UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Question to all who claim to be a "Role Player"

KharneKGB said:
to summarize the above post: you brought up some good points that i can't hope to respond to. rather than backing down i'm just going to make some assinine reply about the persons age and hope that qualifies as 'winning' the flame war

evil genius i humbly accept your admittance of defeat. perhaps when you finally take my advice and go back to the drawing board with the caveman idea it'll turn out to be something good.

Haha... actually... I just got my wisdom teeth and the blood hasnt clotted yet. My mouth fills up with thick blood and I have to go spit every 5 mins. Also... Its been going on for about 7 hours. Im gettin kinda dizzy and think ima have to go to the hospital or some shit.

I also cant eat right now, and ate for the last time yesterday around 4:00. So... no. Its not defeat... believe me.

I just dont give a shit. And... if I get dizzy... and I sit there and read your ignorant, un-researched bullshit, ima go lie down instead.

K?

We are Cavemen in a part of the UO world where we've seen llamas and are around magery. We adapt. At least im not saying "Hey! Ill be an orc, yet act nothing like orcs."

Evil, I believe you just contradicted yourself there:

You say you are Cavemen and that you can "adapt" to the UO world, and you can "learn" to domesticate and tame wild llamas and ride them, and you can use magery. What I find hilarious is that the next line you say is,
At least im not saying "Hey! Ill be an orc, yet act nothing like orcs."
So basically you are saying we are locked into the "book" definition of orcs, right? Well first off, please tell me what YOU think the "book" definition of an orc is, and then maybe we will dispute how legitimate our characters are. Secondly, what makes you think you can just "alter" your caveman RP, yet the orcs cannot stray...

I'll await your response Mr. Marine (getting your wisdom teeth out usually happens when you are 16....so..you sure you are in the Marines?)

Devine

Page
Mike13294 said:

You say you are Cavemen and that you can "adapt" to the UO world, and you can "learn" to domesticate and tame wild llamas and ride them, and you can use magery. What I find hilarious is that the next line you say is, So basically you are saying we are locked into the "book" definition of orcs, right? Well first off, please tell me what YOU think the "book" definition of an orc is, and then maybe we will dispute how legitimate our characters are. Secondly, what makes you think you can just "alter" your caveman RP, yet the orcs cannot stray...
if orcs are locked into the book definition of orcs, then they're still allowed to use spears, ride mounts, etc.
I'll await your response Mr. Marine (getting your wisdom teeth out usually happens when you are 16....so..you sure you are in the Marines?)
my wisdom teeth are still in but thats because my mouth isn't deformed ;)

Elendili!

Knight
I find this funny from a man who says orcs cant rp when you just got killed by us and started talking smack and saying 5 cavemen < 80 orcs and other non rp stuff. Who said orcs don't fart? if humans fart then a lower form of life should be able to no? Orcs use what they can to win battles except restricted wepaons and armor ( tricks and stuff). Orcs use spears big deal if they para blow. Its your fault for being on the other end of them. Last time i checked cavemen use clubs but you guys were using magic and other stuff, and i didnt go to teh forums saying they arnt roleplayers. Tor was right about what he said about your guild :/

Vrur'bag

Wanderer
Xru'ul said:
I find this funny from a man who says orcs cant rp when you just got killed by us and started talking smack and saying 5 cavemen < 80 orcs and other non rp stuff. Who said orcs don't fart? if humans fart then a lower form of life should be able to no? Orcs use what they can to win battles except restricted wepaons and armor ( tricks and stuff). Orcs use spears big deal if they para blow. Its your fault for being on the other end of them. Last time i checked cavemen use clubs but you guys were using magic and other stuff, and i didnt go to teh forums saying they arnt roleplayers. Tor was right about what he said about your guild :/
6 orcs on foot > 5 cavemen on llamas using magery

Elendili!

Knight
sunfiregt just said it... some ruin it for everyone. I thought the orcs were bullshit because I fought with the few that did. Get the point? Use a dictionary, or go to www.dictionary.com for help.) LOL LOL LOL

why are all your trees dead?

Mike13294 said:

You say you are Cavemen and that you can "adapt" to the UO world, and you can "learn" to domesticate and tame wild llamas and ride them, and you can use magery. What I find hilarious is that the next line you say is, So basically you are saying we are locked into the "book" definition of orcs, right? Well first off, please tell me what YOU think the "book" definition of an orc is, and then maybe we will dispute how legitimate our characters are. Secondly, what makes you think you can just "alter" your caveman RP, yet the orcs cannot stray...

