UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

questen about CUB

Nordon

Sorceror
Hoarder alert? ;) Since the idea is NOT hoarding, this, to me, seems reasonable. Perhaps modifications are in order, but why not keep it constant? This way we will not have stuff being overpriced because it's kept for points for whenever such an event happens. And thus constant fast world saves. Win-win.

What are your arguments behind keeping it as an event?

MMMartin

Squire
perma = no event... ,one part game can be destroy (for what players are waiting and after are happy)
hoarding, is point game... well try play like all trashing and nothing keep... who know when keep piece can be good... if have place for it ?
event = RARE = FUN

i think... admins say hoarding... but really this event was about speed server only ??? not like make like simple say CLEANIG... (clean up britain)...

Nordon

Sorceror
Scarcity does not create fun. Weird logic to me.
Fun is created through diversity. Thrashing stuff for points, to me, does not equal fun.

MMMartin

Squire
if are you can trash stuff and get 2-3 quiver one time at years ??? are you not happy ? after get it ?

if can get it all time mean, will not even good feel get it... are you self say... well tomorow i will get it...
with event mean can get it only limit time at years... like tokuno arts*

Whatever98

Squire
What are your arguments behind keeping it as an event?

it would be open to abuse is the main problem, scripts will get people handing things in 24/7, which devalues it for anyone that's doing it properly.

cub is a nice compensation for losing rolls and getting the 'lose' item. if it was always on then those items would always have some value as emblems - so people would be more likely to farm them. but it's a problem of balance, people would only farm the easy stuff to the point that the hard stuff would not be worth farming again. the max items limit is good for that cos people wont hoard something which isn't worth much just because it's easy.. that was the problem with gold farming through scrolls, it made a little gold, but was so easy that people scripted it 24/7, handing in hundreds of thousands of them. the item limit from house storage at least stops that.

i dunno, i like it how it is to a large extent. lets you plan long term and prepare passively, makes you feel less cheated when you get a shit roll or mod combo at high intensity on a drop, makes castles more desirable, etc

as it is, if people miss it and dont get very much, they can plan for the next one, then you're rewarding them for staying with the server long term, the more they play in that time, the more reward they get

it's an option tho that they could put perma cub on, and perma tots on. it would make for a big change to the server's market, but it would adjust. they are viable options, it's just whether they're the best options or not. Ltots make nice filler drops at the moment

Nordon

Sorceror
the hard stuff would not be worth farming again

I'm sorry, I thought the hard stuff is hard to get because it's actually good. I am not sure what we categorize under hard. Can you give an example where people famr hard stuff just to hoard shit items to get emblems?

I understand your argument to some extent, but I don't see how the part I quote is true.

And, to me, with properly functional token return system - you will not be able to script it. Say completely thresh items would give you nothing. Only magical items with a certain intensity (cutoff) will start giving points and so forth and so forth...

Nordon

Sorceror
With the supposition of the event - the current state of affairs, however, hoarding-to-throw-away-in-the-future is promoted. Which is not that great for server performance. :)
And IMO worse than promoting throwing stuff away.

Whatever98

Squire
i mean stuff that sux but is hard to get, like crap gauntlet/champ artifacts, high level runic crap, even minor artifacts, if you could get emblems from things you get off liches and crap then they wont be worth handing in

just think how many emblems you'd get off 1 miasma... at the moment people will just leave that crap on the corpse

otimpyre

Sorceror
As a hoarder I object! lol I bought and gathered lots of artifacts for cub. I only did so because, my normal garbage levels would get me nothing. The perma cub allows to trash whatever when ever so people keep things tidy.. And people throw things away after a hunt....The current system requires that everything exist before the date cub opened.. So what else would an intelligent vet player do? Other than hoard......T_T Anyway that is my tantrum...I will take what I get I just want to clean up my damn houses lol :anime: