day. Humans are just prone to be evil bastards.

byrdman

Sorceror

it is in the rules, and is it completely out of place to expect a reasonable amount of respect from someone who doesn't even know you

Clone

Sorceror

Is it completely out of place to expect that if a rule is broken no matter how insignificant it might be to someone else that the person breaking the rule have some sort of punishment? I am black, I dont get bothered easily by racist remarks but people here are rediculous. You can only let something slide for so long.

matuta

Wanderer

Racism its everywhere , people who rae racist its cus they never get the maduration. and they act like a fucking boy. yea uogamers : so racism inside.

thenewsman

Wanderer

matuta;1535740 said:
Racism its everywhere , people who rae racist its cus they never get the maduration. and they act like a fucking boy. yea uogamers : so racism inside.

what