Ok... this response was reasonable until you made your last statement. I decided to join to go to combat and give my life so others could be free. I earned my title, and I dont need some punk motherfucker like you attempting to question my honesty. I guarentee you couldnt handle half of the bullshit, so you might want to consider leaving your mouth shut about those who request to go over and get killed so fuckers like you can doubt their dedication on a forum for some stupid game. Fuck you.

(Notice... you used the word "usually". How would that attempt to disprove if im a U. S. Marine or not? If you want to see a pic of me in my Service Charlies, ill go ahead and send one. Just ask. Afterwards, I want you to know that I accept your apology.)

That being said, now Ill go ahead and address the rest of your post.

The adapting and learning that the Cavemen did to act the way mine act now was drawn out BEFORE I made the tribe. From what I know, there hasnt ever been a creature named or titled a Caveman in UO. There ARE orcs in the game, correct? Very well. The fact that my Cavemen have a set template is quite irrelevant, because I could change it to follow any storyline I wanted to. They dont actually exist elsewhere in the game, therefore I would not have to be cautious to change who the character is.

Orcs DO exist in the game. If the orc RPers were to call themselves "Ugulugs" or something else, and claim they were great decendents of the Orcs we know and see in UO, then I wouldnt say a word. The fact that they call themselves Orcs, and act like Orcs, when they are NOTHING like the Orcs in UO, is what seperates their situation from mine. Dont call yourself an Orc if you arent willing to play like one, period. Bottom line. Now do you see the difference?

No?

K... I knew you wouldnt, so I drew you a picture. Here goes:

See? You are re-naming a "color" (character race) that already exists, as I made my own. Get it? K.

Anyway... thanks.

Vrur'bag said:
6 orcs on foot > 5 cavemen on llamas using magery

Are you JOKING me?!

Wait... wait... time out, time out. First of all... using magery? We crosshealed and noxed... we dont have eval. Unlike the mages you have, casting para and ex, eb.

Then... there were us and you.. and 2 undead on mounts chugging. Mmmm k.

Regardless, it wasnt a bad fight... but... if we went 4 of our Cavemen against 4 of your Orcs, we would stomp you:/.

Vrur'bag

Wanderer
Sphen said:
by 6 orcs, you mean 6 orcs + 6 vamps right?
it was 6 orcs and one vamp, i forget which. the pic was taken awhile after i saw this thread.

EvilGenius010 said:
Are you JOKING me?!

Wait... wait... time out, time out. First of all... using magery? We crosshealed and noxed... we dont have eval. Unlike the mages you have, casting para and ex, eb.

Then... there were us and you.. and 2 undead on mounts chugging. Mmmm k.

Regardless, it wasnt a bad fight... but... if we went 4 of our Cavemen against 4 of your Orcs, we would stomp you:/.
It was you, a bunch of savages(sav, not donkor's tribe), some people from l0t, and some other random people. And we still whooped all of you(including 2 of the top 100 duelers on the shard) with unmounted archers and a mage.

You say we should act like orcs in game, that the orcs in game dont cast para, exp, eb etc. Well, have you heard of orc mages? They cast those spells ingame, why can't our mages? How exactly are we different than the orcs ingame, besides the fact that we don't use english(as the orcs ingame do).

Riptide TcD

Wanderer
Roleplaying

First off the Orcs allow maker orcs that do not pvp rather supply the warriors...secondly Orcs do RP many of them they hav a language they are required to learn...now look at the size of that guild obviously there are going to be people new to the clan or slow in leraning the orc ways you should not just a whole guild by a few slow learners and with their open arms to new recruits its impossible to sort through who will make it and who wont now look at what theyhave to put up with...mounted groups of blues and reds alike throughout the day I go by there often and find dead and dry looted orc bodys everywhere I have gone there and found 5 tamers with mares and dragons slaughtering them...they fight on foot and with weak gear often try and show a little respect they are trying noone is perfect.
Also should the gms choose to help the orcs build their rp community do not complain TcD has received nothing from them do we care...? not at all...I think the orc gifts are pretty cool myself if your jelous make an orc and enjoy them for yourself.

Now as for pvp rping I have done it on osi shards and I will do it here personaly I think its more enjoyable to slay someone as a roleplayer rather than what is seen so much here (newb, trammy) there are alot of trash talkers here its just something we have to deal with.
I think it will do everyone good to keep in mind its just a game people will play it to their liking.

If a member of an rp guild falls out of character post about it let the guildmasters know.
Anyways thats all just my opinion have fun guys.

Vrur'bag said:
it was 6 orcs and one vamp, i forget which. the pic was taken awhile after i saw this thread.

It was you, a bunch of savages(sav, not donkor's tribe), some people from l0t, and some other random people. And we still whooped all of you(including 2 of the top 100 duelers on the shard) with unmounted archers and a mage.

You say we should act like orcs in game, that the orcs in game dont cast para, exp, eb etc. Well, have you heard of orc mages? They cast those spells ingame, why can't our mages? How exactly are we different than the orcs ingame, besides the fact that we don't use english(as the orcs ingame do).

Ok... goodness. Not to be picky, but, 2 vamps.

Secondly, we were not there when lot was... and we only came with 6, 4 on mounts.

I personally wouldnt consider casting/bola'ing from your house being "whooped". I swear... yer a frickin storyteller, arent you? You time walking to brit bank must be recited as a massive battle, in which you took down 2 faction guilds at once.

So... do the Orcs in game have *farts* macros while they cast? It doesnt even matter... to tell you the truth, ive never had an orcish mage cast para. Also, your Orcs use... spears. I havent seen orcs use those in game.

But... it doesnt matter. I dont care. We do things that others dont want to do, and we're still successful.

Elendili!

Knight
i wrote up a post that wouldve made you cried but my comp crashed so i write this smaller one.

Stop trying to opress people into your rp ideals you communist. Orc is not related to npc orcs, we have full storys about that stuff. You are new to rp you have admited this, stop telling us how to rp our vision of orcs. you got killed evenly by us, enough said dont fight us then. Just leave us alone rp is about having fun, not losing a battle ( we have lost many battles ) anad comming to forum and posting about hte winner doenst rp and they need to die. Don't even reply to this post with a page long response. Just stop this insane bullshit and rp for fun.

Xru'ul said:
i wrote up a post that wouldve made you cried but my comp crashed so i write this smaller one.

Stop trying to opress people into your rp ideals you communist. Orc is not related to npc orcs, we have full storys about that stuff. You are new to rp you have admited this, stop telling us how to rp our vision of orcs. you got killed evenly by us, enough said dont fight us then. Just leave us alone rp is about having fun, not losing a battle ( we have lost many battles ) anad comming to forum and posting about hte winner doenst rp and they need to die. Don't even reply to this post with a page long response. Just stop this insane bullshit and rp for fun.

RP for fun? Lol... no. Your right. I... RP... for... work? That statement was retarted. We do RP for fun (haha). But, when I have different "RP"ers always pointing fingers at my tribe, questioning our legitimacy, ima get pissed and point them right back. The difference? You claim you have your "vision" of "orcs", yet you claim to be Orcs. As I said before, if you call yourself the same thing as something that already exists, you need to be like it in order for it to be true to the name. You arent... I dont personally care about what skills you use and how lame you fight on the field, because we'll still win our fights, but you need to realise that when you change what you are, you should change the name also. Decendents of the Great Orcs... the Orcs of the Evolved... think of some happy-ass RP bullshit and make your shit whatever you want to.

(Ima start a guild where we all name ourselves "a sheep" and run around with halberds and cast magery combos. Sheep do that, right? K enuf said.)

Next... when I bring 4 Cavemen to YOUR awesome fort... which you... build yourself... (pauses)... and we get 3-4 kills... and there are 6 of you, 2 undead, you sit in your stupid house and have mages do offensive combos while others bola... thats not credible. I dont give a shit if you do it, i really dont, but dont come on here and be like "HAHA WE WIN! OMG! THERE WAS LIKE 10 OF YOU AND ONLY 2 OF US! AHHA". We arent going to come on here and be like "AWRH WE WON THE BATTLE!" for two reasons. First, many would call it spam because it'd be happenin all the time, and second, were not playing it for those reasons.

And... the only way I would every cry to something you send me is if it was an invitation to your 12th birthday party:/.

Riptide TcD

Wanderer
2 TcD and 6 orcs?

Unless they are young tcd in green robes I assure you 2 TcD and 6 orcs would not house sit maybe they were gathering in the house to get ready to retaliate understand that two tcd mounted would end up chasing you four in the woods and it would be a 2v4 which two red robed actual vampires would probably stay and fight. I do not know if I was at this attack you speak of or when it occured but anyways be sure and recognize green robed tcd are not vampires they are mortals still in training a red robed vampire has alot to got through to get where he is at.
Haev fun all!

Vrur'bag

Wanderer
EvilGenius010 said:
RP for fun? Lol... no. Your right. I... RP... for... work? That statement was retarted. We do RP for fun (haha). But, when I have different "RP"ers always pointing fingers at my tribe, questioning our legitimacy, ima get pissed and point them right back. The difference? You claim you have your "vision" of "orcs", yet you claim to be Orcs. As I said before, if you call yourself the same thing as something that already exists, you need to be like it in order for it to be true to the name. You arent... I dont personally care about what skills you use and how lame you fight on the field, because we'll still win our fights, but you need to realise that when you change what you are, you should change the name also. Decendents of the Great Orcs... the Orcs of the Evolved... think of some happy-ass RP bullshit and make your shit whatever you want to.

(Ima start a guild where we all name ourselves "a sheep" and run around with halberds and cast magery combos. Sheep do that, right? K enuf said.)

Next... when I bring 4 Cavemen to YOUR awesome fort... which you... build yourself... (pauses)... and we get 3-4 kills... and there are 6 of you, 2 undead, you sit in your stupid house and have mages do offensive combos while others bola... thats not credible. I dont give a shit if you do it, i really dont, but dont come on here and be like "HAHA WE WIN! OMG! THERE WAS LIKE 10 OF YOU AND ONLY 2 OF US! AHHA". We arent going to come on here and be like "AWRH WE WON THE BATTLE!" for two reasons. First, many would call it spam because it'd be happenin all the time, and second, were not playing it for those reasons.

And... the only way I would every cry to something you send me is if it was an invitation to your 12th birthday party:/.
First, we weren't in the house when we were fighting you ON FOOT. We were all(or at least the non afks were) outside chasing you and your mounts down. We never claimed to be orcs ingame, you said we were and that we are somehow obliged to act exactly like them. Well, how about we all make orc mages and cast EB at you all at the same time, will that make you happy? We're the Bloodclan orcs, not the UO orcs, not "the orcs", Bloodclan orcs. Not all orcs act the same way. If you would bother reading a book(or even watching LOTR for godsakes) you would see that many incarnations of orcs use spears, archery, magery, etc etc.

What makes cavemen any better than us? There's no cavemen ingame so that means you can do anything you want with regards to smithing, taming animals cavemen never would've seen, etc etc?

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Wow you guys sure can write a lot.

How about we try to end the flame war? You both know that neither of you gets offended by what each other says and that you really don't care what anyone here says...

So far on this shard we have the orcs which are allied to the undead category. That is a balance that has been used since rpg games formed. The main problem we run into is when people start new guilds to intervene with orc/deadie or pirate or elven business. New guild either want to be allied of warred depending on their roleplay notoriety. We all know this.

The problem we run into on this shard is that its so big and role play is brand new. Therefore large numbers of people want to do it but refuse to take the time to do so. This creates problems such as poor roleplayers and major grievers. As a RP community -and yes thats what we are- we need to try to help one another develop friendly wars or alliances. And before you misconstrue what i just said, i mean, we need to have the wars but still respect the specific roleplaying of that person. Now then you can go into how guilds don't see other guilds fit of a roleplaying status but thats for another discussion. Everyone understand me or am i just ranting?

sunfiregt said:
Wow you guys sure can write a lot.

How about we try to end the flame war? You both know that neither of you gets offended by what each other says and that you really don't care what anyone here says...

So far on this shard we have the orcs which are allied to the undead category. That is a balance that has been used since rpg games formed. The main problem we run into is when people start new guilds to intervene with orc/deadie or pirate or elven business. New guild either want to be allied of warred depending on their roleplay notoriety. We all know this.

The problem we run into on this shard is that its so big and role play is brand new. Therefore large numbers of people want to do it but refuse to take the time to do so. This creates problems such as poor roleplayers and major grievers. As a RP community -and yes thats what we are- we need to try to help one another develop friendly wars or alliances. And before you misconstrue what i just said, i mean, we need to have the wars but still respect the specific roleplaying of that person. Now then you can go into how guilds don't see other guilds fit of a roleplaying status but thats for another discussion. Everyone understand me or am i just ranting?

Nah... your right.

I just want to say... if you dont claim to be the "orcs ingame" and... you arent the same as the orcs that you sit with, then why the GM handouts? I mean... shit. comon. Fuck it... I dont care.